Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm the guy who blew $1500 on this game bragging about how successful he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

quote:

echo 0.0.0.0 youtube.com/shutupcartoons>>%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

That's not how name resolution works

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
^^ You'll be hearing from my lawyers if you don't apologize

G0RF posted:

Hey can someone repost that really glitchy presentation Chris gave, the one with the crowds going wild over the helmet? (Should've bookmarked but forgot to...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE

This one I think

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
If you're like me and just read this thread for entertainment and haven't gazed into the abyss that is r/starcitizen, I highly recommend having a look. It's. Insane. These guys spend all their time fantasizing about tactics and crews and dreaming about the minutiae involved in space politics.. Holy poo poo.

Before I was laughing about it "being a cult", but after looking over the subreddit, I'm leaning more towards "this is an actual cult." The only difference is these guys have deluded themselves into it.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm beginning to suspect that among everything else, CIG is also engaging in insider trading of the Grey Market. My reasoning is that so far, CIG decision making has always gone with the dumbest and most short-sighted EXCEPT it has not re-opened the market for limited-released ships. Doing so would be have predictable and disastrous results, but call me a cynic if I don't believe that's the reason CIG is making one smart decision out of a sea of bad ones. Instead, one or a few people at CIG are manipulating the market. Really, what's to stop them from making a new 'limited-release' .jpg out of thin air, and then selling it at huge mark-up on reddit?
Reminder that this exact scenario already happened with Butterfly Labs.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Dont post any of that again please thx

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gwaihir posted:

It won't do anything to other random vendors, but if you hit someone like Steam or Blizzard with a chargeback they will absolutely just ban your account.

That's ridiculous. So if Steam fucks you over somehow and you (rightly) file a charge back they just steal all your paid-for games out from under you?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Lol. This was comedy gold when we had a goon in for 2.5g. Now we have a wale in for ?25million?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Maltag posted:

I've made net profit on this game.

And it doesn't strike you as the slightest bit suspicious that people are making profit from a game that doesn't even exist?

This is how Ponzi schemes work. Early investors make money so that they'll spread the word.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

It's true... it's all true. I'm so jealous of guys like Seraph. He paid me only $40 / hour while we was making hundreds, what a hypocrite rear end in a top hat pretending to be a revplutionary, right? Okay, the truth is I'm just mad cause he's been telling me to put my money into bitcoin since it was at $175/coin and I never did until now. I only ever wanted to be a cool, rich, smart, kind, fit babe-magnet like he is... I'm sorry. I've been such a fool.

ahahah this is some embarrassing poo poo

Shocker you're a bitcoiner too, never would have guessed

EDIT: Also lol @ the thought of a NYC person making $40 an hour thinking that would be rich or well off in any way.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

ShredsYouSay posted:

Wait shormky is a loving furry? Goddammit.

Oh boy, you don't even know.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

LCL-Dead posted:

Honest question:

Is that 40 hours as week as well?

What's a good living wage to have in NYC if you want to live comfortably?

With or without 4-7 roomates?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Variable 5 posted:

None of this should matter. If you have a "total spent" amount greater than the value of the digital items in your hangar, you should be able to get a full refund of everything still in your hangar. To refund any less and to close the account as they seem to insist on doing is literally theft.

No it's not.

It's fraud.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I don't even understand why these Star Citizens would have any interest in playing a game that requires you to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a _regular basis_ to remain even remotely competitive. That doesn't sound like the "one true final game" that anyone would be interested in.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Sorry kids, it's macaroni and cheese for the rest of the month. Daddy's spaceship just got exploded and the insurance was lapsed.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

The Saddest Robot posted:

You don't even have to spend the money to get those ships, you can acquire them in-game through normal means. This is just like a starter package.

For a game that doesn't exist.

That's the funny thing though; if it was remotely practical (in this imaginary game) to simply play a lot and get those same ships, then they would never actually sell for thousands of dollars, people would just acquire them in-game for the most part. So either you can acquire them from playing and nobody would ever pay cash, or it's not practical and you HAVE to pay. And since these insurances (excluding backers LTI) are time-limited, that means gamers would have to be constantly dumping literal thousands of dollars into their accounts to keep up.

So basically, this is Econ 101 and it wouldn't work either way.

