Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waltzing Along posted:

Doesn't look like there are any Black Friday deals. But maybe Cyber Monday? Hopefully.

What a bummer. I want to play the TT stuff but I just can't bring myself to pay retail for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BB finally has the new dimensions stuff on sale. 50% off. Finally time to finish the set.

E: $35.17 in CA after GCU and tax. That's for the 3 new fun packs and the 2 team packs. :)

It's all over!

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 12, 2017

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Nice, all I'm missing is Gollum and some Ninjago guys now. I think I can live with that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You can save an extra $1 per item if you choose in store pickup. You have to choose shipping first, then switch it over when the offer shows up in your cart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
$46 for the last wave is a steal. Chose in store pickup but didn't get an additional savings. Oh well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rhyno posted:

$46 for the last wave is a steal. Chose in store pickup but didn't get an additional savings. Oh well.

You need to choose shipping first. Then switch to in store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I tried that. Went back and forth twice and the price didn't change. Maybe a mobile glitch?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dunno. You just choose shipping. Go to the point it tells you you can save $1 each for store pickup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Already bought and paid. Oh well!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Since this is winding down and things are getting discounted, what levels or characters do you guys think were highlights?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

elf help book posted:

Since this is winding down and things are getting discounted, what levels or characters do you guys think were highlights?

Doctor Who and Portal are probably my two favorites overall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
40% off everything Lego Dimensions at TRU in the US!

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Oh poo poo, I just took my last exam tonight. I'm gonna make use of that 40% off now that I don't have class for a month!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Any chance anything new will ever happen w/ dimensions? Or can I assume that that's definitely it and there won't ever be new content?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

elf help book posted:

if you were a fan of it at all, Doctor Who was probably the best-handled property, both in the built-in storyline and in the level pack it got. the doctor was also a genuinely useful character, and had all those extra forms of his previous incarnations (that you cycle through whenever you die, what a cute touch) so it really felt like some love went into that

Adventure Time was probably handled almost as well, with Finn and Jake both being very, very useful characters and the level pack being a good length and a lot of fun. brought in some iconic show moments without overdoing it. i picked up Marceline but haven't actually opened her up yet so i dont know if she's just as useful, but both Finn and Jake get lots of play whenever I'm in the game. the only downside for people big into AT is probably that it mostly pulled from the first season or two of the series? but as a casual fan of the show i dont mind that at all.

on the other hand, the properties that got the worst handling? easily The Simpsons at #1. the level pack is pretty okay, but the story level and the adventure world both suffer from a lack of new voice acting, and even in the recycled voice acting, suffer tremendously for being limited to (i think?) two of the series' VAs total. Bart suffered the worst of this, since he's got ZERO dialogue at all. other characters will talk to him but he's just silent at all times. for the OG sarcastic cartoon kid, having no voicework is just weird. plus he's not that useful. Homer fares a lot better, Krusty's okay (but such a weird pick), but Bart is just ugh

i also think Back to the Future got the short end of the stick, with a really mediocre level pack, characters who are barely useful, and a story level that was more about the ol' west than it was BttF itself. it was a great property to pull in, and i love having the Delorean as a vehicle (and the hoverboard too) but it felt really poorly handled

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Waltzing Along posted:

Any chance anything new will ever happen w/ dimensions? Or can I assume that that's definitely it and there won't ever be new content?

it's over. the dev team has moved on to making more traditional Lego games again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's over. the dev team has moved on to making more traditional Lego games again.

Guess I can unsubscribe from this thread then.

Oh wait..I have an extra green arrow. Anyone want to buy it? I think $20 shipped is fair based on the prices I see on ebay/BL. It's new in the polybag.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Most Year 1 characters suffered from "Can't have TOO many abilities"-syndrome so that you'd be itching to buy more packs. Compare them to Year 2 characters who have abilities out the rear end. A good amount of Year 2 characters, including almost every character in the final wave with the possible exception of Beetlejuice outclass most characters in terms of abilities.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Kelp Plankton posted:

if you were a fan of it at all, Doctor Who was probably the best-handled property, both in the built-in storyline and in the level pack it got. the doctor was also a genuinely useful character, and had all those extra forms of his previous incarnations (that you cycle through whenever you die, what a cute touch) so it really felt like some love went into that

In terms of handling specific franchises, the Portal stuff was pretty high up there as well.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

I might as well ask here, is it a common bug that my game keeps crashing after completing a level (2016 Ghostbusters as well as one of the story levels) or is maybe my console just an rear end in a top hat?

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

Graveyardstick posted:

I might as well ask here, is it a common bug that my game keeps crashing after completing a level (2016 Ghostbusters as well as one of the story levels) or is maybe my console just an rear end in a top hat?

It's really common, unfortunately bugs like that have gotten worse as the year 2 content was released. In my experience it's especially bad in the new story levels like that. Sometimes turning off any red brick cheats before you beat the level helps, but it's really a crapshoot.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

I got it to work! Somehow the key was to remove all figures from the game pad before the cutscene froze. Hooray for weird solutions? :confuoot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dimensions is so goddamned glitchy. And now they'll never fix it!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Graveyardstick posted:

I got it to work! Somehow the key was to remove all figures from the game pad before the cutscene froze. Hooray for weird solutions? :confuoot:

When I had a level-end cutscene constantly freeze up (the first level of 2016 Ghostbusters) I found that disabling all Red Bricks did the trick. Lego Dimensions, one of the few games where having cheats turned on is in fact more nerve-wracking for a player than having them turned off.

I'd be very interested in someone actually going through the game one day and finding out why exactly certain aspects are hosed up and why new glitches kept popping up. Just a big ol' tear-down of what made it tick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Target and Wal-Mart have closed out the remaining stock so if you're missing anything now is the time to buy.

In related Lego game news, this just popped up on FB
https://www.facebook.com/Tron/videos/10155560872268403/

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I don't know if anyone still reading this thread lives in Southern California, but I saw some of the later character packs at the 99 Cent Only store for $2. I didn't go through all of them but I did see Buttercup, Beetlejuice, and Starfire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Walmart had a ton marked down to $2 as well.

And they just announced a LEGO Incredibles game so should this thread just be the LEGO games thread now?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I guess a lot of people didn't know Dimensions development was stopped a good while ago because this tweet actually made a bunch of them realize the experiment had ended:

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/990993867905187840

At least the patches and updates are still available in the various console networks for the foreseeable future as they point out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

gently caress this game. Spent at least $300 on it and my saved game bugged out at 80%. PS4 could no longer recognize it and it started over.

• Locked thread