Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

And, being a kid, he probably got cold feet and ran all the way back to Guadosalam, a summoner who never finished the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Speedball posted:

And, being a kid, he probably got cold feet and ran all the way back to Guadosalam, a summoner who never finished the job.

Nah, he ran away and then got cold feet. Mt. Gagazet is snowy!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Was it mentioned back when Id got him that sometimes YojimboPaytoWin will sometimes spend good initial action on a free attack without you having to pay him? I've found it to be a rather annoying thing actually. I had been an idiot and didn't get the destruction sphere at Besaid so I had to kill Dark Valefor and there was no way I was doing it legit. So I got Yuna's overdrive up, saved up about 40k, and tried to get the instant kill. Problem is the free attack will never instant kill a boss, so it took me 3 tries before I could even pay to try for the instant kill. Luckily I got that the first try once I could pay him without him doing a single wakizashi attack then dying.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Besides the obvious mega-death troll (which is a cool gimmick actually), I hate how this boss makes you feel like you're locked in a pattern. I guess you aren't actually in one until the final round, but you still feel like it since you can't effectively buff your party, you constantly have to manage debuffs, and there aren't many ways to break out of the cycle without foresight and probably spending more time than it would take to just go and do the boss.

Gimmick bosses are one thing, but I don't think many people like the feeling of having to stay at a boss's pace in order to get through a fight.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

...locked in a pattern....there aren't many ways to break out of the cycle without foresight and probably spending more time than it would take to just go and do the boss.

Symbolism!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

We've seen Yunalesca's design somewhere before.

It's a Nomura original.

To give them credit, the way they reinterpreted it for Yunalesca's "reveal" is absolutely phenomenal.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mazed posted:

We've seen Yunalesca's design somewhere before.

It's a Nomura original.

To give them credit, the way they reinterpreted it for Yunalesca's "reveal" is absolutely phenomenal.

She bears a pretty similar design to Cloud of Darkness in her first form and I swear the head and head snake/skulls looks really similar to another boss from one of the older games.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Without checking back at the update, FF3's Medusa? The DS version at least rendered her as just a head. :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Was it mentioned back when Id got him that sometimes YojimboPaytoWin will sometimes spend good initial action on a free attack without you having to pay him? I've found it to be a rather annoying thing actually. I had been an idiot and didn't get the destruction sphere at Besaid so I had to kill Dark Valefor and there was no way I was doing it legit. So I got Yuna's overdrive up, saved up about 40k, and tried to get the instant kill. Problem is the free attack will never instant kill a boss, so it took me 3 tries before I could even pay to try for the instant kill. Luckily I got that the first try once I could pay him without him doing a single wakizashi attack then dying.

There's some list of enemies at Rank 1 of 6 on some kind of chart that Yojimbo can immediately use Zanmato on when summoned, yeah.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Remember way back when we found out that unsent spirits turned into fiends? And Lulu's old summoner still looked like her human self?

I'm pretty sure this confirms that Yunalesca is just a very lucid fiend. I mean, she's a ghost attached to a giant goddamn abombination.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

She's just an unsent like Seymour and equally inexplicably powerful.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Well in defense, Yunalesca has been dead for about 1000 years and Ginnem was dead for maybe a year.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's a shame that Mika isn't an extra boss. I would have liked him to be equally hosed up seeing as how he's the unsent fantasy pope.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Aren't Fiends essentially Unsent that couldn't keep it together, and mutated into the monsters the party faces off against?

I'm assuming Yunalesca just never had to go to as much effort to deal with loose ends as she did with the party (if Young Auron's encounter is anything to go by), and just gradually devolved into "KILL THESE BASTARDS PROTECT THE PILGRIMAGE WHY WON'T YOU DIE I'M FREEING YOU FROM YOURSELVES" when they got to the point of forcing her into Medusa-form. Though that doesn't quite explain why she went back to her regular self in her last few moments.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Also I think Yunalesca having three forms, one of which is essentially a giant medusa head, has something to do with the amount of Pyreflies around.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Regalingualius posted:

Aren't Fiends essentially Unsent that couldn't keep it together, and mutated into the monsters the party faces off against?

I'm assuming Yunalesca just never had to go to as much effort to deal with loose ends as she did with the party (if Young Auron's encounter is anything to go by), and just gradually devolved into "KILL THESE BASTARDS PROTECT THE PILGRIMAGE WHY WON'T YOU DIE I'M FREEING YOU FROM YOURSELVES" when they got to the point of forcing her into Medusa-form. Though that doesn't quite explain why she went back to her regular self in her last few moments.

