Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's talk of a beater E36 arriving at my house at some point for abuse on track days. Could be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

I just dropped £600 at Travis Perkins because the other yards were dicking me around, that should be nearly everything I need for monster garage shelves, workbench and garden fence. That should put the garage in order and make working in there possible, then I can build a gate and the yard is completely closed off. What then? Toylander I think.

I'm in financial shock. New sofa arrives at the same time. :suicide:

I need some plywood sheets for my deadlifting platform, gonna put a powercage in the garage and get buff as gently caress. Need some tool storage too, where should I be looking? Tool boxes etc??

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

October chat: Just organising a pizza party at mine. Also just ordered a power rack and some weights for the garage. The weights may be to counteract the effects of pizza...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Garage gym is great to have. Been stuck with a hotel gym the last two weeks and I'm going nuts, if I do another trip out here I might just sign up for Golds or something.

Hotel gyms rarely have any actual weights worth a drat. Though the last place I stayed at had a bunch of cable machines that I bodged with various other bits of gym to give myself a workout that wasn't too bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sorry to hear Rhyno.

some texas redneck posted:

...there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cameras in each store. Security is very aware of people hanging out, but they really don't give a poo poo until you cause a disturbance, or you appear intoxicated (or you decide to gently caress in one of the fake apartments). I've hung out in there for hours, both before and after working there, and the most that's happened is I've been approached and asked if I needed any assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mynyEx8uiQ

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Arduino nerds, I was bought one a while back but have yet to look into what I can use it for. Could I be a complete dork and stick it between an audio system and something like a NES controller to select stuff onscreen instead of using the typically terrible remote/unit controls?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pretty much! Thanks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

In North America, they're sold as a :airquote: premium high end brand. :airquote: In Europe, I think they're seen as a pretty normal brand? Maybe?

I used to sell them here in the UK and Bosch are certainly perceived to be premium but from selling their poo poo they have essentially a 'cheap' line with plastic internals and the actual premium line which is pretty much spot on in terms of quality.

Jesus gently caress, I just opened up Facebook. And saw this posted by a friend.

It's what his wife wrote on his son's homework, and sent back with his son to school.

I'm not the religious type, but I'm a firm believer that the only way to understand and tolerate differences in cultures (this includes religion) is to learn about them, and respect them - not be a loving xenophobe, and not by thinking your way is the only way.

Also nice job making sure your kid is as blinkered and dumb as you. "WHAT ABOUT DA CHRISTIANS?!"

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 6, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Shame on you for not knowing what it was straight away, they're pretty distinct, the vast majority of the marque has that booty shape.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

and to ruin everyone elses day, i am just going to leave this selfie here

What on earth were you doing?? :cry:

Also condolences.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah you're right, that's a totally normal Saturday evening... :aaaaa:

The universe seems to have it in for you fella but has failed in its attempts to off you. Get well soon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

14 INCH DICK posted:

Im flattered, but whos the other?

Me, obvs.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Breaking news: Norwegian forum poster actually a bodykitted Fiero.

As sad as this F-40. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

How can I go straight on when mine hangs to the right?

Right? Freak.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

meatpimp posted:

I know. I'm left-handed, too.

That bits fine because left handed people are cool. I know, because I'm also left-handed.

...but now I might just be lying because lol internet. You might be lying. IOC may have planted those images and doctored the dates on them.

I don't know what to believe any more. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm at least 8 posters in this thread.

...the 8 bad ones.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

i always wondered why when i would ask him questions in norwegian he would ignore me

Haha, amazing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is because he's the puppetmaster and was trying to throw us off the scent. Cheeky fucker.

INSIDE JOB.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

At least nobody sent him tools this time.

Go on, what did I miss?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

blk posted:

How many AIers are cyclists? Maybe specify road/mtb/uni. You don't need to share if you're into trikes.

I'm road; raced cross a little 10 years ago.

Jesus, 10 years ago feels like yesterday.

kimbo, jamal, cat terrist...who else?

Used to ride a lot of mountainbike when I lived in Yorkshire, took a lot of trips to Scotland to ride there, also Peak district. Built trails outside of Leeds in a place called Stainburn which featured one hell of a lot of rock obstacles and was graded double black. Moved from Yorkshire and lost virtually all decent riding outside of a multiple hour drive so am now mostly road but it's all just commuting and the occasional 'fun' ride in the city. Bought some bits to fix up my now 10yr old Orange 5 and will hopefully spank that sometime soon at a reasonably local trail, lovely brakes and all.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Vidku chat;

I would like to be friends irl with Will because he seems fun. :3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

If by Will you mean Wes, I want to be friends with you too :3:

If not, gently caress you guy!

