Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Finally the random FFX images being retweeted have paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Well she's been in the party from practically the start, Rikku really just 2 or 3 dungeons.

While Kimari and Wakka are there early too, Wakka's beefy so probably wouldn't be healed often. Kimari is... yeah. Auron is equally beefy and only 3 or 4 dungeons ahead of Rikku. Lulu's the one that'd be affected by that affection mechanic the most.

Plus its not like they really have dialogue trees to stack the deck in their favor anyway.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Whoops, for some reason I thought it was a FFXIII reference. Batman is better though

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Let's begin operation NORA:byodood:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Really, a lot of the trouble the gang runs into in the game is because of the people in charge being as difficult as possible because ~reasons~. It's really all about the status quo for them.

The real villain is Neopotism. And Yuna and Tidus are just as bad as anyone else.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

#Bhedlivesmatter

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

poo poo, now whenever the Al Bhed show up I'll be thinking of Fat Albert.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Could Guado be similar to some other overweight synonym? Obsese, chunky, big boned, husky or something?

I mean flabbiness is... close, just the wrong synonym for Monsignor Chubby telling Yonna to strengthen her resolve to beat Torture.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its too bad the article stopped before where we got to.

"The Chubby pampers Chubby Mistresses"

"The Chubby tends to adulterers"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Armitage posted:

Apparently there was a part 2 of this at some point but that appears to be lost to the depths of the internet graveyard, or something.

Thank Yesus Yebon the wayback machine works.

Since that goes to the end of the game, I won't link it. Anyone so inclined can probably do some googlefu to find it.

"The Problem of Chubby is Left to Chubby."

:sigh:

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 11, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Nervous posted:

There's also plan B: Homicide.

I think its actually Hortricide.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Your on Sin? Wow, 14 years after this game came out and I never connected the dots.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

"How do I sword?" is a neutral question that can be more polite if asked as "I was thinking if how I would sword?"

"Is it alright if I murder you" is also neutral. "Is it alright if I end you?" Is polite.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

"30" :stare:

What does it take to get a "0" on the impolite-polite scale?

"gently caress the loving fuckers" comes so close I can't read what it says.

"gently caress" isn't a complete sentence, but it looks like its the closest to 0 possible.

e: "Screw the goddamned cocksuckers" is proposed as an alternate, and labeled as "contentious" I haven't seen "contentious" before.

e2: Its funny how the site can't comprehend the versitility of that word, other alternatives throw the swears out of proper order. "rear end in a top hat the frakking dickheads"

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 17, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Oui dyga dryd pylg nekrd huf!

I know, right? It's strange how so many people can be so wrong about that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

High Summoner Biiiirdmaaaaan once defeated Sin with Butterflies.

Everyone was horribly ashamed of themselves for needing to rely on him for a couple generations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Serenity Dove posted:

I get the impression that that the Al Bhed aren't irreligious as such. However, due to a choice made in regard to which beliefs and teachings they follow they have been essentially excommunicated.

Either some guy named Al nailed a bunch of primers on the Yevonites palace and had grief about there being nothing in the bible saying Ents could be priests and gently caress humans, or the Al Bhed are bizzaro-Amish. Both are equally likely in this screwy world.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Speedball posted:

Oh, please tell me it has boar drifting, hahahahahahaha.

We've already seen Boar Drifting.

Darth Taro will top it.

I don't know how but he will.

6 or so years ago someone saying "boar drifting" would be thrown in an asylum.

I feel that "when pigs fly" may be appropriate here.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't know, it's kind of inevitable when making a curved futuristic hallway.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's probably unintended, but that's pretty cool.

The other weird coincidence, both have baffling slow spinning... blades? That couldn't possibly provide any meaningful thrust besides by magic.

And a paint job that could only be devised by a deranged Easter Bunny.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Are these wonderful streams going to be uploaded too?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't have trouble with evrae, didn't need to use Al Bhed potions either though.

Also, is "Bevelle on the water" mean waterfront, or literally built over the water and flying in Yevons preceps of "don't be a cocky git and do fancy poo poo just to prove you can"?

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 4, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Just recalled, despite the game saying the ship is full of random encounters, I don't remember seeing any at any time through... 4 or 5 playthroughs.

The rate must really be very low.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of the missiles, you actually don't have to use all of them on Evrae, but the rest of the game considers all three salvos used up anyway no matter what.