It's something you can checkmark when you sign up for the Horrific Monster Transformation clause in your JRPG Boss contract. The ones that don't will just die as berserk screaming abominations, but if you're vaguely important enough you get a few minutes after you go critical to drop some sort of important hint to point the heroes in the next direction before telling them you'll see them in hell.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It seems like a bit of a cheat for a Fayth to dream up imaginary people to then act as Final Aeons. They should go full circle and dream up Summoners as well, to save killing any actual people to beat Sin.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Squalitude posted:

It seems like a bit of a cheat for a Fayth to dream up imaginary people to then act as Final Aeons. They should go full circle and dream up Summoners as well, to save killing any actual people to beat Sin.

That makes me think... if the fayth dreaming zanarkand were to somehow stop dreaming right now, would sin just disappear and leave Yu Yevon just kind of hanging there naked and unprotected, since the current sin was built out of a dream person?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I kinda get the sense that they have to be forced to stop dreaming, kind of like they're on autopilot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Momomo posted:

I kinda get the sense that they have to be forced to stop dreaming, kind of like they're on autopilot.

Yeah kinda. Right now the are forced in a state of dreaming and they want nothing more than to stop their cursed existence. Bu that wont happen while sin is alive.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Dark Id posted:

”BARF!”

Genius

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Squalitude posted:

I doubt the fayth have any real control over the dream. They're more like power sources than anything.

As far as I can tell they're forced to make Zanarkand at that point in time with inhabitants as close to the real thing as they can still manage with their fading memories. Running the same old outdated simulation over an over for over a millennium while the world burns around them is why they want to finally be put to rest so badly. Tidus and Jecht were unique anomalies thanks to their contact with the Sin fundamentally changing them somehow and knowledge of the outside world. Since they apparently never managed to make contact with Jecth before he became the final aeon, their only hope lies with Tidus. It was not at all intended, but this is the fayth's only real shot at getting someone to end their self-inflicted hell.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 22, 2016

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Xoidanor posted:

She's just an unsent like Seymour and equally inexplicably powerful.

Unsent are made of pyreflies. Summoners train to manipulate pyreflies and shape them into powerful form to channel the aeons.

Unsent summoners can thus manipulate themselves for a massive boost.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Geostomp posted:

I doubt the fayth have any real control over the dream. They're more like power sources than anything.

As far as I can tell they're forced to make Zanarkand at that point in time with inhabitants as close to the real thing as they can still manage with their fading memories. Running the same old outdated simulation over an over for over a millennium while the world burns around them is why they want to finally be put to rest so badly. Tidus and Jecht were unique anomalies thanks to their contact with the Sin fundamentally changing them somehow and knowledge of the outside world. Since they apparently never managed to make contact with Jecth before he became the final aeon, their only hope lies with Tidus. It was not at all intended, but this is the fayth's only real shot at getting someone to end their self-inflicted hell.

Dream Tidus was kind of weird to me at first given that that's not how you'd imagine a dream person functioning. I guess simulation works better, though it's missing how he's being simulated. (please don't yell at me for not getting this again, this is my first exposure to this game)

I guess it's kind of like the "Sephiroth Clones" in FF7 who weren't actually clones at all, but not really having a simple noun encapsulating how they functioned and what they were either. At least with that there were plenty of people who HAD played the game but didn't get the plot until Elentor's LP got there.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Don't worry, I don't think they ever really explain how Jecht and Tidus work other than a bit of hand waving about how both were "touched by Sin" which somehow made them "more real."

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
This is how I saw it.

Aeons are real. They can be damaged regularly by anything, so we know they're not ghosts or anything. They're just not made the same way humans are. It's just when they "die" they can be reformed with no repercussions. They're effectively immortal, they just get reborn again and again. And it's the same thing with Dream Zanarkand. And over time things about the people change slightly (although I can see Tidus doing what happens in X-2, so it might not be that much of a change) because memory is fickle sometimes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

This is how I saw it.

Aeons are real. They can be damaged regularly by anything, so we know they're not ghosts or anything. They're just not made the same way humans are. It's just when they "die" they can be reformed with no repercussions. They're effectively immortal, they just get reborn again and again. And it's the same thing with Dream Zanarkand. And over time things about the people change slightly (although I can see Tidus doing what happens in X-2, so it might not be that much of a change) because memory is fickle sometimes.

This is basically how I see it. Tidus is very much Shuyin who the Fayth have slowly lost the details for over literally 1000 years of dreaming. Again, I think the term "Dream" really hurt the understanding of the concept, since the correct one would be "Aeon" as established in the games story. Tidus is a function of the giant Aeon that is "Zanarkand", which as established is a physical entity off the coast of Spira. That Aeon perpetually recycles and remembers Zanarkand in its prime, minus the whole war with Sin, and the Summoner Culture. Probably because Aeons trying to Summon would have lead to some awkward questions and broken the whole thing down. Tidus is still a physical being, but like an Aeon, he can be dismissed, and if the Fayth disappeared, he would too.

