Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On the plus side, the Dark Valefor post-battle scene has that old lady yelling "Stay away from the summoner!" again.

The Dark Id posted:

Also that previous update had an easter egg I don't think anyone found. :v:

We all know Kimahri's a voyeur. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

:eyepop:

Whyyyyy

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The endless plains line describing the Calm Lands was always a little weird to me, since the area in front of you is surrounded by the weird jigsaw mesa outcroppings. I tend to imagine plains like a drive trough the middle of Kansas and Nebraska: big, flat, and maybe you'll see a few trees now and again. Granted, that would be visually boring, so I get the reason why it's not that, but all the same.

The Dark Id posted:

That made out and boned in a pond full of dead people vapor.

They all just sort of game up after Seymour got waxed for a second time.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Here's a fun thing to think about: Yuna's in love with Tidus now, yet has never once said or heard his name (on screen at least).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah he never introduced himself, since he is a misterious stranger. Being able to name your main character is such a bad decission in a story based game.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

The Dark Id posted:

All I noticed was Tidus' weirdly dislocated eye/socket.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Air is lava! posted:

Yeah he never introduced himself, since he is a misterious stranger. Being able to name your main character is such a bad decission in a story based game.
Nah, being able to name you main character in a voice-acted narrative driven game is bad.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Nah, being able to name you main character in a voice-acted narrative driven game is bad.

Fallout 4 recently experimented with this, with Codsworth your robot butler being able to speak nearly a thousand names you could possibly enter into the game. I...don't think it was quite worth it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yet another unfortunate hold-over from the older games. At least we didn't have the situation where you name every single party member.

Though on second thought that sounds funny as hell. Final Fantasy X: The Pronoun Game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Golden Goat posted:

Here's a fun thing to think about : Yuna's in love with Tidus now, yet has never once said or heard his name (on screen at least).

So what does she say in bed? "Sir Jecht's son!"?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Click on the close-up picture of Khimari, if any of you are interested.

e: awkwardly enough, she calls out Seymour's name.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

awkwardly enough, she calls out Seymour's name.

The really awkward part is Tidus does as well.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The really awkward part is Tidus does as well.

With special guest Meat Loaf as Jecht

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Feed me, Seymour!"

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I forgot that Auron was always a drunk. I had figured Jecht being the one to turn him into an alcoholic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I am honestly amazed a lot more of this world isn't consumed in alcoholism.

Maybe stills are a forbidden device or something.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

The Dark Id posted:

What do you...? Ah, there it is.

...Id, you are a thoroughly disturbing individual. :suicide:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kimahri gave a silent cat jerk.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GrizzlyCow posted:

I forgot that Auron was always a drunk. I had figured Jecht being the one to turn him into an alcoholic.

Auron's not a drunk, drunks pass out at 11:15 in the morning because they chugged a fifth of vodka right out of bed.

Auron's a high-functioning alcoholic. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

I found it but it only made me sad.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, Jecht must have sounded like an insane homeless man babbling about how he's from Atlantis and how to get back there when he showed up, huh?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Speedball posted:

Man, Jecht must have sounded like an insane homeless man babbling about how he's from Atlantis and how to get back there when he showed up, huh?

To be fair so did Tidus, whenever he brought that up to someone who wasn't named Yuna or Auron everyone thought he was a crazy person/high on Sin toxins. At least he had enough sense to keep that on the down low until it was obvious there was no way he could have come from Spira.

Jecht strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't really think that through. :v:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

I found it but it only made me sad.

What is it?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To be fair so did Tidus, whenever he brought that up to someone who wasn't named Yuna or Auron everyone thought he was a crazy person/high on Sin toxins. At least he had enough sense to keep that on the down low until it was obvious there was no way he could have come from Spira.

Jecht strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't really think that through. :v:

Tidus was really lucky in that he was found by a bunch of Blitzball players who really really needed more talent so they were willing to ignore his ramblings.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Pureauthor posted:

Tidus was really lucky in that he was found by a bunch of Blitzball players who really really needed more talent so they were willing to ignore his ramblings.

More likely, it was Jecht's idea all along. "Hey, son! I found a team that sucks even more than you do!"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It also helps that Tidus isn't a self-absorbed alcoholic "I'm the best :human being:" jackass, he's just stupid. So his first impressions tend to be a bit more favorable.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It also helps that Tidus isn't a self-absorbed alcoholic "I'm the best :human being:" jackass, he's just stupid. So his first impressions tend to be a bit more favorable.

Honestly, that's just because Tidus couldn't pull it off. No one would buy it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The Calm Lands really live up to their name. The music is very relaxed, it's pretty, very open, and all in all I'd love to just lie in the grass there. Just not in the section where Marlboro's are.

I'd also try to block out the thoughts of the gigantic monster below and the ridiculously powerful monsters held at bay by a feeble man in the east

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Geostomp posted:

I like to think that the reason Auron is so calm now is that being forced to travel with Jecth for so long was so stressful that it completely destroyed his ability to care about anything.

Look, some stuff happened on his first pilgrimage with Jecht and Braska. There were some places he couldn't go back for a while after they'd been, a long while, and there's probably more than one thing he's sworn with them to never ever speak of again.

Long story short, Auron is still hungover from it all.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Don't forget the looks/outfts. Jecht honestly dresses like a hobo while Tidus just looks like a kid who doesn't quite know how to dress himself.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The Calm Lands really live up to their name. The music is very relaxed, it's pretty, very open, and all in all I'd love to just lie in the grass there. Just not in the section where Marlboro's are.

I'd also try to block out the thoughts of the gigantic monster below and the ridiculously powerful monsters held at bay by a feeble man in the east

if FF had any realistic semblance the Calm Lands would be filled with people walking their dogs because that's perfect dog walking land.

edit: The church would probably privatize all that land and turn it into a golf resort though.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Bale Fire
Oct 22, 2012
Tidus has gone all Commander Shepard on us.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Well, stop posting and lock the thread! It has been a while since you've done that.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Bale Fire posted:

Tidus has gone all Commander Shepard on us.

"What can you tell me about High Summoners?"

*shocked gasps*

"...I should go."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
[Right Hook] would solve so many problems. Or cause them. Either way!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Briefly I thought a fantasy game with a sassy Commander Shepard would be fun. Then I remembered Dragon Age 2 exists and :suicide:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nohman posted:

Briefly I thought a fantasy game with a sassy Commander Shepard would be fun. Then I remembered Dragon Age 2 exists and :suicide:

Sassy Hawke was great, everyone else was the problem. :colbert:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Malachite_Dragon posted:

[Right Hook] would solve so many problems. Or cause them. Either way!

Just gonna take this to it's logical, and shitily made, conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I... don't remember who he says this to. Which is weird, because I remember pretty much everything that happens after this point. :stare:

• Locked thread