Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I reject American cultural Imperialism OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm too smart to pay for streaming.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You can play the game and avoid giving the bad internet guy money if you think piratical theft is a lesser evil.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

Fair enough. I do agree that Zac S is a lovely person, and not considering a product based on a person's behavior is perfectly valid. (I feel the same whenever people tell me about Ender's Game, knowing what I do about Orson Scott Card)

I dunno, there's definitely a conflict for me, because I was impressed enough by ARaPL that I was willing to give my feelings about its author a pass, which is something I don't do often. The artwork and aesthetic are a rare treat in this day and age where most RPG art is just the same overpainted Photoshop fantasy stuff that you see on M:tG cards.

Conscious consumption is a lie considering that anyone posting here is using an electronic device whose creation involved the brutal exploitation under subhuman conditions of african and southeast-asian laborers in order to reduce costs and increase profit rates of CEOs because that's how Capital works hahaha!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

I'm predicting that, five years from now, a company in Portland will offer a free-trade, artisanal smartphone that costs 3 times as much as your typical iPhone.

The trick is that the while the assembly is made in Portland the parts are still made with congolese Coltan

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dream Beaver

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mother of God. A fedora joke. Hold on to your neckbeards, everyone, Grassy Gnoll is on fire tonight!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, we can just cast Reflect on you so you can't heal yourself.

What about Drain/Blood sword

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ashura doesn't get those.

I know. That's SMT Shiva.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

It's actually Atavaka, using the SMT II sprite.

EDIT: Here's the Nocturne model:

That guy was a real fucker when I was playing Raidou Kuzonoha.

Effectronica posted:

It's one of the best CRPGs of all time, and people should play it.

This. Also the new SMT4 sequel will kick rear end too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Atlus announced one earlier

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pfox posted:

I (like erryone else under the sun), am in the process of creating a game system. What's the best way to seek feedback? Can I just post a thread here?

Feedback usually ruins games because it puts your creativity under the rule of people who are definitely stupider than you and know poo poo about your vision.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to play more Splatoon with my girlfriend. She's good at it, which is impressive for a Japanese body pillow.

What's his serial number?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same as your mother.

This doesn't make any sense. A human being cannot be birthed by a body pillow. Away!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*Flashback to when Plutonis was born, already an adult with a Korn shirt and keyboard in hand after Hephaestus strikes a Makinami Mari Illustrious daki with his hammer*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nobody has ever described FFVI as "edgy."

Also sexy Illithid.

Girls PM me any pictures you have of yourselves cosplaying as Mindflayer from Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why the hell should I empathize with imaginary animals that eat people in first place?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I stopped reading Cape trash from murricans since three years ago and it was the best decision I've ever had. Go read Franco-Belgian, Japanese or Southamerican comics yall

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe I've just been playing waaay too much Crusader Kings 2 lately, but are there any RPGs focused playing a Ruler and/or his closest aides/councilors? Not really looking for suggestions in the sense I actually want to run something, just curiosity.

Isn't Reign somewhat like that? I know very little of it, tbh.

King Arthur Pendragon is perfect for it, even more so if you use the Manor/Estate supplements.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Of course.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I joined a Pendragon Great Campaign that was going for a year a few weeks ago and they are still almost at half of the timeline. Hell yeah!

e: Also my character got eaten by a Drake during a hunt last session and I'm now playing as his cousin, who got from the GM a high score on Hatred: Dragons.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*kisses fingertips* Oui, c'est magnifique!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Maul: The Dark Age on the arcade and 64 was badass

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

Now see here son and let me tell you about Kingdom Death.

The game is bad and you shouldn't play it

It's good actually;

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Anniversary posted:

You sure changed my mind!

That's fine, because it's a good game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The trend of "don't engage in the game's mechanics, this is roleplaying, get outta here!" that I keep seeing is leading me dangerously close to using the phrase "magical tea party"

That's what it is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GEExCEE posted:

My real life tabletop group fell apart a while ago and I'm looking to start a pbp game. I've played and enjoyed burning wheel and dungeon world in the past, but they've been tough games to run on a forum. Does anyone have suggestions for a system that works well in this format?

Play on Skype/Roll20/IRC

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Unrelated but I had a dream tonight where I saw FAUs IRL appearance and he looked like a white version of Jamiroquai.

Edit: Jamiroquai is actually white as well.
Edit 2: His name is not Jamiroquai, that's the band's name.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm NPR's David Greene.

He does look like Jamiroquai.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Oh god this.
I did a reimagining of vampires back in 2002-3. Wanting to get away from sexy vamps and really make them monsters again.

I wrote up a bunch of stuff, even used them as surprise elements in a few games I ran (creeped the gently caress out of the players-in a good way), always intended to do something with them if I ever wrote something that needed really hosed up vampires.

Fast forward to last year and a little tv show called The Strain came out...

:smithicide:

Stephen King did it first too dogg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

He did vampires who were a hive-mind of supernatural worms that altered their human hosts into shambling vehicles made of meat?

What book was that?

Stargate SG-1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Goddamn. You are right.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They should have kept the touhou fanart instead ofn hat crap.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

Brand Retain.

When loving the product goes too far.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Naming NPCs after antidepressants is something I'd only expect to see here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Shitlord"

"Goon Enemy"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

making fun of nerd cliches is so boring that its painful

Revenge of the Nerds was a cool rear end movie series. I lolled really hard at the Coral Essex scene and Booger doing an epic belch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plague of Hats posted:

To be clear, most of the art is adequate or even good, which people will stridently remind you of if you complain that your $$$ deluxe industry revolution contains art you would find unacceptable on a Shadow World cover in 1992. It's pretty amazing that the much ballyhooed end of the per month release race and an extra year of development still resulted in a "gently caress, ship it" for that masterpiece.

Are you still butthurt that they fired you dogg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Getting this bilious against the former company you worked before quitting makes me wonder if Holden grabbed his rear end during work or something. Lol, food for thought...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread