Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I have a conundrum. Octoberfest with my family and one of my favorite cars shows with my best buddy are on the same day. I dont know what to do :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I started october with a five hour twin turbo subaru engine swap

I didn't even know it was october 1st today and this is the month my birthday is in

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Fart Pipe posted:

I have a conundrum. Octoberfest with my family and one of my favorite cars shows with my best buddy are on the same day. I dont know what to do :ohdear:

Octoberfest is a cultural institution in my family and you'd pretty much be ostracized if you skipped it. Nothing better than getting shitfaced at 1pm on a Friday while eating some schnitzel.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
My October checklist:
  • Find a job
  • Find an apartment
  • Finish my project cars before snow falls
  • Finalize a plan to go back to school
  • Keep myself from breaking down completely

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 1, 2015

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
October is great, so far in the process of switching cars around in the garage I managed to drop my glasses, run them over, and then drive to work wearing my sunglasses only then to realize I don't have my glasses.

The glasses are fine, though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Octoberfest is a cultural institution in my family and you'd pretty much be ostracized if you skipped it. Nothing better than getting shitfaced at 1pm on a Friday while eating some schnitzel.

Yea its a tradition for ours too but so is the car show me and my friend go to so I dont know what to do. Also we start at 10am on Saturday for the Octoberfest we go to, by 1pm Im shitfaced with a big sausage in my mouth.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Have you guys ever listened to Circle Takes The Square? I haven't listened to As The Roots Undo in forever and I forgot how good it was

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Also we start at 10am on Saturday for the Octoberfest we go to, by 1pm Im shitfaced with a big sausage in my mouth.

text me

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I said big sausage

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Fart Pipe posted:

I said big sausage

:vince:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

I said big sausage

:vince::supaburn:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Fart Pipe posted:

I said big sausage

Oh, so CSB is finally coming to the east coast?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
October owns, it's time to make a gallon of hard cider per week.

5-6 bucks a gallon plus a bit of lager yeast and the all I have to do is wait 3 to 4 weeks

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I don't really have any goals for October other than to have fun.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My brother found out that i run 6 minute miles and wants me to run a night time 5k at the end of october

but i'm sooooo lazyyyyyyy :(

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Every time I decide to try running I take my dog with me and after 30 seconds he decides "gently caress this" and comes to a complete halt. I've gotta get that motherfucker in line so he'll start running with me :argh:

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

October owns, it's time to make a gallon of hard cider per week.

5-6 bucks a gallon plus a bit of lager yeast and the all I have to do is wait 3 to 4 weeks
Cider owns.

My friend and I juiced apples from his yard last week. Added 3kg of sugar to get the abv up to around 8%.

Edit: also cider related the first batch we made didn't turn out that great but it did introduce me to 'rhino farts'

Timmy Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 1, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hope you jerks on the east coast are getting ready for this hurricane, it's not looking good.....

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Contractors are coming to tear up my house on Saturday (hopefully) Herding cats into two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs sounds like a hilariously awful time for two weeks :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Every time I decide to try running I take my dog with me and after 30 seconds he decides "gently caress this" and comes to a complete halt. I've gotta get that motherfucker in line so he'll start running with me :argh:

my dog will run full speed for the first mile but then he burns himself out because he's pulling as god intended all huskies to do

so then the next four miles are him trying to keep up and panting and then me stopping at Starbucks to get him some water and people rubbing his belly :3:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Tusen Takk posted:

my dog will run full speed for the first mile but then he burns himself out because he's pulling as god intended all huskies to do

so then the next four miles are him trying to keep up and panting and then me stopping at Starbucks to get him some water and people rubbing his belly :3:

My dog is some lovely mutt shitzu poodle breed (there's a whole story to how I ended up with him) that has some hella hosed up front legs that are the dog equivilant to a slammed V Dub's front end alignment. So he's never going to be a world beater but I just wish he'd be willing to do at least a mile. Also he absolutely hates strangers so no belly rubs for him :(

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
The one time I used it Dartcharge have hosed up and issued me a penalty notice despite taking the payment from my credit card. I never got a confirmation email so I'm hoping I saved a copy of the confirmation page somewhere. :argh:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Working out of a kitchen is dangerous. My entire lunch maaaaay have been handfulls of kalamatas.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Woop woop finally we get another hurricane.

It's always fun watching everyone freak out and buy up the grocery stores because of a bunch of rain. Bitch-made hurricane won't even be a Cat 2 by the time it gets to VA Beach.

Anyone remember when our weather outlet wasn't influenced by ratings and sensationalism?

edit: good ol' noaa.gov sets poo poo straight

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 1, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone remember when our weather outlet wasn't influenced by ratings and sensationalism?

