Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

Hey dudes, what's the best way to browse craigslist within like 500 miles of me? I'm looking for a 2004-2006 Forester 2.5XT Turbo/ Turbo premium and there are all of three for sale in Michigan

Here, I'll save you some time: https://charleston.craigslist.org/ctd/5246127235.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

University preparing you chat --

I got an AS in Manufacturing Engineering and stopped school because I was tired of it. I was in Akron and quickly got hired as a project engineer at a processing plant that supplied the rubber and automotive industry. Jesus gently caress. School did absolutely nothing to prepare me for what an actual job was. I had a couple broken machines, a McMaster catalog, and a 6 person maintenance crew. With that, I was told to "fix them." You quickly learn to swim on your own. And yeah, a degree just shows that you have the will and capability to stick through something you engage in. In my case, I made it through the engineering job and it was fun, but drat that was some dirty, nasty poo poo on the floor. 20 years later and my sense of smell has never fully recovered.

IKEA chat --

They are making one within 2 miles of my house. I have never been to IKEA, but I've heard a lot from all over. I'm a little bit excited and a little bit scared.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Slow is Fast posted:

Offer accepted without issue.

:shepspends:

Hahaha, now wait a couple years. Experience house life. Watch your project time go to a fraction of what you have now.

:laugh:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Add me to the goon pile of condolences, Rhyno. :( I won't blame you for ruining October though. Yet.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress all previous owners.

Edit: don't handle purple primer with open cuts folks. It hurts to holy hell.

I see your previous owner hated straight pipe and went with all-fitting plumbing. Creative, but much more expensive.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Laptop chat.

loving Dell.

I got the M17x back from their Depot. They replaced the motherboard, video card, wireless card, LCD and the bottom chassis (:wtf:). It actually looked pretty good until I opened it up, ran Dell's built-in diagnostics and got a *Memory Error Critical Replace Immediately* result. Then I tried to boot and it won't... well, it will, but only if I plug an external monitor in first. Again :wtf:

I've never had a good experience with Dell once things start making GBS threads the bed. It seems like they throw parts at it and make it worse.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I also ditched the use of silicone this time. My father in laws friend that has been doing plumbing since they invented the pipe said to use plumbers putty. That way if there ever needs to be work done, it can be easily taken apart to be repaired and new put in.

With a proper ring of putty, the "wing-tite" drain system its in and works perfectly.

I have not been happy with putty the last couple times I've used it. I was planning on using silicone next time. What are the pros/cons?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

God drat, I didn't expect to wake up to the entire AI collective getting massively pwned.

At least give us a big reveal, fake Norwegian guy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cancer don't grab photos from the internet, rehost them on imgur, then claim them as its own.

14 INCH DICK posted:

This feels less like getting owned, this feels a lot more like stolen Valor and needing to amp your medal payout higher and higher.

Just please tell me you're real, 14"... if you're not, THAT would shatter my conscious reality.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

serious gaylord posted:

Did you make up everything you've posted in the bike thread too?

That's something. I'm following "him" on Strava and the profile picture does not match the "rebar" picture. Also, it only shows him riding that old mystic-painted Klein, no Aeroad.

14 INCH DICK posted:

Just say "i believe" every night until i come. if you do it, maybe you can come to Neverland with me.

Just follow my dick, it'll show you the way. Just remember, remember to point at the second star on the right and straight on till morning

How can I go straight on when mine hangs to the right?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 7, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

88h88 posted:

Right? Freak.

I know. I'm left-handed, too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geirskogul posted:

This is more exciting than the stolen valor dude in GiP that turned out to be a transgender (nothing wrong with that, but he was anti-transgender in his posts) guy pretending to be a SF marine or whatever.

And better than Clydesdale, because that guy was just being himself and got internet detective'd. This new scam had moxy and was in for the long con.

