Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

The Beacon posted:

Hero Name: All American Girl
Look:

With a red, white and blue Domino Mask, also ignore the horse.

Abilities: Bow Revolver and trick arrows bullets, Swords

Moves
Suck it, Domitian
When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage.

Won't Let You Down
When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Never give up, never surrender
When you take a powerful blow, use this move instead of the base move. Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 10+, choose another. On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.
- You get an opportunity or opening against your attacker.
- You rally from the hit, and it inspires the team. Add a team to the pool.
- You don't have to mark a condition.

Drives
Choose 4 drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon.

□ Lead the team successfully in battle
□ Kiss someone you probably shouldn't
▣ Punch someone you probably shouldn't
□ Help a teammate when they most need you
□ Take down a threat all on your own
□ Show up an adult hero
□ Pull off a ridiculous stunt
□ Save a teammate's life
□ Get drunk or high with a teammate
□ Drive a fantastical vehicle
□ Get a new costume
□ Get a new hero name
□ Earn the respect of a hero you admire
▣ Make out with a teammate
□ Punch out a teammate
□ Break up with someone
□ Stop a fight with sense and rationality
□ Tell someone your true feelings for them
□ Travel to an incredible place (or time)
□ Reject someone who tells you “you shouldn't be here”

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they're awesome and add 1 Team to the pool. If they tell you how you're awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.

Stats
Freak: -1
Danger: -1
Savior: +2
Superior: +1
Mundane: +2

Relationships
____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
You've got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real hero.

Influence
You are so excited to be here. Give influence over you to three of your teammates.

Backstory
- When did you first put on your costume?
- How did you gain your skills?
- Who, outside of the team, thinks you shouldn't be a superhero?
- Why do you try to be a hero?
- Why do you care about the team?

When our team first came together...
We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

Sure, being an astronaut, or doctor or something is a good job, we need people to be them, but can anyone really say that anything like that is their dream job anymore? After three generations of Superheroes, anyone who doesn't say their dream is to be one is a big, fat liar. "Oooooh, but you don't have any powers, how could you ever be a superhero?" asks everyone, and I told them, just like any real American, hard work and dedication! I'll be a superhero if I have to pull myself up by my own bootstraps, and that's what I did! Before I tried anything I spent plenty of time training with the sword Gramps bought back from WWII and Great Grandpa's (on the other side) old Six Shot from out west, put together my costume and spent ages coming up with a good name -it was right in front of me all along. Anyway, I was just finishing up practice at the shooting range one day when that giant robot smashed half the building in!

I knew what I had to do, I had my costume in my bag naturally, you never know when duty calls after all, so I slipped into the nearest unsmashed room, pulled it on and went out to take it down! That was the first time I wore the costume too! Unless you count the times I tried it on in front of a mirror in my room with the door locked while I worked on it, which I don't. Well, turns out a bunch of other superheroes were on the job! Good thing there were plenty of robots buzzing around to help them take care of -actually I'm not sure I was really a big help in the fight, most of the robots were flying, and I didn't have any special bullets yet, so my normal rounds didn't do much.

I did manage to take several -well... one or two- out with well aimed shots to the cameras though! In the end I was still pretty important, since no one else noticed the very small manufacturer logo of Camelot Tech Corp on all the robots! They're supposed to be in legitimate businesses only, and don't have a robot licence! They're clearly up to no good, and its up to us to stop them! Turns out it was the teams first run together as well, and after I showed up to help they couldn't say no to me joining~ Plus now that I'm on the team we're like best friends, we all have each others back and all that, none of the sports teams I've ever been on have had that feeling. This isn't just my chance to be a hero, its my chance to make friends that'll last a life time, and save each other when poo poo goes down.

Mom and Dad were not happy when they found out, but Gramps always had my back, and since I'm living with him they couldn't stop me either! (Gramps is the best, I'm glad he got custody) The only other one to really give me much trouble about it is my English Teacher, she doesn't know I'm a real, legitimate hero now, but she was always trying to talk me out of it, going on about how much of a natural writer I was, and I could really be someone if I didn't get distracted by useless heroics. Well, she doesn't know what she's talking about, I can be way more of someone saving lives and fighting with real heroes and blowing up GIANT ROBOTS and saving Halycon City from CTC's evil plot! This. Is. Gonna. ROCK!

