Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Uriah Hall just makes me anxious now because I'm just waiting for him to let us all down.

waiting for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I have to get revenge and there's only one way to do it: by dragging Nik "the carnie" Lentz to the main event of a card.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I have to get revenge and there's only one way to do it: by dragging Nik "the carnie" Lentz to the main event of a card.

give him back the other av, mods

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Bluedeanie posted:

The trick is to assume from the get-go he's going to poo poo the bed and freeze up. That way he can only meet or exceed expectations.

That's my assumption with everything in life. Just assume it's all going to be lame then you're either happy that you were right all along, or happy that you were wrong.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
whats the story behind that conor pick? I always assumed he was faithful to his girl (maybe thats his girl lol)

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Jst0rm posted:

whats the story behind that conor pick? I always assumed he was faithful to his girl (maybe thats his girl lol)

he went to a strip club and paid a woman to dance on his lap. PM me if you want to know more about this activity.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

-Atom- posted:

he went to a strip club and paid a woman to dance on his lap. PM me if you want to know more about this activity.

Why would he go to a strip club when he could be a software developer instead?! Idiot!

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Jst0rm posted:

Showing off his strip club posture

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
conors annoying because of how much he enjoys attention, to me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He only went to the strip club to observe human movement, he's a keen scholar.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Conor loves the pussy

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I guess no bouncer would try to keep him from touching the girls.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
BJ Penn stood really straight so as not to offend any goons that might have attended his after party.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Mr. Nice! posted:

He tried to scam some people on SA-Mart and was permabanned

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=103205

A funny poster was lost to the allure of spending nine years building an Internet forum reputation worth enough to scam someone for literal tens of dollars.

He did have medical problems. Is anyone sure he didn't die?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Women's MMA is truly catching up to Men's MMA

https://instagram.com/p/8R8PekA00r/

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

kensei posted:

My favorite comment: "Hey Bec! Lol it would be cool if you let your hair grow in just a lil inside the tat. And Shave around. realistic"

:bigtran:

Paige's Instagram meanwhile
https://instagram.com/p/8R1nXyQIP3/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conor's an idiot, she's over his shoulder not on his lap. He ought to get a refund. :colbert:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Shoulder dances are the big new thing in all the euro trash clubs, I can't believe we uncultured Americans are still getting lap dances. It's embarrassing tbh

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
PM sent, Atom

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

quote:

"It's too soon to talk about a title shot now. This is the time to restart. It doesn't matter what's my number in the rankings, I need to restart, analyze what I'm doing, my training and properly get ready for my next camp. That's my goal now. I can't stop to think. Every fight is a new story, a new training camp. Everything I've won so far won't matter and the same goes for everything I've lost."

As for who he would like to face in this new stage of his career, there already is one name in his mind: Michael Bisping.

"I think he's a great fighter. He comes from some wins. I'd like to test my style against his. I have nothing personal against him. I'm a professional and I believe he has that professional behavior, too. I want to show my work and see how my game fits his. He's been in the UFC for a long time and always among the top guys. It would be interesting to fight him."

On a long enough timeline, everyone must call out Bisping

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Street Horrrsing posted:

who is this

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
With no context I assume Anderson

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Daniel Cormier going hard to try and sell UFC 192. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/1/9436123/daniel-cormier-believes-alexander-gustafsson-is-overrated

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

kensei posted:

It's just cool how Rawlings keeps doing exactly what someone with an overactive class prejudice would expect her to.

gently caress off, Paige.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gus is overrated

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Street Horrrsing posted:

I like how you post a call out, with out saying who said it. That way we can imagine every ufc fighter speaking those words.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Gustaffson is overrated and has a lot of flaws in his game, which at 205 means hes only good enough to be a consistently top 3 guy, go a close 5 rounds with the best fighter to ever be in the division and has a good chance of beating the current champ

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
WOLF TICKETS

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153558601176276

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

Gustaffson is overrated and has a lot of flaws in his game, which at 205 means hes only good enough to be a consistently top 3 guy, go a close 5 rounds with the best fighter to ever be in the division and has a good chance of beating the current champ

Yep. He would probably have as much success at heavyweight too, as would Rumble and Jones and obviously Cormier.

The thing that has hurt Gustafsson the most are the injuries. Going back to early 2013 he was supposed to have had fights with Mousasi, Lil Nog, and Glover but all of them got cancelled (mostly due to Gus pulling out). Had those fights happen Gus would have had a much better record than 1-2 going into his fight with DC this weekend.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

My apologies, I was phone posting and thought the quote included who was saying it. Machida called out bisping.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

I'm surprised how small DC looks compared to Rashad. Seems like he could fight at middleweight.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

“I’m faster. I’m stronger. I’m more agile. I’ve got better footwork. I’ve got better footwork. I’ve got better boxing. I’m hungrier,” Woodley (15-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) said on Wednesday after a workout in Houston, where he meets Hendricks (17-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC) at Toyota Center on the pay-per-view main card. “I haven’t tasted a world title – I don’t know how the belt feels around my waist. I think I have that competitive edge.”

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Woodley is hungrier, because he diets more than Hendricks. Because he's not fat and he doesn't own a steak house.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Excerpt from Mark Hunt's book:

It had been an old-guard final, but there were two new fighters on the scene, who were knocked out in the early rounds, who would represent what K-1 would soon become. Those men were Bob Sapp – a 180-kilogram former NFL player who looks like a huge condom crammed full of walnuts

I didn't realize that was an actual phrase.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

origami posted:

Excerpt from Mark Hunt's book:

It had been an old-guard final, but there were two new fighters on the scene, who were knocked out in the early rounds, who would represent what K-1 would soon become. Those men were Bob Sapp – a 180-kilogram former NFL player who looks like a huge condom crammed full of walnuts

I didn't realize that was an actual phrase.

The way you've quoted it makes it sound like Hunt regards Sapp as two men. Which is fair.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I really want Tyron to beat Hendricks, because I want to see what kind of whines Hendricks would give.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I really want Tyron to beat Hendricks, because I want to see what kind of whines Hendricks would give.
prepare an alternate wishlist because with the way Rory MacDonald handled Woodley he's not going to have anything for Hendricks but a puncher's chance (which Hendricks also has)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Embedded #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRpGFWQPJA

Rashad around the 6 minute mark is definitely the highlight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

prepare an alternate wishlist because with the way Rory MacDonald handled Woodley he's not going to have anything for Hendricks but a puncher's chance (which Hendricks also has)

I would actually be pretty interested to see Rory fight Hendricks once his skull/face is in fewer pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Goddamn I loving love Markuh Hunto.

yeh

• Locked thread