Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lightbulb Out posted:

Congrats on the heated garage, they rule. I bought a house a year ago and have loved it, I just need to insulate and heat the garage next :getin:

Ug, I need to put an AC unit in my garage. gently caress this heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

NitroSpazzz posted:

:glomp: sorry man and gently caress cancer

This. Condolences and let us know if you need anything.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I wish more places would do this. I've had a couple close calls on the bike and have had to jump to the shoulder a few times in the car.

Ever since I was almost murdered by a tumbling couch cushion, I've stopped to call them in every chance I get. Usually just make/model/direction/road since I don't want to be behind that vehicle any more than possible.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

T1g4h posted:

We have found a witch, may we burn him?

Only if he weighs as much as a duck.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Cage posted:

I think hes asking why there are also scissors inside of your nose.

Those are Kelly forceps! Handy tools when fixing drain lines in the door of your brother's vw or pinching cut veins and arteries shut during surgery. They are probably holding part of his face to the other part of his face or maybe holding something to soak up blood.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Could we combine this with :suspense: please?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Enourmo posted:

and a gibbus mod no less

events are taking place tonight

I'm afraid to go back to studying in case I miss something in real time! I even checked the irc channels, too!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

More like the retards your dad found in the alley are come to eat your dinner

you gonna use that motor oil?

I still have 1/4 bottle of 20w50 if you want a sip...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

scuz posted:

Color me really loving interested, that sounds like a damned toy store.

Shameless plug below:

[shilling for friends]
My buddies have spent the last like 4 years working on a video sharing app. It's like snapchat, but with groups and you can unshare videos and go back to watch them whenever you want. I really like it, but I'm pretty biased :3: Just think, we could have video logs of Adiabatic's rally weekend nonsense, or 14"'s seemingly bottomless bucket of paternal hijinks, or head gasket how-tos and stuff. https://vidku.com I'm @adam in the app and I started a aigoons group. Video nonsense commence!
[/shilling for friends]

In as ElJebus. I'll post bike vids/pics. Maybe some cars too...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Phone posted:

Rogue beer is mediocre at best and is produced by an awful company.

Agreed. Stone is still decent but there are so many better Oregon and California Brewers that are better (and in rogue's case, cheaper) that it is almost funny.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Phone posted:

New Belgium.

Not great beer but they have some good offerings and, what makes them better than rogue, they are not only super into solar and wind power, but their beer prices aren't sky high. I'll pick up a 6/12 of Ranger IPA if they don't have anything more exotic or better, like Grapefruit Sculpin or Chasing Freshies.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Breaking up with this chick today. Wish me luck.

Let her down easy and give her a picture of a dog playing with a cat to soften the blow...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

This was my final test today. I achieved this by retarding the ignition a little (I had previously advanced it), opened up the idle air adjust and leaned it out, and cranked the idle up the incorrect way by adjusting the idle stop screw so it idled around 1500-1700 or so.

Last year was easy peasy, but it was a tiny Solex 31 PICT with an adapter so the car made no power.

Drive it over to Palm Springs and I can chill by the smog machine and give you 5 gas analysis all day long while you tweak poo poo!

Speaking of, does it only give you CO and HC? Oxygen and CO2 are great diagnostic tools for emissions. High CO suggests a fuel issue, so a new carb would fit the profile of why you are having issues. Can you find (a) new jet(s) and trouble shoot at all? I see you tried to run lean, but it doesn't appear to have worked since your CO went up... Adjusting your idle higher could also help since you seem to pass the higher rpm test without an issue.

Credentials: I barely passed the first test in my CA clean air car course for emissions testing certification.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

trouser chili posted:

My Accord finally got sick of the way I treat it and blew the radiator on the way in to work today. Mid morning my shoe soles suddenly delaminated, so the poor car was then forced to take me to the mall, and through a McDonalds drive through on the way back to work. Then I drove it home in rush hour traffic. Despite this it only really got close to overheating as I parked in front of the house.

gently caress you, Timberland.

Unfortunately now I'm locked out of the house and can't drive anywhere.

This post. This is what this thread is about. Now, if only there was a stance on guns somewhere in it...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Fo3 posted:

Oh, so it's just some internet thing, not real life thing involving kastein.
To be fair, nearly every regular has told TT to gently caress off at least once.

