Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You did link a parody right? I first thought it were the crappy Kindle Speakers that made this sound so bad. There is no way this is the real deal? Right? :ohdear:

I think it's real. Hold me. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Eonwe posted:

can they do anything good at all besides fleecing money from idiot nerds

Ben has converted simple carbohydrates into triglycerides like a champ, that's something right?

edit: also seraph keeps pledging :10bux: to shitpost here, that's "good" in a way too, for Lowtax at least.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 16, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Eonwe posted:

i bet an aspiring musician at CIG wrote the song

lol

Sandi probably wrote it. She's a song writer too, you know! She probably has some paperwork to back that up somewhere around the office.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Gonkish posted:

Actually I think that when people call Elite boring, they're really criticizing the general lack of an over-arching structure to the game. If you want it to provide you with a story, a purpose, etc. it's not going to do that. It literally drops you in a ship in a space station and says "have fun". It wants you to make your own goals... and for a lot of people that boils down to "get a new ship". That puts focus on money grinding and that gets dull quickly.

This sums E:D up really well, and hits the nail on the head for me personally as well. I bought the lifetime expansion pass though, so hopefully something good will eventually come out.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I want to set up a direct debit to RSI from my spaceship, can I?

*in Croberts mush mouth voice* If you can dream it, you can do it!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

quote:

[...]well I forgot I still need food for the rest of the month but I can worry about that later... I now am the proud owner of a Retaliator class bomber with LTI .... time to go stare at it a bit in my hangar!

:lol:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

At the seven minute mark you say something nice about Smart. That invalidates all of your criticism of Christ Robberts, nice troll attempt Goon. :smug:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Jethro_E7 posted:

What happens is that someone wants the referral rewards. They then create several dummy accounts and buy a package on each using the referral code of their main account. Once created, the goods are gifted over to the main account, where the ships are melted and they buy a Sabre or something, or sell the credits off at 80%.

I must be thick, how is that 'backfiring' if suckers are buying packages on dummy alt accounts and gifting them to themselves?

From Crobert's point of view it works out the same either way, correct? I mean it's still cash coming in, so who cares if it's not actually new people. As long as someone is paying for the coke and pube trimmers who gives a poo poo.

AP posted:

As we're all pretty much aware that whales have several accounts each and CIG still claimed 1 million citizens while knowing it was bollocks. I don't think it's going to bother CIG at all.

It was pretty hilarious when someone in chat pointed out there was only like 25,000 people actually watching the stream of CitCon.

I guess the other 975,000 Citizens were too busy. :allears:

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 18, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

LOL IDENTIFY YOURSELF PLEB DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!!? :byodood:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Skoll posted:

Elite Dangerous and soon to be Rebel Galaxy. Both things that are fun and good and real.

I played Rebel Galaxy for 84 minutes, and then sent a steam request for a refund. :(

I just didn't get it. The unoriginal weapons, the boring flight model, and mission bugs put me right off. Plus I nearly had an epileptic fit from the flashing neon lights the fill the whole game. :pcgaming:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I spent like an hour doing this after I saw the original, then scroll down and there's yours.

gently caress you man. :arghfist::(

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Szcwczuk posted:

Every time I read it it gets worse, when he talks about "smells" I couldn't stop laughing. Why would you post any of that.

Please tell me there's somewhere I can read more poo poo like this.

He just wanted some goon advice man, and to share his experiences. That's why we're here, right? :shrug:

edit: also I'm glad he got psych help, probably would have turned in to another Elliot Rodger. Using phrases like "get a lady of my own", "having a woman", "getting a woman", "no access to them (women)", etc. is a really bad sign. Guy's loving insane.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 23, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Onmi posted:

If you post your information online and you attack a person then you should prepare for the blow back.

SAFE SPACE! The internet needs a SAFE SPACE! You're financial shaming them! :qq:

Newest South Park episode, anyone? I felt it really fit well with the Star Citizen fiasco

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Decrepus posted:

The sniffing panties thing was a joke post. It was from when a joke needed a setup and payoff instead of impact text on the picture of an animal.

Don't ruin it for me. :ohdear:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Romes128 posted:

Seriously tho that theater layout is dumb as poo poo. You gotta show the dick or rear end to like 10 people if you gotta get out to pee. Lol.

Imagine Ben sitting in the middle and having fat crawl all over you, then back again after he dropped a deuce without washing his hands. Or let's be real, didn't wipe properly either cause of the trex arms.

I imagine Ben is the kind of person who'd voluntarily get a colostomy and a catheter to make life easier for himself.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

MeLKoR posted:

gently caress, they are onto us. :siren: CODE SHALLOT :siren: CODE SHALLOT :siren:

I must have lost my Goon Decoder Ring, so what does this mean again? drat I'm such a let down to my Goon brothers and Goon sisters.

Hail Goon! Hail Lowtax! o7

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

o7

joats posted:

GBSFM used to be a thing

Is that the station that had the goon meltdown legend "SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD!"?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tank Boy Ken posted:

:pgi: the company behind Mechwarrior Online did the same (just to their players).

Doesn't count; Star Citizen has no players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

spacetoaster posted:

(seriously, close this thread)

:agreed:

• Locked thread