I mean Wes because apparently I can't remember names for the amount of time it takes me to get from that app to this one and tap out a few words.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bought a lifting cage and a bunch of weights last week. Company said it'd get delivered today so I get in contact asking when they're thinking of delivering it. "Oh it hasn't been put through to our warehouse for packaging"

So no weights for me this weekend. On the bright side I'm going drift karting Sunday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdR61y42ulU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bolind posted:

What kind of weight lifting gear did you get, and how much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Entertaining the thought of my own garage (I think it comes with a house too, dunno, ask the missus about that part) and part of the dream is my own weight lifting setup.

Bodymax CF475 heavy cage which is good for 363kg/800lbs and a 7ft barbell/rubber weight set totalling 185kg/407lb. Total was something upwards of £700 but I got the weights cheaper as I ordered one set they didn't have in stock so they offered me coin off one they did have.

I figure I have the room and I loving hate going to the gym because other people just gently caress me off so install in the garage and smash out some reps with my housemate whenever we want with no waiting while some prick hangs around for 45 minutes doing very little. Gonna build a deadlift/bench platform for it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

I'm shopping Volvo 480 coupes.There's a nice white one near me but it's auto. Wonder how hard a d5 swap would be?

I realllllllllllllly like 480s, they're just on the right side of terrible. Touch of lowering, some nice wheels and they look great. Rare you see anything other than standard ones and even standard ones are a once every few months thing it seems. Also 4 seater.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Oh neat! My only good dress shirt has shrunk and I can no longer button the top button! And don't even ask me to tie a tie!

Yeah do you know how hard it is to shrink a shirt?

meatpimp posted:

(It didn't shrink) :btroll:

^^

At least you get to go buy a sparkly new one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Went drift karting yesterday with a bunch of dickheads from our little car club. Many MANY spins, 360s, crashes, several broken steering assemblies and multiple popped tyres happened. There were 20 something of us split into 4 groups, each group had 4 sessions each and we were there for about 5 hours spending time going sideways.

Karts are just normal karts but the right rear tyre had plastic piping over it to lessen grip which actually worked really well... Top way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sadly the best part of the track is up the other end, a series of lovely linking turns where you could spend half the lap drifting from corner to corner but there's nowhere to spectate or get video from :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4c7gI8fOEQ

If any UK heads are interested it was here: http://www.kartingworcester.co.uk/drift-karts/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'll keep an eye out for a Falcon in that case if you want one. Not sure if they're specific to Aus but if they're not then I'll take a look next time I go where they sell Hot wheels.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fo3 posted:

It's not showing up on this year, last year or next years US models, but you do get the simpsons regular car and the "homer" :lol:

There's a regular Simpsons car?? I have the Homer already.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I now need to go poop.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I suppose if you have nowhere to go and all your roads are complete gridlock then an auto makes sense.

I'm just really loving happy that neither of those things apply to me and where I live.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BloodBag posted:

It literally takes at least an hour drive from my house to the closest road with something approaching a curve to it. Miatas are stupid in Houston.

Christ. That explains an awful lot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Holy gently caress. That must've been a fair few quid to assemble... Gorgeous though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

She hid the cooking oil so I couldn't fry the steak!

Is nobody going to pull him up on this cooking faux pas? No? You're all a disappointment.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

scuz posted:

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself!

I subscribe to this way of life.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Depends on how large a large is and how fatty fat fat you are. My graduating from a medium to a large has coincided with my belt size going up and this is despite a pretty decent amount of exercise. The two things mayyyyyyyyy be related.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kastein posted:

:lol: at people with lovely metabolisms, I'm 29 and can still eat like a pig. Been within 10lbs of the same weight since I was 15-16.

Oh my jeans size has gone up 2" in a year where I've deliberately ate anything I wanted to with no restrictions. :v:

If I were the same weight as when I was 16 I'd be a skeleton so gently caress that. Definitely a looooooong way from being fat at the moment anyway so we're all good and I've just taken delivery of a power cage and 400lb of weights so by summer I'll no doubt be a bit heavier but a whole load stronger. Just need to knock together a deadlift platform now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

As soon as you get rid of guns, I'm gonna waltz over there and punch you all in the nards and claim the US for my own. And there'll be nothing you can do to stop me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Enourmo posted:

charcoal is for pussy's

You gonna finish that sentence? :v:

• Locked thread