GodFish fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
A person in Halcyon City
I'll do even better and give you two!

Jefferson Price is pretty much the hottest guy in school, and he even sits next to me in Math. He's also super smart, everyone knows he's going to be the valedictorian, and he's nice, generous with his money and has this intense focus about things he gets into. I bet he'd be a great boyfriend! I just need some way to stand out, maybe if I told him about me being a superhero~

His face is covered in a mask of shadows
Nightwalker is a new Supervillian on the scene. We haven't had any team encounters with him yet, but he's been making minor headlines with his break ins to various high security places, mainly important offices, but occasionally a bank, he's apparently gotten loads of highly valuable information from some big companies, even once from Camelot Industries. The news isn't completely sure what his powers are, but they seem to be shadow based, someone even claimed to see he was flying. Crazy huh? We'll stop him though.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Jessica Jones/All American Girl: How come your gramps has custody, and your parents don't?

Weelllllll... Basically they're both super dedicated to their work and are kind of poo poo parents. They love me, yeah, but they're all way too busy to take much care of me, and Gramps wanted me to get a proper raising in good old American Values. And I wanted to stay with him because he's way more fun than either of them are. I spent most of the time staying with him anyway growing up because they were away on business trips, so it wasn't much of a change for anyone when it became official. They didn't have a reason to object until I started seriously training to become All American Girl, and by then it was too late.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Everyone: What would you say was the greatest moment of your life before joining this team? Why?
I'm a little hesitant to say this is the greatest moment, because... its related to the team thing, which maybe you wanted to avoid? And if I think enough I'll probably come up with something greater. But anyway, I was really drat happy the first time I managed a ricochet shot with three rebounds into the center of a bullseye. Like, wow, can anything really top that? Maybe. Hopefully I'll find out. But wow, I was giddy as hell.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Had you ever met a superhero in real life (like, up close and personal) before you met this team? What did they think of your dreams?

Yeah! I meet Deep Freeze! He's a local hero, but not small time, he's got like crazy ice magic powers. I actually got to see him save someone too, he froze a falling building right before it could crush a couple of civi-people nearby, then went off to keep fighting The Crimson Avenger, and he told me (and a couple people nearby) to help get the people out of there. Afterwards he went around shaking hands, which was nice but I thought he was kind of a jerk, completely full of himself, but he tried to be encouraging I think when I told him about my dream, sort of patted me on the back and told me not to give up. He didn't sound like he thought it was possible without piles of money to buy high tech gear though. I mean we do pretty well, but not that well.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

What would you say you're best at (aside from superheroics, of course), and do you think those will come in handy in your new career?

Best at, best at, hmm. Oh, that's easy actually, video games! I was thinking too hard on that one. That's part of why I wanted to become a hero, aside from the whole, saving people, dream of every child ever deal. Video games are fun, but being a hero? Totally like a video game, except you actually save real lives, and if you gently caress up people die, and you have a whole lot of responsibility and okay its nothing like video games at all forget I mentioned that. But yeah, pretty good at video games. Especially fighting games. At the very least I have good reflexes even without my training, good eye for details too. Which is why I noticed the robots were Camelot Corp, but no one else did. The eye.

AdjectiveNoun posted:

What's the hardest thing about superheroics without powers? Do you think having no powers gives you an advantage compared to those who've always had powers?

Is that a serious question?

Well its either the not having any superpowers part, or uh.... yeah pretty sure its the not having any superpowers part. Like, Red Fox, on our team, has basically hyper versions of what I can do, plus a lot more, all because she was born with it or got bitten by a radioactive robot or something? Anyway, I actually have to train and practice to be any use. I'm not saying the people on my team don't work at it, they totally do -most of them- but its from a whole different level. Its like Privilege. I have to work so much harder to even be close to their starting level.

On the plus side, I've got the ethos, the drive, and the knowledge that I can pull through. No matter what I run up against, I've already become a superhero through sheer effort, so I can do anything. No challenge is going to wear me down, no injury will keep me from struggling on. I've manifested my goddamn destiny and I'll get that sunset to ride off into! All American Girl is here to kick rear end and take names and I'm all out of names to take!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Quixzot is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
She's an alien! A real actually alien holy poo poo how cool is that??? Can anyone in my school say they hang out with an ALIEN? No. No they can't. But I can. Because I'm the best, and she's the best. YEAH! Aliens. You know I'm in the big leagues now with an actual alien. Alien~ (so cool)

You've got to prove yourself to Winddancer before you feel like a real hero.
She's the only one who really feels like she puts as much work into her superheroing as I do. Its coming form the opposite direction, I guess, but in the end she's trying her hardest to be the best superhero and use her powers to help other people, just like me. She just has the edge up of, you know, superpowers. Still, if I can get her to accept me as a hero, I've definitely made it.