Well duh, once you turn your back on him he's going to unload them all on that dern varmint!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

I know the rendered version of Cardinal Babyface only shows up for all of three seconds but pfft... Hahaha. It's like instead of a FMV Asian Stunt Double they replaced him with a rendered Cabbage Patch doll.

Cardinal Barrows "Babyface" Burroughs is loving this poo poo too.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Not sure of the source, but someone slapped Seymour's head on The Master's handy cloak from Manos: The Hands of Fate.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That, I suppressed that image.

Now the music is creeping into the dark corner of my mind.

Thanks.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

Because techno-Tron platform rides from hell aren't forbidden, clearly. Only things like airships and blitzball training machines but not the blitzball TV channel.

You are watching the Spiran Cup Finale, "Any other use of this spherecast or any spheres, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the SBL's expressed written consent is prohibited."

Onmi posted:

Wait what's with the horrified screams about this temple it's easy.

Hard no, tedious, yes.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Tidus and (presumably) Rikku are the only ones who have never been to Bevelle. It literally makes no sense if at least Lulu and Wakka don't know about this Cloister.

No one would have a reason to go to be permitted at "Assault-rifle and Muay Thai Robot Wedding Chapel" or the Technodrome.

If country bumpkins would be permitted to see the gigantic city that should be on Sin's shitlist is untouched because of all the cool toys they have while their pitiful little hovel's been smashed for the 4th time this year faith wouldn't hold that idea together.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Neither of their pasts have been touched upon in-depth so far.

I thought Wakka said he was a guardian, but really half assed it since he was still into being the Brett Favre of Blitzball retiring. I don't think it said when he quit though.

..except for the part where Brett Favre was good at one point.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks Obahama

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

You guys just completely missed the "no Drakengard names" rule, didn't you

In the immortal words of Lionel Hutz, Id obviously made a typo. He meant "No, Drakengard!"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Maester Monthly Memo of the month probably had an article staring "Maester Seymor commented Monday of his Father Sunday."

Then a month later in tiny print "Correction, last month a typo was in our main article "Maester Seymor commented Monday of his Father Sunday." Should have been "Maester Seymor committed murder of his Father Sunday." We regret the confusion, and that Maester Kelk Ronso is a pussy and can't read fine print.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

It also puts Mi'ihen into a new context. It was literally just like the Summoners, an attempt to give hope to people that the church knew would fail.

I was kind of thinking about Mi'ihen a few days ago but didn't want to spoil this reveal that Yevon is eeeeevilllll.

So we've got Encyclopedia Maechen wandering around spouting lore if you listen, about how Mi'ihen amassed an army, Yevon freaked, and Mi'hen marched right up the path to... politely disagree. Maechen didn't say he made the trip alone.

I'd expect the Maesters brought him in to negotiate terms, killed him, and just tossed him up on a parapet and turned him into a glorified sock puppet. "Yeah, we're cool now guys, we won! Join the Yevon military and don't look too closely at me ever again."

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

They lose their minds to sidequesting, attempting to get weapons they can't possibly equip but will forego all progress in their pursuit.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Qrr posted:

Some of them are still dodging lightning on the thunder plains, trying to get their ultimate weapon early.

98... 99... *gets hit* GODDAMMIT I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN ARGHHHH!

Alternate Reality Braska died trying to get Yuna a cactaur doll.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So there's been a prison scene in VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII.

I wonder if XI had one.

II through VI too. Dreadnaught, (weird tree thing?), Zot, GIANT MIRROR, and Celes.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Never tried to skip the team in the Via Purifico, since I thought you'd be railroaded into getting them anyway, like in Bikanel. Like Yuna would use her (never before seen and never again mentioned) Boss Telepathy to know she couldn't advance down the hallway without her Guardians.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is probably my favorite Bahamut, unless I'm forgetting one.

It's a cocky son of a bitch, too; if you didn't catch it from the pictures, he does this little move at the end where he folds his arms and glares over his shoulder, it owns.

He totally :colbert:s it up during the battle itself. Fucks given by Auron/Trogdor: ZERO

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

And of course, don't forget the Expert Sphere grid in the HD/International versions, which does away with pretty much all of the lock nodes blocking the way to the start of everyone's respective grid areas. There is literally nothing stopping you from sending Yuna straight into Auron's section right when she first joins you.

Nul-Blaze? What's that? Null-Life? That's more like it. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Well that explains why someone just stops giving even more fucks with how things should work on paper and just begins pushing in even more poo poo in the post game.

• Locked thread