Tidus's goal now that they Fayth have given it too him, is to end the Fayth's summoning, to do this he must kill Sin, doing so would kill him too, as well as destroying everything he's ever known before coming to Spira. I think it's implied that Jecht may have figured this all out, as he did hint to Auron that he had a plan, and Auron knew to ride Sin to Zanarkand to raise Tidus, give him an even more crippling father complex, and then whisk him back to Spira to enact their 10 year long revenge. The opening scene also seems to imply that Jecht CAN speak, as Auron says "You're sure?" to Sin at the beginning, he could have simply been talking about the actions but... well give it an update.

Here's the timeline of events we can reasonably infer

1000 Years Ago - The City States of Zanarkand (A summoner culture) and Bevelle (A Machina culture) go to war when Bevelle attacks Zanarkand. Zanarkand's Summoners cannot defeat the Machina and the city is on the brink of destruction. Yu Yevon the Immortal Pitches the plan to preserve Zanarkand as an Aeon, and a way to protect it, Sin. This act destroys the actual Zanarkand, and then wipes out pretty much all of Spira.
- Yunalesca and her husband Lord Zaon discover a way to defeat Sin, and Zaon becomes the Final Aeon, he destroys Sin, but then Yu Yevon likely does some Magic bullshit and takes Zaon's form as the new Sin. From this either Bevelle picked up what Yunalesca did or Yunalesca herself told Bevelle how to do the Final Summoning after coming back from the dead.
-The Cult of Yevon is formed, literally worshipping Yu Yevon without knowledge of what they're worshipping.
Repeat for 990 years of Summoners bringing forth the Final Aeon, destroying Sin, and then having the Final Aeon taken away from them, killing them.
-Jecht of Aeon Zanarkand is lost at sea, encounters Sin, and Arrives in Bevelle. there he meets Braska and Auron, eventually coming to accept he'll never make it home again, he seems to have figured out the Yevon con. Becomes the latest Final Aeon and is in turn, made into Sin.
-Jecht takes Auron to the Aeon Zanarkand, who raises Tidus until Jecht's return to take them to Spira once more.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Air is lava! posted:

Yeah kinda. Right now the are forced in a state of dreaming and they want nothing more than to stop their cursed existence. Bu that wont happen while sin is alive.

Basically, you have to wake the Wind Fish.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Nidoking posted:

Basically, you have to wake the Wind Fish.

Or in this case kill it. Which is an interesting comparison as they are both flying whales.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XCVIII: Our Close Encounter

Music: Hymn of the Fayth ~ Yunalesca

Welp. We've successfully murdered one of the most important people in Spira's culture and broken a centuries old tradition. At least Yuna's off the hook from dying at the end of her pilgrimage. :v: Hopefully we can continue to solve all our problems by solving them to death, setting them on fire, and occasionally nuking 'em with a dragon.

In the back of Yunalesca's lair we can take a stairway down to the bottom of The Beyond to...

...oh. Weird. It's just a teleporter between this broken staircase and the one in the back of the room.

There is actually a purpose to that, beyond Yunalesca getting bored and thinking it was fun in her downtime. Taking the teleporter once will spawn the Sun Crest. If you're playing the PAL or HD Remaster version, it's a very good idea to pick this up right now. Dark Bahamut moves in and squats these digs after Yunalesca kicks the bucket and the party leaves.

But we're not worrying about that loser. That's a wrap for Zanarkand. Let's blow this dead scene.

With Yunalesca's second and final death, all the pyreflies in the area, as well as the slain summoner's version of Hymn of the Fayth, both vanish into the ether. The party just kind of shrugs at this development and moves on. Except for...

"What?"
"There is something you should know."
"I know... it's about you, right?"
"I am also an unsent. You are not surprised?"
"I think I kinda knew.”
”So unsent can age, huh...? How come that Yunalesca chick still looked pretty alright? I mean except for the big giant head growing out of her hair. Guess you got off lucky with a few gray streaks, huh?”
“So it would seem...”

“It was Yunalesca, wasn't it?"
”I mean you KINDA got wrecked back there and landed like right on your neck.”
"When Braska and Jecht died defeating Sin... I just couldn't accept it. I came back here...tried to avenge them. But she struck me down.”