88h88 posted:

I don't know what to believe any more. :(

Guys, I really need to come clean. In truth, I am a good poster.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

i always wondered why when i would ask him questions in norwegian he would ignore me

Tusen Takk posted:

granted i may just be on his ignore list since i am a terrible poster, but still

Unless his con goes way deeper, he really is in Norway, or he's stealing a Norwegian's data, because his Strava rides are definitely showing cycling in Norway.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah I was just thinking about that, plus it looks like he's pulling all his poo poo from norwegian sites so unless google translate has gotten better at translating it, he'd have a hard time doing it

Regardless,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l291zs8rLuM

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Phone posted:

This is why it's important to never brag on the Internet and to only be a troll who takes people down a peg.

Wait, what?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

Wait who died?

fjelltorsk

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bajaha posted:

We had such a successful first year as well. I don't think anyone got stiffed on that one.

Ponies Ate My Bagel was a deadbeat in year one and got banned.

Multiple deadbeats in year two did not get banned.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Yeah it's kind of infuriating when my stepfather succumbed to his cancer last week.

If fjeltstfuck has both his balls I am going to lose my loving mind.

2 balls, 0 Teslas.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

So, on the fjelltorsk topic. I was quick to judge and I want to step back from that, a little bit.

As I said, I was following him on Strava. Looking into his rides lead me to a blog of his (in that crazy moon language, TT), where he talks about biking with the Klein he's shown here, doing RC cars that he's talked about here and such.

I don't know if all he has said is a lie, I don't know if all he has said is truth. There's definitely suspicion, but I hope he comes back and explains himself. I fully belive that going through cancer and chemo could fully wreck up most things in your life, maybe this was his outlet for some of that stuff?

gently caress, I'm getting soft as I get older.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 8, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bajaha posted:

Google translate is giving me " A meg in fox"

Tusen takk is Megan Fox??? :confused:

What else has this forum being lying about???

Figures... We finally get a hot chick in here and she has hammer thumbs. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My current roadie -

Rear tire logo shamefully not aligned properly with stem. Stem mounted Garmin instead of Barfly. Crank arm not in line with rear chainstay. Valve stems not at 180*.

That's pretty much it! You've come a long way in your gear AND your bike pic taking, Terrist!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Oh neat! My only good dress shirt has shrunk and I can no longer button the top button! And don't even ask me to tie a tie!

(It didn't shrink) :btroll:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

jammyozzy posted:

You mean you didn't want to go oval racing in your new Miata?

No, it's just the factory acknowledging that the stock tires are crap and helping the customer rub them away with all the toe.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS, gently caress PREVIOUS OWNERS.

Good lord, this shower install has turned into a loving oval office wagon and a half. I am trying to get drywall to match up and of course nothing matches up. so my day was spend using shims, screwing and unscrewing the same god drat piece of dry wall just to try to attempt to get things to line up, only to bust a hole in another piece of drywall.

gently caress it, its getting copious amounts of drywall compound and sanding it.

Now I am the previous owner.

This is the best post.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I wore this loving thing to a wedding three weeks ago and had no trouble buttoning the top button. There's no way my neck got fatter.

I see a ton of Klondike wrappers that spell out something different.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I was indoctrinated in the One True Religion and this new hippie pope has me all confused. He obviously has not heard the term "immutable."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

So my son is in little league, and we practice hitting in our back yard with a "quick stick" which is a small diameter bat that you hit plastic golf sized balls with for better hand-eye coordination. He tends to hit balls over the fence and our neighbors just throw them back over whenever and it hasn't really been a big deal. One of my neighbors who I thought was a friend decided it wasn't cool by screaming THAT ALMOST HIT ME IN THE loving HEAD!!! keep in mind this is a tiny wiffle ball the size of a golf ball that literally couldn't hurt a fly. So am I unreasonable to think he's being ridiculous? Do I really have to go to a park now to try to get him some hitting practice? What the gently caress.

It could have been just a bad day for the neighbor and your son may have hit it at just the wrong time. Or, the neighbor throws them back whenever, but generally resents doing so and you happened to have a cross-yard ball at the wrong time.