You are so excited to be here. Give influence over you to three of your teammates.
Winddancer, Red Fox, Synapse

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
What Yami said sounds good to me.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Two corrections, first I believe the crime syndicate got caught up in the fight based on one of their drug runners blundering in, not them having any direct ties to the robots. Second, people with powers should try to crush All American Girl at video games, but can't because sometimes you can't match pure skill :smug::911::smug::911::smug:

All American Girl's room is basically a super tricked out bedroom/den combo with a comfy bed, desk with computer, mound of beanbag chairs, two couches a giant TV with a pile of consoles she brought from home. A second desk has a sewing machine and small drawing board full of scrapped designs for new costumes. She also added a large walk in closet full of masks, hats and various pieces of her costume with small variations in design to keep it fresh. She picked one located right next to the small shooting range and training room.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 5, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I went back and counted, as of Synapses post, we currently have 11 Team in the pool. This lasts until 'time passes'. Since we've pretty much been doing stuff straight since the end of the fight I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet.

For my Advance, Taking:
Never give up, never surrender
When you take a powerful blow, use this move instead of the base move. Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 10+, choose another. On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.
- You get an opportunity or opening against your attacker.
- You rally from the hit, and it inspires the team. Add a team to the pool.
- You don't have to mark a condition.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 4, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Rauri posted:

Didn't you say you'd start this game back up after the book came out, Nown?

The book came out...

:dance:

:agreed:

Been looking forward to picking :911: All American Girl :911: up again for ages~

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Hypeeeeee

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Updated my sheet!

The Beacon posted:

Hero Name: All American Girl
Look:

With a red, white and blue Domino Mask, also ignore the horse.

Abilities: Bow Revolver and trick arrows bullets, Swords

Moves
Suck it, Domitian
When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Won't Let You Down
When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Drives
Choose 4 drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon.

□ Lead the team successfully in battle
□ Kiss someone dangerous
□ Punch someone you probably shouldn't
□ Help a teammate when they most need you
□ Take down a threat all on your own
□ Outperform an adult hero
□ Pull off a ridiculous stunt
□ Save a teammate's life
□ Get drunk or high with a teammate
□ Drive a fantastical vehicle
□ Get a new costume
□ Get a new hero name
□ Earn the respect of a hero you admire
□ Make out with a teammate
□ Punch out a teammate
□ Break up with someone
□ Stop a fight with calm words
□ Tell someone your true feelings for them
□ Travel to an incredible place (or time)
□ Reject someone who tells you “you shouldn't be here”

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they're awesome and add 1 Team to the pool. If they tell you how you're awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.

Stats
Freak: -1
Danger: -1
Savior: +2
Superior: +1
Mundane: +2

Relationships
____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
You've got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real hero.

Influence

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 17, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Quixzot is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
She's an alien! A real actually alien holy poo poo how cool is that??? Can anyone in my school say they hang out with an ALIEN? No. No they can't. But I can. Because I'm the best, and she's the best. YEAH! Aliens. You know I'm in the big leagues now with an actual alien. Alien~ (so cool)

You've got to prove yourself to Red Fox before you feel like a real hero.
This probably isn't fair, but it always seems like Red Fox is judging me. Maybe it's because she always has her mask on so I can't actually see her expression, but its like... I just get an impression of coldness from her, like she thinks I shouldn't be here because I don't actually have any superpowers. And she basically has superpowered versions of what I can do. So if I can get her to accept me as a hero, then it'll be like having every recognize me as a hero.

Viscosity, Red Fox, Synapse

Team Leader
All American Girl, obviously.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 30, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Since no one else said it, I'm assuming we're sticking with the Halcyonic Knights.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I think it was premptively to defend All American Girl from hitting the ground.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Either is fine with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'd definitely be keeping All American Girl as a Beacon.

• Locked thread