Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Enourmo posted:

basically i'm loving pissed off

pissed off that i can't go back and time andwhip loving teenage dipshit me onto a path that might actually benefit me

or at least get "him" to stop hanging out with dipshits who get you into drugs, mooch off you, then literally beat you down when you try and stand up for yourself

i have made so many bad decisions in life that where others look back fondly on their childhood/early adult years, all i see is whit hot blinding rage at would could have been, what i HAD HANDED TO ME and threw the gently caress away like a piece of poo poo who deserves to be burned alive for wasting his loving potential

i regret literally everything i've ever done in my entire life and making any different choice would have been an improvement

give me time travel so i can fix my loving life cause i'm pretty sure it's too late now
You know when people say "don't do drugs" and the idiot kid they are talking to says "shut up old man"?
Yeah, this poo poo is why.

Hope you find something that works better for you. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

leica posted:

This is our dumbass culture, folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijIlphbrZM
Baseball hitting one of them in the face would have been perfect. Oh well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Agenda for the day:
wash car
10 miles on the bike
football

my mother has been practically begging for a chance to drive the mustang, so I'll probably relent on that today too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks..

Its the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

so i guess, not much of a story
That's...
WTF why does the universe hate you so much?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

So my new SSD got here, turns out you need a special cable to migrate data over on single-drive laptops... and the SSD didn't come with said cable. :doh:

On a scale of 1 to electrical fire how bad an idea is it to plug the laptop's original HDD and the SSD into 2 of my desktop's many, many empty drive bays and do the migration that way?
Long as they hook up and you remove the original drive in the desktop, you'll be fine.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no....

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

I thought you hated that guy
GF's father hates him and seems to be improving.
His step-father who just passed was cool.

:(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Phone posted:

here is a pic of me driving my new car

Seen one of those around me a couple times.
Looks good.
Still a chick car.
Plus my pedal bike is faster.

scuz posted:

No prob, bob! I'm sure andy's a nice guy and you two will get along.

Let me know here or through PM or whatever if you're joining so I don't accidentally add a non-goon to our wee group.
@adam, got it. No web UI, just the phone apps?

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 8, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

more than 17 seconds, and not loving vertical videos would be good too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hey Rhyno; is the supergirl show going to be any good? DC has been doing pretty good stuff with their TV shows and I see its got that berlanti dude involved. I love Arrow and Flash, I'm wondering if supergirl was worth giving a try. Generally CBS is pretty poo poo for shows (BBT, 2.5 manchildren)
Watched the premier episode a couple months ago.
It was... What's the opposite of good?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Nodoze posted:

3rd nail in my tire this summer, what the gently caress Massachusetts :argh:
Tread or sidewall?

I managed to get a sidewall nail in my mustangs tire.
The day after I picked it up.
It had 35 miles on it.

$200 of tire and $100 of road hazard coverage / taxes later I once again had 4 brand new tires. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Reposting for this page as I need to lock it in today:

About to place my Focus RS order. I'm thinking the only options I'll get is the blue paint (duh) and the RS2 interior package.

Anything else I should grab? I'm convinced the cup tires will be too much for the winter here in Seattle.
Cup tires probably are too much for Seattle.
On the other hand, why would you NOT get cup tires on an RS?

Adiabatic posted:

poo poo just fizzled out over the past couple weeks. I know when a good thing is over, just gotta muster up the courage to do it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo. 50 miles, 3000 feet of climb and 19mph average... that's baller for anyone, especially an old man like you! Nicely done, terrist!
That was my reaction too.
Nicely done.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

BloodBag posted:

I hitted you up on the stravas, I'm Patrick :cheerdoge:

I just went for a 34 mile ride on the bike, and I ran this morning. I died. https://www.strava.com/activities/413755137

E: Yay I got the koodies! :respek:
68 feet in 35 miles?!
poo poo. I can't ride to my closest cross street and back without going up more than that.

Geirskogul posted:

http://m.imgur.com/a/NF14j

Drove 10 miles freeway, decided to pull over and check oil levels. Dipstick dry, engine hot, LH side soaked but not from the cooler that I could see.

Cooled down, slowly filled with oil, accidentally overfilled, tried to drive slowly back over surface streets, proceeded to smoke so much that somebody called the fire department on me.

This is after pulling into a driveway. Oil still full, but smoky and hot and it sounds like I'm developing rod knock or just running on 3.
Pretty sure oil is supposed to stay in the engine.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 16, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Another goon I have followed did a 100+km ride for 10(!) meters elevation - and that was literally an overpass. So he basically did 99.5 kms with utterly no elevation change at all. My backyard is literally more elevation change over 50 meters.

Given I have always lived in a place that has at least undulations or is mountains, anywhere that is flat is unsettling. Land with no hills is just wrong.
I don't even think of my area as particularly hilly, it's just not that flat.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

My girlfriend's gay best friend™ just bought a Smart ForTwo.

I drove it up and down the street for shits and giggles and goddamn does that transmission not know what gear to get into ever.

I did mat it and get up to 55 in a blistering 15 seconds or so though. :flashfact:
I can't imagine what matting it for 15 seconds would do my car.
Probably about 130?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

We have a woman in the office here, we actually get along great (actually we have a lot of women here, but the story is about a specific one).
She's short and a bit...plump. But shes not sensitive about the height so I'm always giving her poo poo about it without being mean.

She came in today with her curly hair colored purple (she says its pink, but its definitely purple).

I've been racking my brain all day trying to figure out what she reminded me of, and we're in the break room just now and the light bulb went on and I burst out laughing.
She asked why and I told her I've been trying to figure out what she reminded me of all day.

