Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
A tank cannon seems like an incredibly bad weapon to use when you're trying to kidnap someone that's part of the enemy group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Tidus is pretty good at Blitzball and Yevon has proven to be hypocrites flexible to rules when Blitzball is involved.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There is already an FF megathread to ask those sorts of question:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484538

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That Mega Flare is hella awesome, I'll tell you that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

He has no reason to lie about the trial being fair, after all. The crew did kinda stage a direct assault on the Church in broad daylight sooooo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think the events might have played out better if they'd played up Kinoc meeting Auron privately and saying he'd turn a blind eye this once 'for old time's sake,' letting them know about a waterway they can take to get out, and then leaving them to escape on their own. Of course he then gets shanked by Seymour who knew all along and then the boss fight plays out as normal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think one of the latest updates had them talking about implementing 'procedural skies'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To be fair so did Tidus, whenever he brought that up to someone who wasn't named Yuna or Auron everyone thought he was a crazy person/high on Sin toxins. At least he had enough sense to keep that on the down low until it was obvious there was no way he could have come from Spira.

Jecht strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't really think that through. :v:

Tidus was really lucky in that he was found by a bunch of Blitzball players who really really needed more talent so they were willing to ignore his ramblings.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Everything about how they approached developing FFXIV 1.0 can be summed up in the fact that they didn't give you a way to search for an individual item at the bazaar. Have fun scrolling through menu after menu of random crap, kids!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gonna have to agree with Jim.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well maybe if you think of them as autonomous states instead of separate races within a giant country?

I dunno.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if this was Yunalesca's mindset before or after she made Zaon the first Final Aeon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can't hate on Mega Death because it is such a beautiful dick move.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Have fun exploring* the beautiful world of Spira now, TDI.

*hahahahahaaaaa

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They really should have kept the terminology consistent and called him an aeon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Glazius posted:

I wish that summons (okay, fine, Aeons) didn't obsolete each other like that, but I'm struggling to come up with a better way.

You could just balance Aeons the same way you balance party members in FFX: Make 'em awesome at something that no one else can do.

... Except for Kimhari.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People thought this was a good idea.

Actual, real live human people.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Isn't the intention usually [Go fight Final Boss at the end of the storyline with level appropriate party] -> [Oh look, postgame stuff, new shiny weapons and dungeons and minigames] -> [Bonus Boss(es) where everything should be maxed out]?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 11, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Up to this point they were doing really. really well on the 'Sin is an unstoppable unkillable abomination' front.

And then a bunch of schlubs flail around on its back for a few minutes with nothing happening.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Or we could have pulled a Macross 7 and installed giant speakers onto the Farenheit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I liked FFIX's Garland as villain.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I really wish they'd gone out of their way to make Sin look more intimidating and difficult for this segment.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nimsant posted:

Different superpower traits of villains have been mentioned, but to me, no one seems great enough.

I have missed some FFs, and forgotten some endings, but all these villains were beaten by player party, which is usually a small bunch of teenagers.

So, just like Sin here, no FF villain impresses me in terms of power.

In the interests of fairness, the FF9 party never actually beats Kuja. To the very end he is capable of one-shotting the party whenever he feels like it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

More final bosses should name half of their big attacks after themselves, really.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

According to the director of FFXV in a press conference, FFXV needs to sell 10 million copies to succeed.

That's about The Witcher 3 and MGSV combined. :v:

They are out of their minds and I love them for it

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

Hi. Just popping back from the grim dark future of October 2016. Final Fantasy XV is the best Final Fantasy game yet. Final Fantasy XV is the worst Final Fantasy game yet. Also nerds are bitching about its framerate and lamenting the lack of a PC port yet, despite every single PC port by Square-Enix being kind of a shitshow.

To hell with all that - how's FFIX for PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Birthright it is, then! Thanks for the advice... FFX LP Thread...?

Nooooo Conquest blows away Birthright in terms of being a game.

• Locked thread