I don't believe I have told TT to gently caress off.

Regardless, I don't think the Norwegian owes me an explanation for posting that picture and saying it was a selfie. He had already explained that the tesla incident was being dealt with by tesla and he couldn't use the pictures or something. I'd like to continue to hear about his life since it is interesting, but I'd also not blame him for avoiding a witch hunt. I don't think we initially jumped for his throat, either. The two pictures were posted asking what was up and if there was an explanation, and we never got one. He didn't even try, even though he did tell TT to more or less gently caress off.

Also, TT, don't gently caress off.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Friend has a garage AAA, I have all of the tools. Over/under on him telling AAA that he just bought a shitheap VW then using AAA to tow it to his place, where we do an engine pull?

You can totally do that. I helped a friend tow her bike to my place where I fixed it because I have AAA RV and the tools to fix it. I just said my bike broke down and they didn't care beyond that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Noise Complaint posted:

He gave us an explanation on IRC and it was good enough for everyone on IRC, including kastein, who you guys should honestly trust by now, considering he posts more useful, helpful, truthful content on this subforum than most anyone else, period.

Fjell's definitely from Norway, I have the Paypal receipt to prove it. I just wouldn't push the guy. I know what it's like to have massive anxiety/PTSD issues. It loving sucks, and you can do some irrational poo poo to try to get some positive attention. I doesn't make much sense to most and it comes off as really lovely, but who here doesn't have their own issues.

That said, AI is a great group of people in general. I actually have more AI'ers coming to my wedding in December than non-AI friends. So whatev.

Dude, I swear he isn't a cop. He's cool. Can we just do this already?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

leica posted:

Jesus Christ, makes me thankful that my house is well built. I can't imagine going through that.

I showed that to my wife and she just dropped her jaw and exclaimed 'holy poo poo'. So glad our house was built well enough to last 9 whole years...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

leica posted:

Picked up a BG Mazda today with 70k miles for $500.

Yay for knowing old mazda econoboxes well, and I have new parts left over from the last BG five years ago :v:

Good score! I was just thinking that the $500 LeMons thing would be a great series to make a motorcycle version. Maybe limit motor size or something to 250/300 or whatever, but keep the rest of the rules in place? I've also wondered what a roadkill for bikes would look like, but I figure the rider probably wouldn't survive the things the roadkill guys do to their cars.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

Inside. deep inside.

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/5217099699.html

I want this for reasons...

That looks like it is just a few miles from me... And I have garage space again!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

nm posted:

She needs to lawyer up. A good divorce attorney will make him a lot less smug and get her some spousal support.

Seriously this. That is what spousal support is for.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Enourmo posted:

that tweet makes no sense because although luke cut off vader's robo-hand and injured him, what he died of was palpatine's force lightning, which A vader did that poo poo to himself because redemption and B palpatine's already dead so theres no one left to exact vengeance on
:goonsay:

But he might blame Luke and his family/friends... Since he wasn't in the room.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

leica posted:

Hell is other people, somebody stab me in the throat please. I had to confront a big rear end group of people because they were drunk (go figure) and being loud. I usually like to get everyone's attention so I can address them at once and not have to repeat myself a thousand times, and tell them if I get any complaints the party is over. Then the "leader" of the group, supposedly a member of Molly Hatchet (lol) comes to the front desk to complain that I was being a JERK and in the same breath says that they're bikers that don't respect authority and don't like being told what to do and also that he had to hold his biker friends back from kicking my rear end and going to jail. Because gently caress society and it's stupid loving rules, right?

Coincidently, "biker weekend" was cancelled here in the Palm Springs area due to that shooting in Waco and the horror of it maybe happening here. Mostly they just didn't want the Mongols MC showing up. Guess who just showed up in Palm Desert! Not the thousands of tourists riding nice motorcycles and spending a ton of money on food and beverages and hotels rooms. Yep, Mongols MC is staying at the hotel across the street from where my wife works. No sign of Vatos or Hell's Angels or whoever hates whoever at the moment. I want to use my boss' SV650S and just wheelie around the hotel they are staying at.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Rhyno posted:

We have so much biker bullshit here all of a sudden. There are at least four patched clubs locally and they have dust ups reported in the news weekly. There's one "official" biker bar here and all 4 clubs have claimed it so of course somebody gets stabbed every weekend.

