Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Have they released the patch to unbreak the PS4 version of this yet?

I used to follow along with the LP from behind the paywall back in the days. I am super glad it's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And the BGM reset after every battle too, but that's good if it's fixed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The turning circle on that jetski is a thing of beauty.

It's obvious but this game would be so much better if all of TDI's things were actual dialogue. I love TDI Tidus. Actual Tidus, not so much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Most of the international version content was already present when this game came out in the PAL regions, so even to this day, I'm not quite sure what it adds other than Expert grid and Dark Aeons and Penance

I'm spoilering those out of extra caution because although TDI said he's playing the regular version so we won't be seeing them, but we've not got to a point where they could come up yet so better safe than sorry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't think it'd be possible to make Tiddly's hair look worse than it did originally but they managed it on that HD version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who had the better sick jump though?

Auron did his one handed but Kimahri had the better lead in imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a pretty big deciding factor for me too.
TDI's making money for Yoko Taro and Lowtax.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's really nothing that Seymour could offer the story mode in that game when he's competing with the likes of Kefka for screen time.

There's already very little that he can offer for the story of his own game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's a large if.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

^^
It's mentioned that that's the reason for the goggles, yeah.

If Auron were Al Bhed, Spira as a whole would shut up and get over this racism thing.

Hell, the prologue proves that even Sin doesn't gently caress around with Auron too much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cornetto

Also, I think you've got a typo on this word here: "sinereceres"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nora because I don't like Batman, but ice woman who's supposed to be designed sexy having a grand-ma name is funny to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The canon route for FF7 should have been ignoring Yuffie and Vincent entirely.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let me tell you something BROTHER, Ronsomania can't run wild on you unless you're representing the colours of Ronsomania, Red and Yellow BROTHER.

Alternatively, Kimahri catches the idiot disease from a certain someone. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're gonna have to be more specific; There's at least three of the :v:.

The idiot in your ~heart~

(If the idiot in your heart is a red-head, please refer to this)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

XIII-2's ending owns sorry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Four was right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

Elvaan and Elezen because Square Enix is great at naming things. Wikilinks to prove I'm not making that up, those really are the names.

Elezen is an okay name, I think.
The Spanish words for "The camera man idiot party member with lovely abs who does nothing" isn't a good one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Elves were supposed to be loved, they wouldn't be poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Elves weren't poo poo, Morgoth would have thought the World was okay.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Viera don't accidentally cause an apocalypse or anything even truly dangerous. They're assholes, but they're not the worst.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Man, if Tidus and Seymour are fatties, what the hell is Sin?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, digging the enemy sprites there. Wakka's looks a little off to me but I suppose that's fitting in its own way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't know we were on Sin either. This game is kinda bad at times but Solid Sin being able to sneak his chubby rear end under the temple is great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Glazius posted:

Sin is remarkably stealthy for a world destroyer. Though I suppose he was being lulled at the time.

You don't become an alcoholic sports megastar banging broads left and right without knowing a thing or two about subtlety in appropriate situations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yoko Taro is going to come to his house to hand deliver him a new, secret game he's been saving just for when TDI think's he'll be free... if only for a while before NieR 2.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tactless Ogre posted:

This would come from the same writers who thought Tidus so stupid he kicks a bomb thinking it was a blitzball ? That's quite the tall order.

Obligatory posting of TDI's re-enactment: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16969

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Could have sworn I'd saw screenshots during X HD's development where Tidus' face was way different and they made it better for when it came out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kavak posted:

You should be.

Auron would never be bobbing his head to music with this group- maybe back when he was rolling with Jecht and Braska.

I love it, I'd make Auron's movement ever so slight to show that he actually secretly enjoys it but hell if he's actually gonna show it much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NieR 2 is going to get some new info revealed at Paris Game Show on the 29th.
http://gematsu.com/2015/10/nier-new-project-exhibit-paris-games-week-2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tidus is an idiot but he's a justified idiot a fair amount of the time.

Paused posted:

coming to London, and preemptively giving them the basics on using the Underground
gently caress the underground, I will never understand that thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

I'll try to have an update later today or early tomorrow. The desert is a fairly vast area with several points of interest spread between 20 minute stretches of gently caress-all and random battles and I'd like to get through wandering it in a single update before some other anomaly eats my time this weekend.

At least you're probably not going to hear Auron say "The enemy sniper..."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to make a JRPG where you play as God and stab 17 year olds.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes, except your giant animals will naturally be robots that look like Gackt.

(The twist is that you are secretly a 17 year old too)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For no valid reason, I always saw the FF11 and 14 styled cactuar as sort of spin-off species that my brain associates with Sabotander, the Japanese name.

They are called that quite often in that game, but there's no reason for me thinking they are different.

The traditional cactuar pet in 14 is one of the better minions you can get though. (Ultros is best)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xenogears is one of my favourite games despite Disk 2 so I'm happy to hear that.

Happy birthday, world's biggest rear end in a top hat Citan Uzuki.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you've never played FFX, one of the things about "Ajanouha ihtan!" is that it ends up sounding like "I'm annoying, huh!" "I'm annoying, huh!".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even increasing the frequency to once every 5 to 10 seconds would go a long way to making it bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think I meant reducing on that post.
Increasing the timer, reducing the frequency.

• Locked thread