“But my strength left me just outside Bevelle. That's where Kimahri found me. I told him about Yuna... just before I died.”
”Oh huh... Kinda thought she did you in when you landed on your neck back in uhh... whatever the deal was with the space room. You made it all the way back to Bev—wait Kimahri knew you were dead this whole time...?”
“He has never been the most talkative of Ronso.”

“I've been wandering ever since, never going to the Farplane."
"Auron..."

“I was able to ride Sin and go to your Zanarkand."
”Do you have to be dead to do that?”
“...It helps.”
“But how do you know?”
“It worked, did it not?”
“Yeah but... Bah. I mean I'm not unsent. I'm a dr... Fine. Whatever! Sure.”

"And you've been watching over me since then, haven't you? Why? What's the big idea? Why me?"
"It is one of those things that is difficult to explain. Very well, I will show you.”

So apparently the unsent to conjure up 100% accurate ghost holograms of their memories. Was that Auron conjuring up all those images earlier to motivate everyone? Was it a happily timed accident? Hell if I know. Like many unsent and pyreflies' abilities, this will never be utilized again.

Music: Auron's Theme

“Uh... Nah. Never mind."
"Out with it!"
"Okay. Listen good. Take care of my son.”

“He needs someone there to hold his hand, see? Take care of him, will you?"
”Like teach him how to pick up chicks or... like point him in the right direction of girls or something. I don't want the kid just sitting in his room and doing arm strength training, ya get me? That kinda stuff.”
"But how am I supposed to go to Zanarkand?"
"Hey! You said it yourself! There must be a way to get there, right? You'll find it."
”Just wing it man! It'll work out.”
“Didn't you just say you were giving up on going back to Zanarkand because it was impossible?”
“Yeah well I gotta go with Braska and turn into like a magic fire raptor or some crap. You've still got time to figure it out.”

"All right, I will! I give you my word. I'll take care of your son. I'll guard him with my life."
"Thanks, Auron.”

”Oh yeah... Don't you bone my wife. I don't care if I'm a magic ice bear or some poo poo. I will find. And I will kick your rear end Auron. You got me?”
“...You have my word.”
“Magical ice bear foot. Up your rear end. I don't care if there's already a stick up that rear end it in the way. My bear hoof will ram that stick out of your rear end up through your throat. Got it?”
“...Yeah.”
“Alright. Glad we're clear. I knew I liked you Auron.”

And with that Auron peaces out with the rest of the crew. So yep. Auron is unsent too. They at least didn't slam you in the face with foreshadowing on that that, like they did with Seymour clearly being an evil prick. Okay... Maybe they did. But it was more of an occasional foreshadowing hard, open-palmed slap instead of a brutal bludgeoning. :v:

If we'd had told Dona to continue her pilgrimage back during the whole Bikanel story arc, she and Barthello would have shown up here. She would have been a bit pissed that there's just an empty room with nobody in it at the end of the pilgrimage. I guess Ghost Attendant bugged out the same time Yunalesca did.

We really did her a favor telling her to call it quits early.

Thankfully, Final Fantasy X doesn't make us run the entire Zanarkand Dome a second time. We're immediately dumped back outside and hey, wouldn't you know it. It's daybreak. Well, sunset in Zanarkand was certainly lovely. Let's take a look and see how the first sunrise looks on this new chapter of Spira's history.

Hey, Sin. Could you move over a tiny bit? I'm trying to see the sunrise he—oh CHRIST!

The Final Summoning's gone. But I'll think of something! Just give me a little more time!
It'd be great if you didn't step on me...

Well... That happened... I need a new pair of pants.

Oh by the way the Fahrenheit is here. This scene is really out of nowhere if you failed to speak with that one Al Bhed (or didn't obtain enough Primers to understand) in the corner of the yard of the Rin Travel Agency back in the Calm Lands.

“Tuh'd syga aoa luhdyld yht gaab sujehk yht ed lyh'd caa ic.”
“Huha uv dryd cuihtc dnia!”
“Ed'c fungehk yeh'd ed?!”
“Fa yna kuehk du tea. Fa yna YMM kuehk du tea!”

"Yna fa cdemm ymeja."
"Dumt oui ed fuimt, puo!"
"E... E drehg E cryd so byhdc..."
"Cuh, drana yeh'd y ihcimmeat Ym Prat byen uv byhdc uh drec yencreb. Yeh'd y uha."
"..."

So how exactly do you even land that thing? It was kind of just... suspended in the Home hangar and we've yet to see it anchored since then. Yeah they will never show it landed on actual ground. Final Fantasy over-design is in full force.

[Just going to keep moving opposite direction of Sin until somebody tells me.]

”Any of y'all need a change of trousers after that Sin encounter, better take a number. There's a pretty big line back there.”
“Dang...”

[Where? Where?]
"'Where, where?' That all you can say? Why don't you think of something!?""
[My job is the pilot. It is kinda my whole thing, Rikku. If I get up, airship will crash.]

Any good ideas?"
"Come on, help us?"
“That's usually your thing. All vague wise words of wisdom and junk, right?”
“Hmm... To be honest, killing Yunalesca was as far as my planning went.”
“Heh. You're joking.”
*glare* “No.”
“...Great.”

"What do we know... Sin is Jecht. Thus, you have a link... a bond with Sin. That may be our key."
”Who is what now...?”
“...My old man.”
“...Say what?!”
“Uhh... Long story.”

"So what do we do?"
"We think, and we wait." *walks off*

”...”
“Hey, Lulu?”
“Yes?”
“Do you wear shoes underneath that whole belt thing or what?”
“...Excuse me?”
“See! I told you I was bad as this thinking and waiting thing!”

Auron returns to the hallway to reclaim his warm brooding spot by the exit. He exchanges a glance with Yuna, who is just kind of hanging out for no particular reason.

We are treated to some bizarre drunken Yuna facecam as she enters the ship's bridge. Not the cameraman being drunk this time. More like Yuna's gait wobbling around the ship before setting straight. There are some... interesting cutscene directing decisions in this portion of the game.

“...”
“...”
“...”
“...”
“...”
“...”

After bowing to Cid, Yuna is surprised to find he has quickly turned about face. He's a real stoic type, huh?

But we the audience know the truth of his manly tears at the same return of his niece that he has... never actually seen in the last decade. Actually, I'm not even sure if they've ever met prior to this point.

Oh yeah. Kimahri was here too, I guess. We can't leave without our buddy, Kimahri! End scene.

Tune in next time for further adventures in winging it. Now with full airship support! Finally! All of Spira will be ours for the exploring! I don't know about you all, but I am excited! Oh god know I am not. Just let this blizzard freeze me dead now.

Video: Episode 98 Highlight Reel

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 23, 2016

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the Auron thing was pretty hamfisted too.

Rin shocked Auron could survive with his wounds, Auron falling over when Yuna sent Jyskal, and "Why are you still here? Oh yeah, sorry we Guado can smell death." Or whatever Seymour was saying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There were a number of hints about Auron being Unsent before this. Rin mentions taking him in to rest at one of his establishments due to a grievous injury. There was also Auron reacting to Yuna Sending Jyscal.

Oh, and Seymour all but said it in Guadosalam after asking Yuna to marry him. Given how he feels about death, him asking why Auron was still there was undoubtedly legitimate curiosity.

So, yeah, if Yuna did the Sending at the wedding, it would have affected three people. :v:

Edit: Post ninjas. :argh:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Dark Id posted:

Oh god know I am not. Just let this blizzard freeze me dead now.

Well hey, it can't be worse than Ending E, can it? :v: (also I think that should be the two letter version of "no")

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Edit: Post ninjas. :argh:

Understand :downs:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I, for one, totally agree that Auron really only planned up to murdering (re-murdering? I don't know) the hell out of Yunalesca. She is the one who took everything from him: his friends, his life, his hope.

And I am completely sympathetic to your current plight, TDI. The first time I did all of... that, it took me an entire month. Granted, I was a stupid, frustrated teenager at the time, but I will not cry foul if you just cheat through some of these things. They aren't fun.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Omobono posted:

Some points of order:
1) I believe it was stated in extra materials that Yunalesca "deals" with any other guardian a summoner may have. Auron was probably the first one managing to get out alive; either that or Yevonites takes care of it, but Auron took the spacewhale express to Faith Zanarkand.

So yeah, about Auron being the first one to get out alive....

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Have fun exploring* the beautiful world of Spira now, TDI.

*hahahahahaaaaa

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Yeah, come to think of it, you haven't gotten any of the Sigils yet, have you? Welp, time for 7 different kinds of tedious, frustrating, full-of-developer-malice events and minigames! Yaaaaaaaaaay! :suicide:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
For me, the thing which gave away Auron as being dead was the part in Guadosalam where pyreflies attacked him when the rest of the party was paying attention to Jyscal dropping off his sphere. There was plenty of foreshadowing, but the game did a good job with it not hammering it in too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So we've officially moved on from the part of the story where anybody knew what they were doing and are now entering "make it up as we go" territory. I guess we should probably ask around Belleve. I'm pretty sure that any and all heresy charges are utterly meaningless by this point.

Also, does this mean that Seymour is officially the only person to ever get out of meeting Yunalesca alive?

• Locked thread