She turned around and went "I know exactly what you're thinking, don't even go there."
Since I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying at this point through the tears in my eyes I ask "what am I thinking?"
She says "You're thinking oompa loompa."
And now my face hurts from laughing for 10 minutes because that is exactly what I was thinking.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Selling my Speed3 tomorrow. Gonna miss it. But on to bigger and better RWD V8 powered things.
Do tell.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

kastein posted:

I am going to sic IG-88 on all of you if you keep this poo poo up.

:corsair: get off my lawn and/or moisture farm!
Only slightly ashamed that i know what you're u are talking about.
Except the last IG-88 died at Endor after inserting itself into the death star computer core.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

he appeared but was never named, like the rest of the bounty hunters; even Boba Fett wasn't named onscreen until ROTJ

GET ON MY LEVEL SCRUB
I'm trying to think of Fett being named in EpV, but I think you are right.
Wow.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

There was a delorean at C&C last weekend. Didn't pay much attention to it.

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh hey I actually have to take it in for an alignment so that makes sense

I think all cadets says is AND NO DISINTEGRATIONS THIS TIME, I WANT THEM ALIVE
Vader is the one who says that to Fett while talking to the bounty hunters. But you see IG-88 in the background, and he doesn't say Fett's name.

scuz posted:

In RotJ, Han, on the floating skiff and partially blind, is roared at by Chewie. His reply: "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?" His name is said twice ever, back to back.
Thats RotJ, we're talking if his name is said in ESB.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 22, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

88h88 posted:

The one thing that amuses me about the Star Wars films is the amount of love Fett gets for some reason. In the films he's shown to be a bumbling, incompetent fool who ends up flying himself into the mouth of a Sarlaac.

...why is he revered as the greatest bounty hunter the galaxy has ever known when all his appearances on film have him loving up? The only thing of note he's shown to do is capture Solo who's just a regular dude. Everything 'cool' about him is never shown on film, only jerked off about in nerd literature.
The books dont show him off very well either. In the corellian (sp?) trilogy he never catches Han. In the bounty hunters trilogy he barely even talks.

Siochain posted:

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it here.

I can't wait for self-driving cars. Not for all my driving, but, the day-to-day grind poo poo? gently caress yes. Trips out west to visit family, where I've driven the same lovely road a dozen-million-googleplex times? Autopilot, and then maybe I can enjoy the nice scenery rather than get angry about the bad drivers. Trip down to the office in Ottawa? Bam, 7 hours of not-having-to-drive so I can read/study something. I also want an EV because, well, its just awesome. But, I do worry that driving will disappear (not in my functional lifetime, but my eventual kids may not drive a whole lot).
Cars are going the same way as guns. Only for enthusiasts, marginalized/denigrated by the press, and only for designated areas. And for a lot of the same reasons. Someone could get hurt, and they are loud.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 22, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Enourmo posted:

i tried working out a few years back. went alright, lost 30 pounds, didn't feel any better at all, got depressed about not feeling better, gave up and gained back all the weight plus another 50lb bonus (i'm 6'5", went from 290 to a hair over 260 and now i'm bumping 350)

how do you swole when swole still feels like poo poo
I've always slept like poo poo, but for all the people saying "exercise more, you'll sleep better!" I've never slept as badly as I have been recently while doing 5-15mi bike rides 3-5 times a week.

Where's this goddamn runners high I keep hearing about?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Look at this guy who's actually healthy! :v:

What do you guys do for music while riding? A big part of what I liked about running was popping in some headphones and zoning out a bit, I'd just head over to the track at the high school nearby and run without any worry of getting mowed down by a SUV.
I ride with one earbud in. Keeps traffic noise and awareness, while still having music.

scuz posted:

Runner's high happens like wayyyyy after 15 miles, pretty sure about that.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

scuz posted:

That. Is the minimum monthly payment. For one of my credit cards. I've made many, many bad decisions, but this last couple of weeks has been the worst with the new job transition. Going from denim and hand-me-down button-ups to business casual with shirts that have to cover my arm tattoos was really expensive. Coincidentally, that WOULD be a 6-month payment for my car insurance.
On the plus side, you're probably making a shitload more money now.
Hopefully?

scuz posted:

It's one of the main reasons I took it. Instant $12k/year raise is antihistamine money.
So about $600-700/mo more.
Not bad.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

MrChips posted:

That whole ordeal really showed how ignorant your average American is of history that isn't their own. The French have the most insane/awesome military history probably of any country on Earth.
How many times can you run away and still have it be interesting?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

We have an at-grade double train track crossing (2 tracks, about 20m apart, separately gated) just down the road from my house.

Had a slow rear end truck stop me from making the turn onto the crossing before light changed, and caught a 140 car train on the far set of tracks. :(

Dipshit in a BRZ decided he wanted to be a dipshit. Bypassed the cars waiting by driving on the wrong side past the closer set of track to wait right behind the far set of gates while it was passing by.

He lives about 6 houses down from me. I *SO* want to stick a nail just behind each of his rear tires tonight for being such an rear end in a top hat. Except I was one of the cars in line and while his car is distinctive mine is even more so and I'd rather not start a war over it.

Also: Behold: my illustrious illustration of his dipshitery.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

Holy poo poo the company I'm interning at is beginning to deploy Win10
:rip:
We've started a very limited trial of office 2016, but wont start doing even test runs of 10 until January. We get to do the 10 upgrade to every computer in the company in June/July next year, that will be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

Thanks for the monitor suggestions, going to pick up a VG248QE from bestbuy (amazon price matched) on the way home today.

Yeah that's not a dell IPS screen.

• Locked thread