Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.

Camel Pimp posted:

Okay this scene. This loving scene. I don't really know why people latch onto the laughing scene when they wanna make fun of FFX's writing and story, because this is a way worse. I mean, the laughing scene is dumb, but ultimately fairly inconsequential. This scene? For a scene that's supposed to revealing a very big twist (okay yes it's barely a plot twist but the idea stands) it is unforgivably bad. It doesn't make a lot of sense (guys really maybe should have told Tidus?), mawkishly melodramatic, and dear god the editing and cinematography is atrocious. Why during this very important scene did the camera need to shake the whole time? Why the hell does Tidus run past everyone to smack tit-bird (it makes me laugh every time I see it) Isn't it supposed to be fighting something...? Urgh, such a badly handled scene.

Yeah, the cinematography is rarely good in this game but it is particularly awful here. Also, the scene loses a lot of effect from being so heavily foreshadowed that the player has likely gleaned the supposed bomb drop ("Yunie is gonna die!") well in advance. Honestly, it's a complete trainwreck almost entirely from start to finish and a three minute (?) long one, which I think is why the laughing scene is more memorable: it's a single, iconic moment of cringeworthy cinema. In this, you just wonder when it's going to finally stop having Tidus go bonkers while the camera zooms around like the world's most unstable drone.

I do like that they muted the laughing scene flashback. I think they knew we didn't need to hear that one twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Tidus walking back to the group with a giant smirk on his face. "Hey, Wakka, remember back in Besaid? How you said I shouldn't get any ideas about Yuna and there's no way she'll be coming onto me? WELL."

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Defender X is a purely physical attacking boss, much like the Wendigo. Maybe you recall (I don't blame you if you don't) that the Wendigo is the boss that is fought after the first Seymour battle.

They went Seymour fight -> stupid physical boss two times in a row. At least the Wendigo had a more interesting design.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

God, they beat Kinoc-Seymour in Bevelle, and no one remarks on it. He shows up here, and it's like, oh great Seymour again. No one even off-handedly says, "How are you still here?" When he dies here once again no one says a goddamn thing. Even as they watch him turn into a bunch of pyreflies.

Forget killing Sin once and for all. Tidus and co. should really be concerned with killing Seymour once and for all.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

The only satisfying part about this scene is having Anima absolutely clown Seymour.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Check out how everyone is still in their battle animations, but their weapons are all missing. The amount of effort put into this whole scene is staggering.

It makes Wakka, in particular, look ridiculous as he delivers his "Send him" line.

• Locked thread