Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hope you jerks on the east coast are getting ready for this hurricane, it's not looking good.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Plus Swedish meatballs

FTFY

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

Considering I can only work on cars on the weekends with my current arrangement, weeknights in a heated garage will allow me to be even more productive vs sitting in an apartment listening to my above floor neighbors get domestic disputes called them.

Lol you think you're gonna have the time on weekends for cars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sorry for your loss buddy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is our dumbass culture, folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijIlphbrZM

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

SECURE YOUR GODDAMN LOADS

Once on the interstate on a bike a truck in front of me lost a mattress and I poo poo my pants. Another time in Japan I was late night Tokyo Drifting in my (four door) Skyline, came around a sharp turn at high speed to find a refrigerator box in the middle of the road. I hit it head on and poo poo my pants as it caved in, lucking out that it was empty :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh Jesus.

"AP analysis: Dozens of deaths likely from VW pollution dodge"

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-analysis-d...DFfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

90% of my job is cool for the most part, but the other 10% is so loving intolerable it makes me want to say gently caress it I'm done.

Drunk people on vacation can suck my rear end.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Based on what I've seen online, OEM parts were around $80 but are now NLA. But apparently they go for peanuts at junkyards. I don't even need the sensor that threads into it, just the tee itself.

PM ultimateforce, maybe he could fabricate one for you? Can't imagine it would cost that much.

corn in the fridge posted:

What do you do for a living?

Security guard at a beach resort. I'm pretty much an adult babysitter, yay.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What time of year is best to visit to avoid the mentally challenged?

Funny enough, October is the best time, but honestly it's hard to predict when you're gonna get amateurs that don't know how to act in public.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

He's in Florida so you'll want to avoid it every day of the year.

It's mostly the idiots on vacation from out of state that are the problem. Indiana and Michigan people are the worst.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

What have I been saying for years now?

It's the entire Midwest really, the fly over states apparently have a higher rate of drunks go figure.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Sup security bro. It's fun dealing with children old enough to be your parents huh :v:

Haha. Most of the time the actual children are better behaved and more reasonable.

It's pretty sad when you're having to explain to kids that they're being kicked out because mommy and daddy are drunk idiots that clearly don't give a gently caress about anyone but themselves.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

cool, when we get a trip planned out, I will be in touch about the better places to go. I just want to avoid the tourists as much as possible.

Any time in the fall (Oct, Nov) is the best time to come because the weather is perfect and it's considered off season so it's a lot cheaper. Gulf coast is the best coast, the atlantic coast sucks.

Winter is not worth it, and don't even think about spring or early summer unless you don't mind crowds of idiots and ridiculous rates.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like stretch armstrong lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I've lived in hot climates for far too long. It's 60* out, 70 in my house, and I'm wearing flannel pajama pants and a fleece sweater and freezing.

Anything below 70 is too cold to me. When I lived in NY a few years back I was miserable.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

McTinkerson posted:

AI, I need your collective wisdom. I hosed up and didn't read the purchase contract on my house as closely as I should have and missed that it didn't come with a washing machine and dryer. So I need new ones. What say ye? Whirlpool, GE, LG? Samsung? I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Look into speed queen, best washers made for the money imo. No electronics, analog, stainless tub, will survive apocalypse.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks..

Its the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

I was just sitting at home a saturday night being hung over and watching the dog when some dude came shouting down the streets, my dog barked at the dude and the dude started yelling at the dog. i told the dog to shut it and figured he would walk away. the dude kept yelling so i grabbed a camera and took a picture trough the window. He did not like that one bit and started throwing poo poo at my house. He approached the front door and started breaking windows with rocks and poo poo. when he started kicking on the door i called the cops. I decided that i should walk out and try too calm him down and opened the door. I did not even get to say anything until something hit me in the ribs, i hunched over and then it all went abit black for abit. i woke up crawling on the floor in the hall and my face and head was on fire. I called the cops again, and they showed up and chased him around the bushes for awhile before catching him. i was taken to the ER "light" where a doctor looked at my face and nose, considered it hosed and sent me home to have the swelling go down. i returned to calm the dog down, continue to be entertained by #neai and have my face feel like it was about to fall off. i called the wife to let her know what was going down, and got her to wait untill morning before rushing to my aid. at some point during the night i became worse, removed one of the tampons from my nose and started bleeding alot, i freaked out and called wife. i was admitted to the hospital, had surgery and went home. most of my face is broken and because of some pressure buildup they drilled my head out.

so i guess, not much of a story

Wow it sucks that happened dude, but i suppose you learned a lot from it. Let the cops deal with it, it's what they get paid to do, don't ever think you can reason with someone that's drunk and/or irrational, and don't ever leave the safety of your house. When I read the part of you leaving your house to try to reason with that idiot it baffled me as to what your thought process was. I don't know how the law works where you are, but hopefully the dude is in jail for a long time and if he has any worth you should sue the poo poo out of him.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fjelltorsk posted:

OK, were going to live outside baltimore, probably townson or essex. relaaaax. nothing bad ever happens to me

Remember, in Baltimore little dudes will shoot bigger dudes like yourself :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I knew Ryno was a fake, no way he could paint that civic by himself :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dude must have a lot of time on his hands, gently caress.

