Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is everyone doing for Halloween? Do you have a spooky costume planned? Will you be doing some spooky Halloween horror gaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would say that I Dread this thread, but then it might all come crashing down!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A lot of horror is about inevitability, or forces much greater than you, or inescapable doom: Lovecraft, Friday the 13th, etc. What's the best way to emulate horror in an RPG without taking all agency away from the players?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

my costume will be "slutty grieving mother"

she is grieving because your terrible posts have broken her heart, leaving only a hollow shell

she is also slutty

basically i'm going to be sobbing over a tablet with this thread open and cradling it and whispering shh, no, sweetling, it's alright, someday your posts will bring me joy even though i don't believe it and the dearth of faith or hope or /anything/ comes out in my hollowdesperate voice

i'm also going to be p. slutty
Well then I guess I'll have to go as all three of the Billygoats Gruff so that I can cross your bridge.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love horse racing RPG Run Equest.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

New Halloween avatar!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Effectronica posted:

You're going to be waiting a long time for me to die, I'm afraid. I'd suggest taking up another hobby in the interim.
No, we can just cast Reflect on you so you can't heal yourself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What about Drain/Blood sword
Ashura doesn't get those.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pfox posted:

I (like erryone else under the sun), am in the process of creating a game system. What's the best way to seek feedback? Can I just post a thread here?
#badwrongfun on synIRC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

good morning tradgames, what's your hopes for this week regarding gaming :shittydog:
I'm going to play more Splatoon with my girlfriend. She's good at it, which is impressive for a Japanese body pillow.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's his serial number?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Same as your mother.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arivia posted:

I should have guessed you were a fan of HYBRID.
The popular Hero Yeoman Bard Royal Immortal Demiurge D&D module.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

Some people like to think FFVI is 'edgy' for destroying the world halfway through the game. Nocturne blows it up right at the very beginning and lets you pick up the pieces as you will. It's also known for not pulling any of its punches. If you are bad at the game, the game will let you know very quickly. However, it will pull a few cheap shots on occasion.

I need some more ideas for a sexy/slutty trad games related costume. I was thinking sexy Gary Gygax complete with dangling dice bags and random sexy tables, but then I realized that I would be spitting in the eye of FATAL and it might blink.
Nobody has ever described FFVI as "edgy."

Also sexy Illithid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think we should replace the November and December chat threads with a single Christmas Chat Thread. In fact, we can start it midway through October.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"It's basic human decency," he says, doing irreversible damage to a scavenger-based ecosystem.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Villager: Displacer beasts are attacking the town! But why? They're scavengers... they must be starving!

So-called "hero:" I'll solve your problem... for a price. Heh heh.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite part of late antiquity is the Undersea Palace.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mi casa es Enhasa.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm NPR's David Greene.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I still don't know what is to grok a cheese and coin grog.
Very carefully!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neeeeew thread!

• Locked thread