Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Vanilla, since she is made of ice (ice baby).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I look forward to a whole game of this

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a ghost man. Um, maybe he was just a dragon.

But he was still TROGDOR

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
At least the game becomes good again after this dungeon, since the boss soon after this is pretty great to my ten year recollection.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So if the bone zone is in the part of the game with Tidus narrating, maybe the whole Zero-G underwater makeout thing was just him making up ad hoc nonsensical metaphors about it to the party :v:

e: I imagine the whole time Yuna's face is beet-red, her head completely buried in her hands. She knows that's not how it went down but she's too embarrassed to correct him or make eye contact. Suddenly the death of a High Summoner has a certain appeal.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 2, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Click on the close-up picture of Khimari, if any of you are interested.

e: awkwardly enough, she calls out Seymour's name.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Falconier111 posted:

:350:

Also seconding PayToWin

The clear winner. Hell, he even gives you loyalty points, if I remember his mechanics correctly.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

The Dark Id posted:

Man gently caress Clock Tower 3. Even if it is a better alternative than watching It's a Wonderful Life. :v:

Man, sometimes I am okay with my broken brain if it lets me enjoy It's a Wonderful Life more than Clock Tower 3. :v:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Holy moley, the bosses are so forgettable in this part that I completely forgot about this boss and thought people were referring to the other forgettable boss before That Motherfucker, which everyone else seems to have forgotten. :psyduck:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
DarkId, please for the love of god do not bother with the monster arena. I know you're dedicated, but that's just insanity. More or less everything else is fair game, but don't suffer through that poo poo on our behalf, please. I imagine the grinding alone takes twenty hours, even as a dorky teenager with too much time on his hands I knew it was bullshit after a few fights.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
GHOSTMOM is the clearly superior choice.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

FeyerbrandX posted:

Hail Ants.

Or... HailAnts

This is the clear solution to our problem.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I actually came up with a system when I was 15 or so: I read somewhere that the area north of the inn just south of a tower had a slightly faster rate of lightning bolts, I muted the tv and I took breaks every 15 minutes or so for a while and just read outside or something, since it was summer.

It must have been good since outside of a fuckup at around 80 I managed to dodge 416 lightning bolts or so. Kind of wish they had a counter now that I think about it. :v:

e: oh, and a fairly minor correction: magic booster makes Lulu's spells do 2 mp, but they're twice as powerful. Needless to say, finally getting Flare was pretty fun for a while.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 12, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
It's been ten years since I played this game, but I feel your pain. Young me on summer break found Chocobo racing kind of fun, he used breaks for lightning dodging and he brought a book for blitzball and abused the Jecht shot and behind the goal glitch. But the butterfly minigame? I loving hated that poo poo.

On the plus side you're now halfway through the bullshit celestial weapons, after that it's just the tedious ones! :suicide: At least they're super good, it would suck to do all this for weapons that weren't worth it.

e: \/\/It's bullshit if like young me you kept resetting it for the sigil and after a while of not getting it thought that"underdog's secret" was code for it, that was rough. I'm still not happy that a) Wakka's good overdrives are behind it and b) you need to get them to get the Jupiter sigil to pop up. On the plus side, the last bullshit weapon has one of the best chocobo themes playing over it, that probably helped my sanity a ton.

Behind this, of course :v:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 14, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm going to throw my lot in with Ozzie, Slash & Flea. Chrono Trigger was a pretty good game.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
There's also the problem that unless you're roiding out Yuna on Auron's sphere grid path, Aeons have a bad habit of just melting to even moderately tough random encounters until you get Bahamut (and even then only just), and by that point your party has enough options that you can get through or just flee and get enough experience through the one hit pokemon style encounters like dogs or flying dudes.

Seriously, the first four aeons are kind of worthless aside from building up their overdrives as tactical nukes against bosses.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This is bizarrely cathartic, given how much of a pain in the dick I remember these being. So thanks Id, it is appreciated in a "misery loves company" sort of way. Hopefully this endorsement from an anonymous nerd keeps you strong in the several goddamn hour gauntlet that is blitzball :suicide:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

....no, no I did not :stonk:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

This thread is rapidly becoming a nexus for "strangest loving news", isn't it?

You have no idea: there was an interview one of the top MI5 brass gave a Canadian news show called "As it Happens" that was the most goddamn surreal thing I have ever heard. Highlights include

-claiming that it was the result of some bizarre sexual thing (he was naked and in the bathtub)
-backing this up by claiming that he was a total nerd and therefore had all his free time to practice this- the interviewer kept stressing that he had "unlimited time"
-But also he jogged a lot, so he was in good shape and could do this on his own despite third party reporters trying and failing 300 times to replicate this (the guy used the word "supple" to describe him)
-a full poetic waxing of the pastoral English countryside around the top secret MI5 base where he worked
-A complete dismissal of the fact that he was working with top-level highly confidential files

Like, it was something that a good satirist would write as a half-assed coverup to the guy being murdered, it was sublime.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If I were him I'd be doing it in chunks between all this.

Unfortunately you sort of can't: Wakka's overdrives (which are needed to get the Jupiter sigil to appear as a prize so you have to do this poo poo like four times and I seem to remember more) pop up as prizes for tournaments or (god forbid) seasons, which shuffle over time: the fastest way to get it is to reset blitzball data until what you want pops up as a prize, and then get a bunch of team members that start out really strong and steamroll the tournaments, since the other teams will level up and make it even harder otherwise. Basically if you're specifically going for the Jupiter sigil you can't really do it by squeezing in a game now and again, though you can do it piecemeal by only doing one tournament at a time.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I feel compelled to apologize to you as an audience member and a fellow human being: I am sorry that you had to go through all this bullshit.

e: the reels video is a pro-click, by the way.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 4, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Congrats on the (99.9%) completion of a project years in the making, Dark Id! For what it's worth I'm glad you came back to it. :kiddo:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He could always do the Third Birthday! :suicide: Please don't, TDI.

I know nothing about Parasite Eve, except that Third Birthday is often said in the same breath as Metroid Other M. And I do not consider myself that much of a sadist, even if we are talking about a guy who's 100%ed four goddamn Cavia games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they chu" still makes me laugh.

Also the most beloved is probably Resident Evil 4: NieR is one of my favourite games and even then RE4 still has an edge over it, it's just one of those games that you can reasonably state as one of the best of all time.

• Locked thread