I think only the Mongols come to the Coachella valley anymore. Don't know if that is true or not since I don't follow the news too closely but I haven't seen anything regarding another club at all.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Nah, angels still head out there.

Mongols took over my favorite dive bar in Hemet, so gently caress them.

Really? I haven't seen them but I'm also not everywhere so they could still show up. What bar in Hemet?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah I've run into a few when I was riding out there a lot. Chappies, right across from the old theatre.

Edit: also not saying it was ever a good bar, but my buddy's band plays there sometimes, and it's a true dive bar. You feel grimy just walking in.

Also funny story, but I have to remove some details. Dude I work with was apparently hanging out with hells angels, and his wife ended up deciding she wanted some 1%er dick instead.

So she showed up at our work, with the HA, who threatened to kill him.

Getting to meet NCIS agents is fun :v:

Haven't been in there myself, but next time I'm in the area I'll snap a picture to share what the place looks like.

Removing details of what!? I'm gonna have to look into any stories there. I rarely see Mongols except for this weekend when they show up in numbers. Can't say I see many 1%ers at all except when the Mongols come to town. They always wave when I'm on my Harley, but I do wonder if they would do the same if on something else not cruiser-esque. Cops always get tons of overtime and I haven't seen my palm desert bike cop neighbor in a few days, want to ask him all about it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Sent boss a text basically saying "can't make shift, in ambulance", reaction was "you're fired".

Not word for word (his answer was a lot uglier and uglier than that), but I've never been written up, all my metrics are fine, and I'm a fuckng trainer. Why do they make you a trainer if they don't trust you.

OSHA is going to have a field day. Especially since I fall under EEOC, since I do have a disability (and the hospitalization was directly related to it).

I'm still around enough to stir up poo poo.

Stirred up quite a storm with EEOC and TWC, and screencapped the whole conversation between my boss and myself when he went on a childish rant.

Gonna be phone/couch/laptop posting for awhile though.

Sent boss a text basically saying "can't make shift, in ambulance", reaction was "you're fired".

Not word for word (his answer was a lot uglier and uglier than that), but I've never been written up, all my metrics are fine, and I'm a fuckng trainer. Why do they make you a trainer if they don't trust you. I also have a written disability on file that the hospital visit was related to.

Come to Palm Springs. Work for the Papa Johns down the street, I'll order a pizza once a week and I tip well. We also have decent hospitals and such, what with all the old people and their needs.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Enourmo posted:

guitar (at least electric) is the worst

Yeah, acoustic is a completely different beast. I started on a cheap Yamaha but now I've got a low-mid range Taylor and the difference is astronomical in quality. Under $500 is generally for a beginner to see if they want to keep playing an acoustic, then move on to sub $1500 for a good acoustic that will last a while and sound and feel good. When I have the cash I can finally move onto the sub $5k professional range with Bourgeois and Thompson and other high end hand made guitars. Thompson makes pre war style dreadnoughts that sound and feel amazing. I never thought there was that big of a difference between my $1500 Taylor and the more expensive acoustics but after playing for 15 years I can tell the difference pretty quickly.

I mean feel and sound from a player perspective, I doubt I could tell much difference just listening to them all.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Cage posted:

That's crazy. I spent $300 on a takamine acoustic over 10 years ago and it still sounds awesome. You doñt have to spend anywhere near $1500 to buy an amazing guitar that lasts.

I didn't put a lower limit for just that reason. And I haven't played every guitar nor am I a master of discerning sound quality. And personal preference has a lot to do with it. But I do think there is a point where you would probably be able to tell the difference in quality if you sat down with some more expensive models. I think that point is around $1500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

I call this piece "stalking el jebus, aka the culture that tells us $1200 is reasonable for a stroller"

Meant to just go a mile to the grocery store today, but traffic was backed up. One thing lead to another and I ended up 90m away and in the palm desert :v:

Does the stroller massage your child and teach it Spanish and Mandarin? I have no idea how much those cost as I have no kids but that seems like a lot.

Did you go back up 74? Best road around unless you off-road up into Joshua tree. If you are still in the area tomorrow I'll buy you a beer!

Edit: also, I'm to the right of that picture, in Indio, across I10.

• Locked thread