Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, we've got to ensure that Yuna and everyone else is in relative safety before we can pay much attention to the looming sacrifice threat. One catastrophe at a time.

Plus any attempt at discussing it more than what they did at Home would probably quickly become "talk to Yuna about it" which is tough while she's elsewhere.

The Dark Id posted:

firing wildly while blindly

Both look to possible have a sphere slot on 'em.

Couple misspelled spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bevelle completely sucks, but the zones after this and up to the end game are very well executed. Some of the best of the ps2 era.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I always forget how the party escapes here until Rikku busts out that flashbomb.

The Bevelle Cloister just sucks. They're all trial and error, but at least the others make a bit more sense. Kilika Spheres make fire, Djose Spheres charge things up, Macarena Spheres make ice things, and Bevelle Spheres do arbitrary stuff. On replays, I generally remember how things work as I go through, here it's just beat my head against it until things go right. And then this is the one where it decides you have to ride a conveyor belt rather than walk. Maybe all the temples have different settings and the bad guys activated tedium mode to slow the party down, but I'm guessing it's just that Bevellians are dicks.

On the other hand, it has my favourite Aeon.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode LXXV: Chamber My Fayth

"Inside, maybe?"
"Then what are we standing here for?!"

“Urrrrgggghghhhahhaaaaaa!!!”
”Woah... Easy there!”
“I don't CARE if I poo poo my pants!”
“I... What? Eww...”

"You can stuff your taboos!"

Tidus struggles fruitlessly for the door for a bit. He's putting his all into this and nobody has the heart to tell him you need to flip a switch across the room. Tidus never really got the whole Guardian orientation training course...

But fear not Tidus, turns out Kimahri has your back for this one. Yevon a buncha straight bustas.

gently caress da police!

You're alright, you weird big blue cat dude. I mean, let's be real. You're still the absolute worst a battle. But hey, you step up and have our impulsive idiot hero Tidus' back it counts. There are far, far worse furry companions I've encountered in my time. Yes you, Poshul... Chu-Chu... You pieces of poo poo.

Tidus is going to go it alone to the Chamber of the Fayth here on out. Let's see what the big forbidden hubadub is all about, shall we?

New Music: Song of Prayer ~ Bahamut

Soooo... umm... Hey Yuna. Hey Ghost Kid. Long time no see. Whatcha up to...?

"A fayth.”

“They are human souls, imprisoned in stone by ancient Yevon rites.”

”Yeah... I saw that ghost kid dude back in Zanarkand... Umm... What's the deal with that?”
*glares*
“You're not gonna tell me, even if you know, right?”
*grunts*
“I'll just stop.”

After a bit of awkward hovering in place, Ghost Kid proceeds to fly straight into Yuna's tits. Look... Being some sort of imprisoned soul conduit for magic creatures gets kind of lonely. Don't judge.

The shock of having Ghost Kid pull an E.Honda flying headbutt on her breasts knocks Yuna right out. She's had a rough day all around.

In any case, Yuna is safe...ish. And thus Auron has once more completely lost interest and is out.

Tidus is just going to assume Yuna is done having weird alone time with Ghost Kid and is going to carry her on out to use the nearest save point and recover. That's how this sorta thing works, right?

”Hey, it's fine guys. Yuna is safe. There's nothing to wo—“

New Music: Darkness

“...Oh.”
“...”
“I umm... see you guys are busy. I'm gonna... I'm just gonna go...”
*grunts* “The door closed.”
“...”
“...Dang.”

“You are to stand trial."
"Eheh. I expect it will be a fair trial."
*snort* “Pffftt... You always did have a good sense of humor in your... own way.”
*glares*
“Oh... You were being serious...? Oh boy... Ahaha! That's rich.”

“Haha.”

Yeah. This guy seems legit. That's not a Babyface that would lie to you.

But we'll get back to that business later. In the meantime, Yuna has received a new aeon from Bevelle Temple: Bahamut. A series regular ever since the very first game.

Wiki Etymology posted:

Bahamut originated as an enormous whale in ancient pre-Islamic Arabian mythology. Upon Bahamut's back stands a bull with four thousand eyes, ears, noses, mouths, tongues and feet called Kujuta (also spelled "Kuyutha"). Between each of these is a distance of a 500-year journey. On the back of Kujuta is a mountain of ruby. Atop this mountain is an angel who carries six hells, earth, and seven heavens on its shoulders. Another version of the Arabic story is that Bahamut is indeed a dragon and he stands on a whale called Liwash.

In modern times, the game Dungeons & Dragons is responsible for re-imagining Bahamut as the king of dragons, a benevolent Platinum Dragon; the opposite of the malevolent Tiamat, the five-headed Chromatic Queen of Dragons.

