Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It's decided then. Team 1 will be "Halcyonic Knights Errant" and Team 2 will be "Halcyonic Knights". :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Maybe Halcyon Knights and Halcyon Crusaders?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah, let's be the Halcyon Crusaders then. I'm voting for that.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 3, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Then we've still got the pun, rad.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sounds good to me. :D

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Update: I'm currently sick as a dog. Will make + post IC threads when I can, might not be this weekend though : (

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Halcyonic Knights IC Thread!

Halcyonic Crusaders IC Thread!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

For establishing initial Team for the Knights.

● If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team.
Nope

● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team.
Think that's a Yes? Fairly sure we're on the same page (beat the badguys and stop them from doing too much damage while showing off a tad) here, if anyone isn't speak up now.

● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team.
Unless All American Girl is going to allege a mind control voting conspiracy, think this is a No.

● If your team is ill-prepared or offbalance, remove a team.
Don't think we trigger this either, but that's up to everyone to agree on obviously. Red Fox was definitely ready at the least :smug: Until I rolled a loving two anyways.

So yeah, think we have 3 team total.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 7, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I spent a shitton of time orchestrating the perfectly dramatic arrival of a spaceship. I'm ready.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Rauri posted:

For establishing initial Team for the Knights.

● If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team.
Nope

● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team.
Think that's a Yes? Fairly sure we're on the same page (beat the badguys and stop them from doing too much damage while showing off a tad) here, if anyone isn't speak up now.

● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team.
Unless All American Girl is going to allege a mind control voting conspiracy, think this is a No.

● If your team is ill-prepared or offbalance, remove a team.
Don't think we trigger this either, but that's up to everyone to agree on obviously. Red Fox was definitely ready at the least :smug: Until I rolled a loving two anyways.

So yeah, think we have 3 team total.

Well, Showstopper was a little conflicted at the start, but he's on board with plan "Beat these ungrateful jerks senseless" now that they started it.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Jolinaxas, that's an Unleash. Also, to confirm this here since not everyone goes to the IRC - you cannot roll to Defend someone who is already Taking a Powerful Blow. You can Defend pre-emptively, for instance if they botch a Directly Engage or something, but once I've said '[x] takes a powerful blow', you cannot Defend that.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Don't forget, you have Softer moves too, so you can say someone's in the line to end up with something happening or forewarn that if someone doesn't do something they're going to get hurt, ect, too!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I think it was premptively to defend All American Girl from hitting the ground.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Pretty much. Defend isn't just for powerful blows, hence why I assumed that I could use Defend, but made provisions in case it ended up being Unleash.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Since it is Unleash and needs the boost, is there a reason you have to make it a selfish one? Lexi's prompt was to help AAG, so her spending a Team to help Synapse seems kind of like it'd make more sense than him doing it solo.

(Sorry about the delay on my posting, got the inlaws over for the weekend. Will get something up asap.)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Sure thing - I just didn't want to assume you'd do so, for obvious reasons.

Also, would like a clarification on what Defend can and can't do, since it seems like its available use here is weaker than what's printed.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey everyone - as you might have noticed, prompts are coming in really slowly, recently. I recently got a summer job in landscaping, and aside from taking up a lot of my days, it leaves me exhausted even on days off - that's why I've been a lot slower with prompting.

I'd hate to be wasting anyone's time+enthusiasm, though, so I'm letting everyone know that as I see it there are two options.

1: Slow, infrequent prompting from me until the end of August.

2: I put one or both games on hiatus until the end of August, and we continue or restart then.

So I put it to the players of each game to decide - let me know which option you prefer, and we can work from there. Cheers!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

1: Slow, infrequent prompting from me until the end of August.

I'm not in any real rush, so whenever you get to in works for me. But, I know landscaping is super draining, so don't feel bad if you think it's a better idea to go on hiatus.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

perfectly fine with 1!

It actually overlaps with my own seminar stuff which leaves me pretty drained too. Not as much as landscaping, but goddamn listening to a person drone on for 8 hours is tiring.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Probably would prefer hiatus to slow if its going to be *real* slow, like weeks+ between prompts. But totally willing to go either way.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Either option works with me, though prefer 1

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Personal pref is for option 1. But whatever works for you man!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Either works. Depends on whatever you're up to doing. I don't have an issue with a wait, personally.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Either is fine with me!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'd prefer the first option if you're able to, but I'd be fine waiting if that's what you need to do.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I gueesss :(

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I can live with either option so go with what works for you.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'd rather pause than post very rarely but we already paused this one once. :(

I'm good with whatever you decide though, landscaping is pretty horrible and I can understand why you're tired.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So it's been a while since I posted here, but I'm just popping in to say this game is on Hiatus. I just can't run games while I have this landscaping job. I either have no time or no energy. I will probably have both in late August/Early September - if that's too long a wait for you and you want to drop out, I totally understand. Sorry about this.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

So it's been a while since I posted here, but I'm just popping in to say this game is on Hiatus. I just can't run games while I have this landscaping job. I either have no time or no energy. I will probably have both in late August/Early September - if that's too long a wait for you and you want to drop out, I totally understand. Sorry about this.

Well, that's a shame, but I'm content to wait. Gotta see what those dragon jerks have to say for themselves.

Looking forward to it starting back up when you get the time again.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Totally understand man. It's really hard trying to think creatively when you're exhausted. I'm happy to wait, and pick this up when you're ready to continue!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Same as Dixie, you do you goonfriend.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So this game isn't back yet, but since the playtest versions of a bunch of new playbooks got released for backers, I thought I might as well ask - when I am free of work, would people like me to just go back to recruitment so they can get a chance to make new characters, whether that's with the new playbooks or the original 10? Or do we just want to pick up right where we left off? I'm open to either, but thought I might as well raise the question for you folks~

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Remaking Showstopper as a Star has some appeal, but I don't want to restart the whole thing.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I've contemplated just making Red Fox into a Bull since she basically is one already, but it's not one of the new books - and all things considered I'd just like to keep the game going.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I'm half tempted to turn Sammi into a Newborn. Given it's mechanical nature, plus her infinite awkwardness.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'd definitely be keeping All American Girl as a Beacon.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I'm fine with picking up where we left off, and I'll still keep Scavenger as a Beacon.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
-Ignore, got ahead of myself.-

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I' m happy with staying as I am. I suppose the new redeemed villain playbook might work but I prefer being a doomed.

• Locked thread