Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
October owns, it's time to make a gallon of hard cider per week.

5-6 bucks a gallon plus a bit of lager yeast and the all I have to do is wait 3 to 4 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

another floridaman has that beat:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2255166/man-on-motorcycle-takes-both-hands-off-handlebars-to-text-during-high-speed-chase/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Condolences, rhyno

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BloodBag posted:

Dryer chatte: I have a 40+ year old Kenmore Heavy duty that I had to just recently replace the heating element on. You can find those old shits on craigslist or kijiji pretty easily from dudes who refurb old appliances. The old stuff is nice because you can still get parts for them pretty readily. I'm sure it's murdering my electricity bill but honestly my parents have bought all new appliances and their old hand-me-downs have been awesome, while their poo poo's already breaking, 3 years on. They gave me their 1998 vintage kitchen aid superba refrigerator and it's loving great. Their ~GE PROFILE~ fridge is a tremendous piece of poo poo and the door seals are already breaking and condensating and making black mold all over. I wonder if a hotpoint would be a better buy.

Easy to fix, but you're probably paying for it compared the the efficiency of a newer dryer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bape Culture posted:

I thought you hated that guy

that's his gf's father, who hates rhyno far more than rhyno hates him

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Popped a lower rib a few days ago while leaning really far out of my e30's race seat and this is going to suuuuuck for a few weeks till it heals up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Seattle or just somewhere in the area? you will be here just in time for our 8 months of rain to start

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Oooh I should go to the Museum of Flight this weekend, they are moving the Dreamliner on Monday and it will be gone until next year :X

I worked on that particular plane, it's been a very long time since i've seen it...if they allow photos would you mind snapping a few? i cant remember if they ever took the test interior out and replaced it with a production one (probably not).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

fjelltorsk posted:

Tusen takk: Et meg i ræven

you're embarrassing us monoballers.

gas op ban thread

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

quote:

The name Allanté was selected by General Motors from a list of 1700 computer generated names.

:v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

I remember when a 6 pack of good homegrown NW craft was $5.99. Now everything's :tenbux: WTH happened?

Inflation.

I can still find a 6er of craft beer on sale for 7 or 8 bucks pretty easy.

Edit : dead guy makes up for all of rogues other meh beers. New Belgium is the definition of mediocre

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 10, 2015

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Aw I was there about 3pm. That would have been funny. Didn't have a chance to stay long but I got a membership so I can go back.
Here are the pics, it doesn't look like it uploaded in order so sorry, too tired tonight to fix it and doggy is bugging me for a walk hehe.

http://imgur.com/a/P1sGC

That was me, thanks for the pics...maybe I'll make it down there to check it out when it comes back. Looks about the same as the last time I saw it :)

edit: the Boeing building across the street is where the first 787 carbon fiber barrel sections were made

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
My 'popped' lower rib loving suuuuucks. I'm having a tough time resting enough to let it get better.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

leica's much cuter than your wife? idk, i got nothing

State Farm called me to offer a life insurance policy and I canceled my auto/renters on the spot since I hadn't yet. The agent was completely flabbergasted that I managed to find similar coverage for literally half of the cost; it shouldn't be hard to find a cheaper rate (less than $138/mo) in a prescribed policy state for a 27 year old white dude with no tickets and 10 years of driving experience for an econobox and a "sports car" with an econobox motor. Fuckers.

e: TT, I'm sorry (not sorry), but you'll never be able to afford that stuff. I look forward to hearing about your new Sonic Turbo, though.

Yup, I dumped SF too back in Jan, saved over 100 a month. They even had the audacity to ask me to come back, "we promise we'll have lower rates this time!"

Instead of, I dunno, offering that price before I decided to quit? Idiots.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

He grew up and we're all very proud of him.

things we will never say about the aggro crag

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
This weekend is looking awesome: going to go try drifting in the 318iS at an "open drift" day at a nearby track and make some bbq for the seahawks and sounders games.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Lol, just lol if you think you'll "save" money by owning a house.

Do you have enough money for a good size down payment?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
how much room do you need around a power cage? just a couple feet off the sides?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Keep waggin your tail in dog heaven, peanut :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Just because you're competing doesn't mean you're playing a sport.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Scored free tickets to the sounders playoff game tonight! :getin:

In conclusion, gently caress LA Galaxy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
My 7 year old computer monitor is dying, not sure if I should head over to SHSC for recommendations, but I'm hoping to spend no more than $400.

Mostly used for gaming but i only end up playing 3-5 hours a week. 24" or 27/28".

video card is a GTX 760.

recommendations?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Thanks for the monitor suggestions, going to pick up a VG248QE from bestbuy (amazon price matched) on the way home today.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

Everyone said to pick up a Dell IPS so you bought an Asus TN.

This is why the answer to "Hey, what type of _________ do you recommend?" should always be met with "I don't know, go ask someone else".

Scuz recommended it and the 144hz sealed the deal for how cheap it is. I really only end up using my home computer for gaming a few hours a week, viewing angles have never been an issue for the 7 years I've used my samsung monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

If anyone in PDX want's a cheap 24", let me know. We're surplussing like 30.

Email address? your PMs are turned off

• Locked thread