I could think of a million other things to do besides trying to impress a bunch of jerks on the internet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Was it Krakkles? He blew the lid off ClydesdaleGATE.

Ssssh they want to remain anonymous because all the good internet detectives are risking their lives

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

He was gonna get me a bunch of hard to find Volvo parts from scandinavia too... :(

Lol, yeah sure he was.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I just spent an hour watching this dudes videos.

https://youtu.be/1_Z5q152GSQ

If he could sing like Ronnie James Dio or something I'd be impressed, otherwise he's a good musician with a meh voice.

The concept is really cool though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol, this is like when snapchat first came out, you guys are app whores.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

So my next bike is pretty definitely going to be Euro.

Went to a new BMW/KTM dealer. Was immediately given a drink, offered snacks, sales guy actually knew his products, was knowledgeable about all of them, rode himself, and gave me a test ride.

The Japanese and American dealers in town barely even register you as a human being.

It's so strange to see a business get poo poo correct.

SUUUUUUPER DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

So what ended up happening to the ZRX?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

And eh. SD is amazing, but it was suuuuuper uncomfortable on the highway. The little fins on the headlight directed all the air directly into my throat. But Jesus it was fun. S1000R, however....

Do tel about the S1000 :allears:

I want a super motard so bad but I know that I'd get crippled or die on it so I have to settle for a Jeep wrangler i guess :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

My wife's friends say the same. Then actively avoid anyone who does it.

Because it implies one has no money to pay someone else to do it.

If he can't afford a plumber, how is he going to afford to buy my wardrobe?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

People think I'm weird for doing my own landscaping. Sorry, but I'm not paying somebody 150 bucks a month to cut my loving grass.

When my son is old enough it will be his job :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Great Beer posted:

The HOA here pays a company to mow everyone's yard. It's pretty great, I don't even own a lawnmower. :toot:

That's the first time I've seen "HOA" and "pretty great" in the same sentence.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I fully expected the story to end with the cops finding (planting) weed in his car or something.

The KFC theft story is funny but I doubt it's true.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Second week in a row I get to deal with idiot drunks, yay me.

I love how these people try to rationalize and reason like what they say matters to anyone but themselves. This ain't Walmart motherfuckers, the drunk customer is never right, as a matter of fact you have no rights, so enjoy the rental car you're sleeping in now because every hotel on the beach is sold out you dumb loving idiot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mosquitoes love mine for some reason, every time I get in to go somewhere they come out from under the dash and seats and try to suck my blood until I mash the gas and all the incredible torque just blows them out leaving them hungry.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So my son is in little league, and we practice hitting in our back yard with a "quick stick" which is a small diameter bat that you hit plastic golf sized balls with for better hand-eye coordination. He tends to hit balls over the fence and our neighbors just throw them back over whenever and it hasn't really been a big deal. One of my neighbors who I thought was a friend decided it wasn't cool by screaming THAT ALMOST HIT ME IN THE loving HEAD!!! keep in mind this is a tiny wiffle ball the size of a golf ball that literally couldn't hurt a fly. So am I unreasonable to think he's being ridiculous? Do I really have to go to a park now to try to get him some hitting practice? What the gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

It could have been just a bad day for the neighbor and your son may have hit it at just the wrong time.

This ended up being it, he came by shortly after and apologized so it's all good now. We've always been cool since I've lived here (over 10 years) so it was just kind of a shock, mostly for my son because they have had a great relationship as well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

loving brilliant

I googled it and it's not bad for them since their digestive tract is so powerful, so at least i don't have to worry about worms or some poo poo like that

If it's so powerful why can't they eat chocolate?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah post in pet island and report back lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Got my first custom title in pet island :smug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Speaking of that why isn't your avatar the organic mechanic with the ear trumpet? You can leave the text as it is.

I've had the avatar for awhile now, somebody added the text and gang tag later on.

So I've been thinking about getting a concealed carry license, anybody have any experience carrying? Don't really want to post in TFR if I don't have to :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

My advice is dont bother, once someone pulls a gun everyone is hosed and if there is an active shooter situation its gonna be hard for the cops to figure out who the baddie is and you might end up capped.

if you do security work maybe open carry is better because then people know you have gun and are less likely to start poo poo.

if you are set on concealed carry get a 1911 because they are pure sex

E: the only americans i know are my cousins and they are black so they wouldnt even consider something like that

Yeah I do security and was basically going to use a CC until I get my class G license, because I've come to the conclusion that I can't depend on the cops to be there when I need them, nobody else gives a gently caress about my well being so I have to be able to defend myself from scumbag idiots that have an axe to grind with me. I've gotten seriously physically threatened twice in the last two days and I'm over having to worry about my safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

E: you're no longer a bartender?

I bartend part time, security full time.

I have a Kel Tec 9mm with a little waist band clip that would be perfect. Also have a .38 snub nose but I don't think I'd want a holster, and it would be hard to conceal because all I wear is a t shirt and shorts.

[e] Only thing I'm worried about with the Kel Tec is it tends to jam. Think I'll need to test some different rounds through it.

• Locked thread