Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has there ever been a good X-2 LP because i never really played it and i guess i'd like to see what it was like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Med School posted:

I can't remember what happens here. I'm guessing they blow up the sky city, or it gets blown up some other way. Sky cities man...people just can't have nice things in RPGs.

What happens here is the best drat battle of the whole game is what it is.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every time i think this game might be replayable i remember all the awful puzzles and i become content with seeing an LP.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if the guards realized the mistake they made when the "soon to be executed" started high fiving each other like they were in a summer pool party

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kemix posted:

Oh, and I WOULD like to make a little note here of a thing that you have to backtrack to get. HAVE TO. All the way back at Macalania woods, after you see the cutscene leading up to and after the boss? BACKTRACK ALL THE WAY BACK TO loving BESAID RIGHT THEN AND THERE IF YOU ARE PLAYING THE HD REMAKE/INTERNATIONAL EDITION. If you don't? You can't loving power up Auron to his last Overdrive until you're strong enough to fight a Dark Aeon, Dark Valefor Kazooie in particular. Granted, said fight is the EASIEST of the bonus content...but you'll still be missing it until around the end of the game at least.

if you have enough cash then that won't be an obstacle at all.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

Man, the summons in this game is the coolest. Much more better than FFXII or FFXIII.

they really are. say what you will bout FFX but they made some of the best summon models of the FF series. They're full of personality.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Speedball posted:

This must be the dark side of summoning, since we know that Aeons are granted by people who turn themselves into magic shrine statutes so their spirit can sustain others. Seymour's weaponizing souls.

Bearer of the curse, seek souls. Larger, more powerful souls.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Onmi posted:

Things really come together when you get to Zanarkand. That's one thing the game does well, it ties everything together so it makes sense.

In comparison to the mess it is before Zanarkand :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Onmi posted:

Did they? I know the fans shat all over it.

Spoiler warning. So after the events of FFX-2 when Tidus comes back, he and Yuna go sailing together, they get caught in a storm and lost on an island, where Tidus devolves into horn doggery who only wants to gently caress and Yuna the nagging girlfriend who's cutting him off. Tidus then sees a bunch of spherical objects on the beach they washed up on and kicks one. It was a landmine, he explodes and his decapitated head lands in Yuna's hands. Later, Yuna, grieving over her dead boyfriend, decides to revive him and have sex with him, but it's not really Tidus. Also she utterly hosed up reality and now dead things are coming back to life, including Sin.

In short. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

you're loving with me. no one could write that poo poo

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yuna not understanding why tidus wants to have fun at night is kind cute.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The Calm Lands really live up to their name. The music is very relaxed, it's pretty, very open, and all in all I'd love to just lie in the grass there. Just not in the section where Marlboro's are.

I'd also try to block out the thoughts of the gigantic monster below and the ridiculously powerful monsters held at bay by a feeble man in the east

if FF had any realistic semblance the Calm Lands would be filled with people walking their dogs because that's perfect dog walking land.

edit: The church would probably privatize all that land and turn it into a golf resort though.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

it's...not that bad...

don't provoke the Dark Id.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultrafilter posted:

There's a one-hit kill option against Penance in a normal game, but it involves something we haven't seen yet. The YouTube video ID is 66u2jWdhRzM if you want to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo

Onmi posted:

Well yeah technically everything in the game has a one hit kill.

ironically, there's one enemy that you can't realistically one hit kill.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cashimbo

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So if your dog dies it just keeps chilling beside you until it's sent? Or do dogs only die when YOU die?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yojimbo was what let me beat virtually all superbosses as a kid because i really couldn't be bothered with spending countless hours grinding just for those dumb fights.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

best christmas gift so far

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be honest khimari is someone who doesn't talk too much and minds his own business while silently making sure the person he's protecting does whatever it wants.

he's a legit bodyguard.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Could Quina use blue magic at will? Can't remember, haven't played IX in ages.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just eat all the frogs\kill all the dragons

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've seen people do really silly things when they have a crush but man, being killed three or four times and still coming back to your ex?

Just get over it dude.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the AI not knowing if it has reflect effect on itself is the stupidest godamn thing.

this game is so loving dumb.

still my third favorite tho.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm really drawing blanks about what boss is coming up next that is so traumatic. Anyone mind blackboxing it's name for me?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh right.

It's so bland that you completely forget about it. Now that i googled what's coming up next i remember how i died like 10 times to it.

FFX really takes off the baby gloves at this time. It's kinda cool.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanfy posted:

There's nothing confusing about it, it's just dumb and poorly thought out. Just like everything else in that game that isn't the soundtrack, Triple Triad, Doomtrain and Laguna/Kiros/Ward.

Never forget the reason why FF8 owns so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgoUP4Ch5E

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the best part about this intermission is that there's no save point between this cutscene and...well, what's coming up next, right?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FeyerbrandX posted:

You mean this?

Yeah, pure despair while he's all pumped from the afterglow.

Tidus's element is Axe bodyspray

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the hell was going on with the camera seriously.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

mmm yes, seymour's sympathetic backstory

A tragic story of betrayal and hardship that ends with a sad man holding a Luger in one hand and his dead dog in the other in a bunker in Berlin.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what better way to celebrate imbeded webms?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Remind me what Irvine's reason for hanging around in FF8 after he completely choked and failed to shoot at the target?

i think he's the only one that vaguely remembers them being in a kindergarden

that's pretty much all of Irvine's contribution after the first 40 minutes of the 2nd CD

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really weird how FFIX ended up so good plot wise while sandwiched between these two.

FFX starts to get better now but it's still a mess if i remember correctly.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Fargle posted:

So a long-rear end while back I did a drawing for the original iteration of this thread. But you know, it's been three years, I'd like to think I've grown as an artist since then.

Let's see if we can't do that better eh?

i would like to know more

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

Yep, so for most people it was the dumpy old innkeeper.

Buying the game immediatly.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No one really comments Lulu's voodo dolls and how cool they all look.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yunalesca is really appreciative of Tidus giving her a nice sword rub. Look at the pleasure in her multiple monstrous faces :3:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's nothing more important than revenge.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Onmi posted:

Okay, I don't get Agnes, what is it a reference too?

Seymor's mother in the Simpsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bV4mSYTIVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Democracy won :unsmith:

• Locked thread