What am I doing I'm trying to dissect the marketing on a Ponzi sceme this is dumb.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

so remember when derek smart linked the goonrathi roster and said it was a spreadsheet to request refunds

i think he was onto something

drat I've never really paid too much attention to that before. Two things stick out:

a) God :drat: that's a lot of people

b) Hahaha holy poo poo someone paid 11 large for this poo poo! Goons are no smarter than Redditors

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bluestreak can't read the forums at work but he was nice enough to link the pic.

No freaking way!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
This private investigator business is hilarious because it's not like he can follow employees to a parking garage where they meet with Mr. Smart in a trenchcoat and pass attache cases back and forth. All of these leaks would be taking place with personal email/IM accounts and there's no legal (and very few illegal) ways to even get ahold of that sort of information. This isn't a cheating spouse type situation.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Agrajag posted:

im still stuck on twenty thousand...

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/643006192/overview/

You can buy a 2007 BMW M5 for 20k :laugh:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

Realtalk folks I think CIG's code monkeys are furious that they're not getting a healthy slice (remember Travis Day leaving CIG like a week after talking about how great Arena Commander's new flight model - his baby - was coming along?) of CR's money pie, so they're sabotaging the game in protest.

This actually sounds pretty plausible. I've worked with a number of dysfunctional software engineering teams and it's pretty obvious when the devs are just phoning it in to pick up a check and run down the clock, and the (shitastic) project managers try to put a pretty spin on everything to pretend like something's getting done. "See, look at this huge list of things we accomplished this week!" <insert list of useless filler crap>. It's the project management version of double-spaced lines on a school essay.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

lamentable dustman posted:

why does that star citzen show thing always have the fat dudes sit a foot from the camera and everyone else trying to squeeze into the crack behind them?

idk it looks like the world's worst road trip

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ahahaha I love how the light sources outside the ship are casting through the walls.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Sarsapariller posted:

Evaluate it on its own merits and don't get sucked into the madness.

We don't have to do poo poo. I'm here for the comedy.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Justin Tyme posted:

Derek Smart posted a screenshot of a forum he posted on that looked like a car forum and the guy's sig has some old 2006 as his daily driver. You'd think someone so financially stable working in the bustling big business world of Alaska would be able to drive something a little more nice if he is dropping G's on Fart Shitizen.

I thought it was a SVX forum and the last of those rolled off the line in like 1994 or something :laugh:

My personal car is a 1992 but I could easily afford a 2015 5-series if I felt like being foolish with money (I don't)

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Revmoo's Orange Chicken:

Read entire recipe fully before cooking. Takes 2.5 hours roughly. Serve with steamed white rice and steamed broccoli with butter

Ingredients:
1-2lb of chicken, squared into chunks
Rice vinegar
Soy Sauce
Lemon/Lime juice
Ginger root
2 Oranges
1 White onion
Brown sugar
Honey
Green onions
Garlic
Red pepper flakes
Salt
Black pepper
Flour

Sauce:
2 Cups water
1/4 Cup Rice vinegar
1 oz Soy sauce
1 oz Lemon/Lime juice
2 oz Small diced white onions
.5 oz grated ginger root
2 large oranges zest
2 large oranges juice
1 Cup brown sugar
3 Tbs honey
1 Tbs Diced green onions
1 Tsp Garlic (Not too much, just a hint)
1 Tsp Red pepper flakes

Ingredients should be mixed to taste and volume needed. Sauce should not be too thick or too thin.

Directions:
Bring sauce to boil and simmer 10-20 mins.
Let sauce cool and place half in bag with chicken pieces to marinade
Save half of sauce for cooking later

*Marinate chicken 2 hours*

In a second bag add flour, salt and pepper
Remove chicken pieces, drain and then add to flour bag, evenly coat chicken pieces
Heat skillet with medium coating of olive oil and brown chicken rapidly. Do not cook fully
Remove chicken from skillet, place on paper towels to drain
Clean skillet of any debris
Add sauce to skillet and boil, add chicken pieces
Keeping temperature up, allow sauce to reduce and occasionally toss the chicken
Finish cooking chicken and remove and add to serving bowl. Keep only the sauce that stays with the chicken

revmoo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 20, 2015

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
lmao that they have a high volume of customer support tickets for a game that doesn't exist. It has to be all refund requests.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Wulfling posted:

The email I got today said they've got a backlog of over 3000 tickets.

lol

I work for a company less than a third the size of CIG. And since I got in to work this morning they've processed......249 tickets.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Octopode posted:

Conversely, I work in an organization more than two orders of magnitude larger than CIG, and we've only closed about 15 tickets today.

