Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

FactsAreUseless posted:

A lot of horror is about inevitability, or forces much greater than you, or inescapable doom: Lovecraft, Friday the 13th, etc. What's the best way to emulate horror in an RPG without taking all agency away from the players?

Countblanc posted:

Toronto, Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

"Why does this fedora have a hole in it?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Well poo poo, that's an awful way to start a page.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

How was Nocturne? I never got the chance to play it when it was A Thing.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

01011001 posted:

Play it, it's still A Thing.

The only mainline SMTs I've played were Strange Journey and IV. What's different about Nocturne?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Xenology and the Horror Recognition Guide are both "in-character" books about the monsters and aliens of their settings. They also both own bones, although your going to have to do since legwork to find either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I could have sworn there was a long period it was print only, but I'm delighted to be wrong. HRG is probably the best book White Wolf has ever produced.

• Locked thread