Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I really hope so, though I'm not confident.

At any rate I feel like in this particular show it will be fairly self evident if it's an issue, moreso than other Gundams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Too many fights is a legit problem when it forces characterization to take a back seat. Or worse, when the weekly fights get too dang repetitive.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

gently caress your good suits, please buy more not-Zakus. God I am sick of Zakus.

You better not be talking poo poo about the Jahannam. The name Jahannam will live on forever!

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

boom boom boom posted:

You better not be talking poo poo about the Jahannam. The name Jahannam will live on forever!

Jinn Jahannam was a cool guy, Jinn is a pretty decent not-Zaku, Jahannam is incredibly boring.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

We know that Bandai intends to sell a bunch of accessory packs, so at the very least they intend to keep fights fresh.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Well yeah, we already know it's gonna be megamanning parts from defeated opponents.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Did they just mean the weapons? I figured they were going to be incorporating the toy line's universal frame by having the Barbatos steadily tack on parts from defeated bots of the week and end the show looking like some nightmarish min-maxed MMO character.

I guess that would be a pain to animate, though.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

BlitzBlast posted:

Did they just mean the weapons? I figured they were going to be incorporating the toy line's universal frame by having the Barbatos steadily tack on parts from defeated bots of the week and end the show looking like some nightmarish min-maxed MMO character.

I guess that would be a pain to animate, though.

It'd be cool if it did that but I suspect it's more likely that he'll stay pretty stable other than maybe some extra thrusters and weapons after he gets the shoulders that are on the HG. It'd be cool if they committed to megamanning armour parts though beyond the shoulders. Because the shoulders are like the only part that they've shown off so far.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The waist really looks like it's designed to put more armor on at least.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Droyer posted:

The waist really looks like it's designed to put more armor on at least.

It does, but the other Gundam having an exposed torso as well makes me suspect it's intentionally exposed and there to stay.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the unarmored waist should do some sick 180 and 360 spins

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

Too many fights is a legit problem when it forces characterization to take a back seat. Or worse, when the weekly fights get too dang repetitive.

It'd also be a waste of the staff, because they have experience doing cool character drama focused writing.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It'd also be a waste of the staff, because they have experience doing cool character drama focused writing.

Yeah basically.

Far as mecha shows the staff have been involved with go, Aquarion Evol had some decent fights but the character dynamics were the main reason I kept with it. I'm feeling pretty confident that this show will do a solid job on that aspect, if given the opportunity.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Heres a cute lil sketch Gyobu did of one of his designs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bug 'bot is cute

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

bug 'bot is cute

It's a frog, not a bug.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

It's a frog, not a bug.

the ridges on the head read like antennae to me :shrug:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

It probably actually is a communication antenna, as that's the usual explanation for why Gundams have V-fins.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

dogsicle posted:

:goonsay:
Not quite the same thing, but here's a horned frog.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

dogsicle posted:

the unarmored waist should do some sick 180 and 360 spins

rip Victory Gundam fights

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybeflan posted:

:goonsay:
Not quite the same thing, but here's a horned frog.

yeah...i realized the horned toad thing when chumbler posted. they're pretty small, so they look more like what the Gusion has. i like insectoid motifs like w/ Zanscare, so i'm just gonna go with plausible deniability on this one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
G-Reco was 90% insect motifs and it's the same designer so I wouldn't be surprised if insect motifs end up showing through in his G-Tekketsu designs. It would be neat if this time it were all reptiles, though.

e; vv frogs are not reptiles. :downs: So yeah, reptiles and amphibians.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 3, 2015

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

G-Reco was 90% insect motifs and it's the same designer so I wouldn't be surprised if insect motifs end up showing through in his G-Tekketsu designs. It would be neat if this time it were all reptiles, though.

And amphibians.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e; vv frogs are not reptiles. :downs: So yeah, reptiles and amphibians.

Bugs are badass and the Japanese know that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

:yeah:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zanscare banzai!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Nothing about this show has really sold me on it yet but I'm gonna give it a shot. I hope we have a nice time in this new Gundam thread!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hope the new char is a yandere

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Condiv posted:

i hope the new char is a yandere

There appear to be two Chars.

Maybe they can be yandere for each other?

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Hey what's going on with this guys beard.

I can accept that there are cool robots in space future but this dudes beard is nuts. Does he have a bald patch on his chin or did he specifically shave that poo poo. Hey. EHy whats goin on with ya bloody beard mate look at this poo poo

fucjk you buddy

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
It's obvious that is the legendary mo beard.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

first ep was really good, i'm p hyped for it

it's got a real strong armored core vibe

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Seems like Daisuki is having some stability issues, but the episode is a good start to the show. We've got some character relationships right out the gate, some interesting implications in the world and its background, and the Mobile Workers are all freaking adorable. Between the workers, the setting on Mars, and the aesthetic of the suits so far, I kinda have to agree with the comparisons to Armored Core. I'm interested to see where things go, and that's about the best you can hope for with a first episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is anime streaming this in the UK?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Daisuke has the outside US streaming tights including the uk I think, sadly last time I tried their website was garbage.
I wish other streaming sites would die I could just watch everything on CR

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

weird bleep posted:

Hey what's going on with this guys beard.

I can accept that there are cool robots in space future but this dudes beard is nuts. Does he have a bald patch on his chin or did he specifically shave that poo poo. Hey. EHy whats goin on with ya bloody beard mate look at this poo poo

fucjk you buddy

Soulless patch

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

he seems pretty rad, the preview sugggests he's one of the adults that stays behind

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I know it wasn't gonna realistically happen but I wish the Gundam popped out a few episodes into the show

Since I really enjoyed the first episode, and it was directed quite well. So much that the inevitable cliche with the Gundam reveal felt out of place, to me.

Really looking forward to watching more though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I was really hoping to see Mikazuki and not-Guts take down the lead-Graze using just their mobile workers, some insane strategy and a lot of balls. I'm hoping not-Guts (whose name I can't recal off-hand) sticks around for a while too. It's nice having someone on par with our hero in the unit, both as a pilot and as someone with nearly as many injections as he had too - though I do wonder how multiple "whiskers" is supposed to help given that there's only one port in the units by the looks of things.

• Locked thread