I will forever associate smooth jazz with the local weather radar loop. RIP weather channels usefulness.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I just dropped £600 at Travis Perkins because the other yards were dicking me around, that should be nearly everything I need for monster garage shelves, workbench and garden fence. That should put the garage in order and make working in there possible, then I can build a gate and the yard is completely closed off. What then? Toylander I think.

I'm in financial shock. New sofa arrives at the same time. :suicide:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

I just dropped £600 at Travis Perkins because the other yards were dicking me around, that should be nearly everything I need for monster garage shelves, workbench and garden fence. That should put the garage in order and make working in there possible, then I can build a gate and the yard is completely closed off. What then? Toylander I think.

I need some plywood sheets for my deadlifting platform, gonna put a powercage in the garage and get buff as gently caress. Need some tool storage too, where should I be looking? Tool boxes etc??

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
CHUMP at Road America coming up. Yeeehaaw!
Whoever talked to me about the MR2 being a Fiero the last time.
It finally dawned on me you were a goon.
#378 Low Farm Racing

gently caress these 60 hour work weeks, but drat do they pay well.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

October is boat month!

I start sailing in two days, and I should also finish my wooden ship model this month. Not very AI, I know.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Great Beer posted:

I will forever associate smooth jazz with the local weather radar loop. RIP weather channels usefulness.

Scuttlebutt is that W/C is going back to a more traditional format because they're splitting the divisions up. Source: I freelance in production and know people in regular rotation on crew there.

The Locator posted:

October is boat month!

I start sailing in two days, and I should also finish my wooden ship model this month. Not very AI, I know.

I don't know what its like in AZ but October is when sailing really starts getting fun. Wind speeds start averaging above calm, again, thank satan.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SuperDucky posted:

I don't know what its like in AZ but October is when sailing really starts getting fun. Wind speeds start averaging above calm, again, thank satan.

Still overly warm this coming Saturday, with a high of 95, but the forecast is for breezy, yay!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

leica posted:

Hope you jerks on the east coast are getting ready for this hurricane, it's not looking good.....

Is there a post apoc story where the world isnt dust and sun but instead water and mud.

Waterworld doesnt count since no cars.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I've got pugs. There's no way I'm taking them running with me.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

I need some plywood sheets for my deadlifting platform, gonna put a powercage in the garage and get buff as gently caress. Need some tool storage too, where should I be looking? Tool boxes etc??

Aldi a month or two ago had tool cabinets at £140 I think, local one to me has their last one reduced to £50. If you can find one of those go for it. Otherwise the halfords offer comes and goes, 7 drawer chest and 5 drawer cabinet for £250. If you can afford it I'd always recommend a chest and cabinet over tool boxes, I don't regret mine for a moment.

Not the same box as mine but still a good deal:http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1&storeId=10001

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 1, 2015

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

Did you try the yard I recommended last time? here You might be outside their delivery area though. They are a family run place and have been really good to me. Any trade merchant that remembers your name after a couple of visits, will give you stuff on credit and where the boss also gets out in the truck doing the deliveries whenever one of the normal drivers is off so that they are not late is a good place to deal with!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

this loving principles of EE class has some of the most bass-ackwards circuit analysis i have ever heard of in my life

poo poo like an indicated current direction with a loving negative value

and i'm about to take an exam for it

i can analyze REAL circuits all day long but this poo poo with hosed up arrangements just for the sake of "CHALLENGING YOUR ABILITY" is pissing me off something awful

fuckin' college man

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My class did that too

At the time i was thinking "hey maybe i should have gone for computer engineer/EE instead of CSE" but that class showed me i'm not worthy of the title

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

whats hosed up is i only need this class as a prerequisite for vibrations and controls. and i'm not actually learning anything that I didn't already know from physics 2, my automotive electrical classes, and said hands-on experience

everything we've learned these first six weeks can be summed up as "circuit reduction", i'm talking basic loving resistor circuits with voltage and current sources

it's a gently caress-you version of physics 2, just like dynamics is gently caress-you physics 1 and mechanics is just statics with added flavor.

God I hope thermodynamics is interesting next semester.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

extreme_accordion posted:

CHUMP at Road America coming up. Yeeehaaw!
Whoever talked to me about the MR2 being a Fiero the last time.
It finally dawned on me you were a goon.
#378 Low Farm Racing

gently caress these 60 hour work weeks, but drat do they pay well.
I wish we were running that this year but we decided we weren't running with Chump this year. Almost signed up with another team but I've got too much going on for two races that month. Good luck and have a good race, I'll probably be following along on one of the tracking sites. We'll be running Hallet with WRL the 17th and 18th.

October already...gently caress. Guess goals for this month through the end of the year are the same as they have been all year, sell the 928 and put in a lift. This has been one unproductive year for AI related stuff other than the E28.

Fly home Saturday morning, have several bars I wanted to hit before I left. Should be a couple fun nights with a lot of Uber rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

leica posted:

Also, if you live, we'll take any exess water off your hands.

--California

• Locked thread