TLDR: It's a big gently caress-off dragon they ripped off from Dungeons and Dragons since Final Fantasy began is pretty much a Japanese bootleg of D&D. Anyway, we're going to give the aeon a new title as it enters Yuna's Pokedex.

----- AEON RENAMING: BAHAMUT -----

Let's review the boundaries for naming our new summon...
  • We’ve only got EIGHT spaces to work with here. So no names over eight spaces!
  • Suggestions must be BOLDED to make my life easier. If you don't bold it, I'm not going to acknowledge it.
  • No naming it dongs or any variations thereof. This is a family friendly LP except for all the times it is not.
  • No using other summons' names. From this game or previous titles. That's just confusing.
  • Let's avoid the obvious Drakengard dragon names, eh?

Whatever consensus the thread comes to or whatever I think is the funniest will become Bahamut's new slave name loving title.

Video: Episode 75 Cutscene

Bevelle Chamber of the Fayth Concept Art

Bahamut Fayth Concept Art

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 16, 2015

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
GhostKid seems appropriate given that you just reminded us of the horror that is Poshul.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Clearly there is only one name for the mightiest of dragons.

ZOAH!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Huh. I'd forgotten about Kimahri actually being pretty cool here. It's a pity he's such a poor combatant.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Not gonna go for a Yugioh joke with the giant fuckoff dragon? For shame.

BlueEyes fits, barely.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Thinking of a dumb goofy dragon reminded me of that one Disney movie so I'll suggest Elliot.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Kimahri is a cool cat.

Let's keep it simple. Mr Dragon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Dark Id posted:

Yeah. This guy seems legit. That's not a Babyface that would lie to you.

Man, this guy might enjoy being evil more than Seymour.

I suppose we should get some appropriate music for the upcoming trial.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 16, 2015

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alkydere posted:

Not gonna go for a Yugioh joke with the giant fuckoff dragon? For shame.

BlueEyes fits, barely.

Seconded.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks Obahama

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Let's call our new summon Mikhail in memory of the last dragon companion we had.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He has no reason to lie about the trial being fair, after all. The crew did kinda stage a direct assault on the Church in broad daylight sooooo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Let's call our new summon Mikhail in memory of the last dragon companion we had.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Steve the Dragon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pureauthor posted:

He has no reason to lie about the trial being fair, after all. The crew did kinda stage a direct assault on the Church in broad daylight sooooo

The thing you need to understand about the Yevonite leaders is that they don't need to do any of the things they do. They just do them anyway because :moreevil:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
EDIT: Man, gently caress, really?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Draggy

The rules say to avoid Drakengard names, but they don't say anything about references to other LPs :smuggo:

Bale Fire
Oct 22, 2012
I'd like to second GhostKid.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Huh. I'd forgotten about Kimahri actually being pretty cool here. It's a pity he's such a poor combatant.

Forgetting about Khimari is pretty normal.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

GhostKid seems appropriate given that you just reminded us of the horror that is Poshul.

GhostKid is a great name.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
As Bevelle is a coastal town let's call our magic dragon Puff :420::snoop::420:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DARGON, king of the lizerd guys

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
edit: Removed due to lack of reading comprehension.

berryjon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 16, 2015

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Probably a long shot, but I'm bringing in Ryu, because I've been playing some Breath of Fire games lately and I want more people to show the series some love.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
You guys just completely missed the "no Drakengard names" rule, didn't you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What dragon are you guys talking about? I see a mythological whale that shall be known as MobyDick

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

You guys just completely missed the "no Drakengard names" rule, didn't you

In the immortal words of Lionel Hutz, Id obviously made a typo. He meant "No, Drakengard!"

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

The Dark Id posted:

----- AEON RENAMING: BAHAMUT -----

Let's review the boundaries for naming our new summon...
  • Let's avoid the obvious Drakengard dragon names, eh?

berryjon posted:

Legna? I mean, this dude is pretty dark-scaled.

AradoBalanga posted:

...really, y'all?

Let's name this dragon Kimahri because Kimahri is pretty cool and lifted a door for Tidus.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
A dragon we summon to do our bidding?

Not much comes to mind other than ODAHVIING.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I confess to missing the "no Drakengard names" rule completely. :negative:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
D.D. will sniff out all enemies, treasures, and objectives before you even leave your car.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

kalonZombie posted:

Steve the Dragon.

I'll second Steve, because why not?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I second the vote for Draggy because I find it the funniest and it's not REALLY a Drakenname

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm gonna go with Mike.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
BABAR, King of the ElephantsDragons!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
BlueEyes seems like a fitting yet ridiculous enough name, since the Drakengard names are out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile
Fang Hellgod won't fit, so let's go with Strife in honor of Smash Bros.'s new DLC.

• Locked thread