Maybe that rate would be higher if their call center reps weren't shitposting all over the Something is Awful Forums

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Qhorin posted:

Thank you.
I'm an attractive and financially-solvent endurance athlete living in NYC for the past decade. Maybe you and your local suburban teen friends in Littleton-Fucks, Minnesota, actually keep track of such trivial bullshit like who fucks who, so you can know to get a gold star once you've hosed the entire town population of 78 drooling nobodies, but here in the big city, sexy people with money don't bother keeping track. It's pretty much Sodom and Gomorrah 24/7 up in here for real.

Wait, didn't you say previously that you make $40 an hour?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Sedisp posted:

I like all the small town people like Seraph that move to NYC and suddenly think that it's a big deal.

Or that $40 is well-off in any way. That's barely middle class in my shithole city I couldn't imagine trying to survive in NYC on that, much less be smug about it.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Qhorin posted:

If you mean proof of MENSA membership, I do not support that filthy for-profit capitalist institution.

Points for the first goon that digs up the relevant post and analyzes to discern the truth from the noise.
Yes.

Wait, found it:

It's true... it's all true. I'm so jealous of guys like Seraph. He paid me only $40 / hour while we was making hundreds, what a hypocrite rear end in a top hat pretending to be a revplutionary, right? Okay, the truth is I'm just mad cause he's been telling me to put my money into bitcoin since it was at $175/coin and I never did until now. I only ever wanted to be a cool, rich, smart, kind, fit babe-magnet like he is... I'm sorry. I've been such a fool.

You were bragging about paying yourself $40 an hour lol

It's even worse than I remembered

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Hooooooooly poo poo.

It starts out reading like some white paper or something and I'm like gently caress how many chapters does this thing have. And then it ends with a handful of paragraphs of Twitter quotes. Hilarious. It's like a kid who's dad is a doctor playing with his stethoscope.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Director Alpha posted:

Would you read it if there were? Which aspect? Depends on what communities they are from. Research seems the most common. We take payment up front. Not sure as to a hit, we have exit clauses covering the latter half of that one.

We come across all kinds of info, doxx aren't a significant focus, personality and behavioral information are. No hostages were taken nor harmed, we don't do blackmail our interests are more specific.

drat son this is like the nerd Illuminati. How do I join up? I'll bring punch.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

D_Smart posted:

Yes. As soon as it popped up, my social media person was on it. It was passed along to my office, who then got legal to remove it. Now they're in the process of sending a legal request to both Medium and Reddit for his info. And we're going to get it. The writing gives us an idea of who we think is behind it. And for their sakes, I hope I'm wrong.

He also has it up on archive.is and pastebin (update: we've had this one removed now as well).

1lovecreamsoda, if you're reading this: what comes next, is going to be glorious. I see you clearly missed the memo whereby it was made clear that I DO in fact take that sort of thing seriously. Several people have had the pleasure of finding out just that, in court proceedings. Make fun of me, parody me, meme me etc, they're all within the realms of Free Speech (depending on where you live on the planet); but when you cross the line, I will be there to help remind you where that line actually is.

ps: yes, we've archived the entire thread, including all your comments within.

pps: I live in Florida. Down here, we have the strictest anti-defamation laws in the entire nation. Look it up.

lol DS gonna sue the middle-schooler that wrote that. ilovecreamsode, your parents are gonna be PISSED

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

D_Smart posted:

A certain Ilovecreamsoda wrote it. Do you write the same?

Hahaha actually the writing between the two is extremely similar. Very Dunning-Krueger-esque on both sides.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

D_Smart posted:

It looks like he just found a template online, then used it to fill in his bullshit.

No don't you see, he's heavily involved in matters relating to physical security. Literally. His dad is a security guard.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

redwalrus posted:

Disclaimer: This is a parody.

Hey Reddit, archive this

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Eonwe posted:

holy poo poo

Omg srsly