Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Marvel thing doesn't sound very believable considering DI was killed a week ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want Marvel but I just can't see it happening that soon AND I can't see it happening while DC is still involved

If they get Marvel and DC characters into the same game that will be huge

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kelp Plankton posted:

I want Marvel but I just can't see it happening that soon AND I can't see it happening while DC is still involved

If they get Marvel and DC characters into the same game that will be huge

Disney told Marvel there were to be no more crossovers with DC ever again so I doubt they will ever allow the characters to co-exist. In addition, WB owns Travelers Tales and DC so I don't see DC ever not being involved.

That whole thing just sounds like "MY UNCLE WORKS FOR NINTENDO" bullshit.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Could you imagine how dumb it'd be if Disney let Marvel into Lego Dimensions but still had bullshit stipulations? Like, anytime a Marvel character is on-screen, no DC characters may be allowed to be played. They must be removed from the portal until the Marvel character leaves. DC characters may also not be able to play inside any Marvel-themed levels, and vice-versa.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Could you imagine how dumb it'd be if Disney let Marvel into Lego Dimensions but still had bullshit stipulations? Like, anytime a Marvel character is on-screen, no DC characters may be allowed to be played. They must be removed from the portal until the Marvel character leaves. DC characters may also not be able to play inside any Marvel-themed levels, and vice-versa.

It was speculated last year that if Disney ever let their IP in it would have to be a new stand alone game and yeah, none of the WB properties would work in it.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
The MI in that list earlier is Mission Impossible, by the way. I don't remember there being a Marvel set upcoming, but that's likely next year. There's also two new 'portal packs' that have parts and a character to rebuild the default portal into a franchise theme. I remember Harry Potter being the big one they're pushing. There's some real wacky drat franchises coming.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Portal packs would be pretty cool, parts that let you customize other things you already own IRL would play up the Lego aspect in a fun way

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Maaaaaan now I'm really jonesing to see future DC integration into Dimensions.

I wanna see this whole DI thing to go all the way in brand cross-promotions no matter how bizarre the results end up.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Ninja Turtles seems like a no brainer property for this game, surprised they haven't announced anything

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lego no longer has the TMNT license.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just want to know if Green Arrow and Supergirl are gonna be available to the public or just what their status is in general.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Liar Lyre posted:

I just want to know if Green Arrow and Supergirl are gonna be available to the public or just what their status is in general.

They have gold bases and apparently are packaged on their own without vehicles or whatever.

So... E3 promos maybe? Probably ahead of their actual release later this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kelp Plankton posted:

They have gold bases and apparently are packaged on their own without vehicles or whatever.

So... E3 promos maybe? Probably ahead of their actual release later this year.

Yeah, E3 stuff would be my guess. I hope we can all get them down the line though, gonna need that Ollie.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Oh yeah, I forgot one more franchise that was shown off.

The Goonies. Which uh seems an odd inclusion but I guess Lego knows that nostalgia sells and it's a cheaper test market than making a big set.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aaronicon posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot one more franchise that was shown off.

The Goonies. Which uh seems an odd inclusion but I guess Lego knows that nostalgia sells and it's a cheaper test market than making a big set.

Dude! I understand if you don't want to reveal your sources, but you are killing me with these teases. I hope there is a Chunk and Sloth team pack.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just got the game, been stumbling through it with my girlfriend. I really appreciate that the game lets you take your time to figure stuff out. It's chaotic fun.

As far as Disney stuff coming to LD now, I do not think Marvel/Star Wars is on the horizon. However, this could mean good stuff for properties that never made it to Infinity, like Indiana Jones. That would be so good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just got the game, been stumbling through it with my girlfriend. I really appreciate that the game lets you take your time to figure stuff out. It's chaotic fun.

As far as Disney stuff coming to LD now, I do not think Marvel/Star Wars is on the horizon. However, this could mean good stuff for properties that never made it to Infinity, like Indiana Jones. That would be so good.

Disney owns all three of those properties. I'd be surprised if they let any of their toys play in the sandbox.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
NEWS! (in two days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8LnxVA2kyE

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

2nd teaser went up on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/740312163210776576

That's the Land of Ooo (Adventure Time) and if you look closely, Gizmo from Gremlins is riding on the broom with the Wicked Witch there.

So that's two more things confirmed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's cool I didn't want to save money anyways.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYK_qdz0OmA

i'm not sure what this is teasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEpTYhPXnG0

Sonic basically confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIOK8NbryY

2016 Ghostbusters also basically confirmed

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Most people are speculating the first trailer is hinting at a fourth core character like Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liar Lyre posted:

Most people are speculating the first trailer is hinting at a fourth core character like Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle

Please be Jake from Adventure Time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This popped up on Twitter. Not sure of source.
https://twitter.com/extremegamer/status/740726397719576579

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I am excited by neither of those.

That dude posted Adventure Time and Mission Impossible packs as well.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 9, 2016

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rhyno posted:

I am excited by neither of those.

How bout these?
https://twitter.com/extremegamer/status/740728854231187456

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That 'Story Pack' looks way bigger than just a Level Pack, it's got an entirely new portal build. "Play the complete movie" sounds like a lot longer content-wise than stuff we've gotten so far too.

I wonder why those bases are all gold though. Maybe that's just the Wave 2 distinguisher?

More stuff got posted though:

Adventure Time level pack should be a lot of fun

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im going to have jake drive a car that is also himself

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
See with Ghostbusters 2016 the deal was likely finalized months and months ago, so it's just unfortunate that circumstances now are...not so favorable to the idea of an entire expansion pack based on the movie. I wonder if there's any more story packs besides that one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That Jake Car :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kelp Plankton posted:

im going to have jake drive a car that is also himself

Guaranteed when he jumps in he says "This is weird."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

See with Ghostbusters 2016 the deal was likely finalized months and months ago, so it's just unfortunate that circumstances now are...not so favorable to the idea of an entire expansion pack based on the movie. I wonder if there's any more story packs besides that one.

Adventure Time and Mission Impossible are both traditional level packs so they're still doing those.

If Ghostbusters is the first of those 'Connectable' kits that were in the leak (there were 5 of them) then we're probably going to see a lot of additional full-blown story add-ons like that too. I hope that's the case, because having a bunch of different Portal builds will be cool, though I'm curious how much content those actually come with.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have to eat some crow over that MI set. I was certain it was a bad guess.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/ExtremeGamer/status/740732375252893696

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do we have any time table for when these are dropping? I still have like 54 gold bricks to find.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rhyno posted:

Do we have any time table for when these are dropping? I still have like 54 gold bricks to find.

Probably September, just like last year.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Canon

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Loving the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant.

But I have to be honest, the only property I'm really waiting for is the Harry Potter stuff. That's my nostalgic weakness, right there.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't wait to invest a ton of studs and bricks to unlock KITTs Super Pursuit Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

More news.

-So far the packs are lining up with that list from way back in September. That means the "Story Pack" is not the "Connectable"

-These leaks came from Amazon Mexico.

-From there, we have a description for the Adventure Time team pack and hints at new abilities.

Amazon Mexico posted:

Lumpy Space Princess and Jake the Dog are ready to embark on an adventure in LEGO Dimensions!
Get ready for fun in the Adventure Time Adventure World and Battle Arena with extra-awesome abilities like Slurp Access, Grapple Swing and Shape Shift.
When you need to take off in a hurry, jump into Lumpy Car or have BMO give you a lift.

• Locked thread