Either way, it was the wrong time... and really you can't get mad at the neighbor unless you have a standing "yeah, it's cool" agreement. If it's just been something that you haven't talked about, that's on you.

Edit: gently caress. I agree with iwentdoodie. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CharlesM posted:

I used to post there and got sick of it because people think they're smarter than everyone else...hopefully that's changed.

Hope springs eternal.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Moving the conversation here, since 14" wants to keep his thread pure and unsullied by those of us that are not resigned to oblivion.

88h88 posted:

I want to say it's because people who listen to metal and people who make metal (and all the associated subgenres before you start :v: ) are all manchildren who are resistant to change. Thus nothing evolves.

Note this is only a tongue in cheek observation before anyone flips out and goes apeshit.

This is definitely true in some part. I was a post-teen mess when I went through the "gently caress it all" music phase that supplanted my general angst-y teenage years. I was lucky enough to have the Dead Kennedys and The Cure to drive me through high school.

You get to a point, though, where you either realize that you are bigger than your problems, or you go down a silly path of self-destruction that, by definition, hurts nobody but yourself.

Of all the angry music, though, this is one song that I genuinely find to be a fanstastic downer draped upon ridiculously happy music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7f6T4L2IA

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 12, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

poo poo just fizzled out over the past couple weeks. I know when a good thing is over, just gotta muster up the courage to do it.

:(

Good luck.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

14 INCH DICK posted:

I think you misinterpreted the way I asked to keep car discussion out of the AI metal thread. And besides, I dump out a bit of poison and then everyone's chipper again. It's just the way I work because even medicated my mood swings are a bitch. I think I spoke with you a few years back over the full diagno sis when I had that 5150.

Besides for all the nihilism in the world, there are always beacons of hope. Like how my entire life's purpose has been validated by what just happened. My boss's boss, the regional manager, was here on an OSHA inspection and they walked up to me and asked if there are any unmarked containers of storage we have they can correct before the state inspection occurs and I not only asked "do I count as an unlabeled container" but the fart I felt brewing cooperated and ripped out the longest, loudest, splatteriest fart I possibly could have ever done on the spot without making GBS threads myself.

We did talk dude, we're cool, don't worry. I really didn't want to continue a derail, though. :hf:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

t:mad:

Check out how shiny plastic can get:

Braille parking spotted.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

Are S4 Avants bad cars? I saw some pictures and they are gorgeous cars. Also, as it turns out, my wife hates Foresters and would prefer I get a cool car like a BMW, Audi, or any other four-door turbo V6/V8 including the G8

I've never been interested in German cars so idk where to start

Most stereotypes about Audis are true. Great cars if you have the time, skill and space to work on them yourself. Twin turbo cars are notorious for oil feed problems, which necessitate engine removal or subframe drop. V8 cars sound absolutely awesome, but are prone to timing chain issues. Solution? Remove motor.

Edit: Here's a picture of a timing chain setup from an S4. Note that this is the side that faces the firewall.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 13, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

Idk when she started caring about what kind of car I drive

(It was when you married her.)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

And then respray the entire thing with authentic BMW Orange Peel.

I giggled because it's true. Do paint shops have to be trained in orange peel to get partial resprays to match? It so bad that it seems almost intentional.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Comrade Flynn posted:

State Farm has been great to me. $120/mo to insure a car that MSRP'd for $350,000? Sure.

I hope you have an agreed value with them. If not, there'd be a terrible situation if something bad happens.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cakefool posted:

Don't worry, just like fjellnorsk he's not real. He's actually meatpimps alter ego.

Time for the big reveal. TT is my parachute account.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CommieGIR posted:

Lawyer up.

This, and make a police report.

Well, and not give people big chunks of cash without checking the poo poo out of their background.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Is there an easy way to dig into a .v2i ghost backup without reinstalling ghost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Hay, gun nuts (both sides), TFR is that way.

<-----------

(I own guns, just choose not to beat my chest about them.)

• Locked thread