Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

his run-up to the gsp fight was cool as hell and he legitimately beat everyone in that division for like 2 years

He has been avenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Discuss it further in the gdt

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744808&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 193 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 2, 2015

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Le Saboteur posted:

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 194 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

Holy poo poo, you aren't kidding

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Le Saboteur posted:

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 194 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

:agreed: that's pretty cool. another million+ buys guaranteed, imo.

I wish they could do one for Robbie Lawler and Carlos Condit just growing up kind of chill and ordinary with this insatiable bloodlust looming underneath but that wouldn't make a very cinematic promo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also that promo managed to make Holly Holm actually look like an imposing bad rear end so good on them.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I'm really glad Joanna Champion's fight is on that card too, because she deserves a look from all the eyeballs that Ronda's gonna be bringing in.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Le Saboteur posted:

That could double as the trailer for her autobiographical movie, great stuff.

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'm really glad Joanna Champion's fight is on that card too, because she deserves a look from all the eyeballs that Ronda's gonna be bringing in.

Joanna Champion going to rearrange another face and get mad paid.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How is Ronda going to be able to deal with being the star of a hollywood production about her life if being misrepresented on TUF drove her mad for a while? Somehow I doubt it's going to be a zach snyder/watchmen style recreation of the boom.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Le Saboteur posted:

You do mean UFC 193. 194 is Aldo vs McGregor and you scared me for a bit.
Also, is there a mirror available I can't load it up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How is Ronda going to be able to deal with being the star of a hollywood production about her life if being misrepresented on TUF drove her mad for a while? Somehow I doubt it's going to be a zach snyder/watchmen style recreation of the boom.

She's had a few years of spending time on real Hollywood sets and getting used to the constant media attention. She's definitely gotten a lot better at presenting herself to the public. Plus the reality TV format almost never makes anyone look good. Add into that Meisha Tate and her crew openly trying to provoke her camp into doing something stupid and it's no wonder she hated TUF. These days she's friends with people like the Rock and Vin Diesel and they've probably shown her a lot of the ropes to staying relatively sane with that kind of attention.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

Woodley shouldnt ever get close to a title shot, every time he gets on a win streak he should have to face someone like a Rory macdonald who will gently caress him up and expose how bad he is by jabbing him, so this sucks
Sagely Nods

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

You do mean UFC 193. 194 is Aldo vs McGregor and you scared me for a bit.
Also, is there a mirror available I can't load it up.

You're right there, fixed that up, don't know of any mirrors. I don't know if this like debuted on the Ellen Show or something because thats the link Dana retweeted out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
She was talking to Rogan or somebody about how she would have walked off that show if it wasn't for the fighters and she felt trapped. I'm guessing they weren't exactly being demanding of her schedule for FAST FURIOSO.

Starring in your own biopic sounds like TUF on steroids.

Edit : redditor is probably right, its been a while since then and TUF is probably produced by lame people.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"I'm not locked in this octagon with you," Kevin James said as he barfed onto Mayhem Miller's face. "YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!!!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 193 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

Those girls they had to play young Rousey look so much like her it's unreal.

It's cool that Ronda got Holly Holm an acting gig to help her out after the fight but I don't think murder victim is a good first role to have on the resume.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Aurain posted:

it's her sister, apparently.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Aurain posted:

It's cool that Ronda got Holly Holm an acting gig to help her out after the fight but I don't think murder victim is a good first role to have on the resume.

I'd swear one of the younger versions of Ronda had to be her younger sister. They look a lot alike.

And Intel the whole model for reality tv is to exploit everyone with a camera seeing everything. Ronda's been pretty open about being emotional but there is that and then there is some dude in sweatpants holding a camera shoving a lense in your face while you cry. I remember a shot in TUF where one of the cameras found Roxy curled up behind a wall in the garden because nowhere else in the house was private and the dude just hovers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

it's her sister, apparently.

Trast posted:

I'd swear one of the younger versions of Ronda had to be her younger sister. They look a lot alike.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Re: "the people walking around at 185-90 are fighting at 155" - didn't GSP claim that he walked around at 185 to fight at 170?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
He did, and he was a pretty average sized welter. I think he may have gotten a little heavier post knee injury

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Team takedown rules, Johny rules, making Robbie pull up on johnys arms to defend against the fence was a great strategy similar to what gsp did to bj and it worked really well, bendo stinks

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Yelp reviews for Johny's steakhouse are getting good today. https://twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/status/650026442227613696

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the only good thing woodley ever did was let marquardt slam dunk his face with a cool combo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

"I'm not locked in this octagon with you," Kevin James said as he barfed onto Mayhem Miller's face. "YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!!!"

I like this post

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

To me it's funny that he made gsp retire in fear and then instantly became a fat lazy whiner

Yeah

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Foul Fowl posted:

the only good thing woodley ever did was let marquardt slam dunk his face with a cool combo

How soon we forget

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

CarlCX posted:

How soon we forget

When did Jon Jones fight Koscheck?! That dude is just rangy as hell!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! I'm coming in hard! - the poo that made johny hendricks not able to fight

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Le Saboteur posted:

Wow, this rules

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Was just thinking, I wonder if UFC Embedded camera crews were with Hendricks when his body died and he had to be rushed to the ER.

mewse
May 2, 2006

They probably didn't have a camera with the correct attachments needed to film his colon

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Le Saboteur posted:

The UFC has been on their promo game for 2015.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman
Rampage is streaming some games right now, he's hilarious as always

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

raingwc posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman
Rampage is streaming some games right now, he's hilarious as always

RAMPAGE IN A DOMINO MASK IN THE BACK OF A MONSTER PICKUP TRUCK: Don't say nothin' to me, Rashad. Don't say nothin' to me, Rashad

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Daniel Cormier out her cutting heel promos.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Re: "the people walking around at 185-90 are fighting at 155" - didn't GSP claim that he walked around at 185 to fight at 170?

According to Firas Zahabi, GSP was walking at 185 for most of his career but towards the end they put specific work in to putting on more muscle, and around the time he fought shields he was 195 or so.

GSP is also probably way more assiduous than most fighters about working out and staying lean in between camps.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

GSP is also probably way more assiduous than most fighters about working out and staying lean in between camps.

OCD: World's Best Steroid?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

alien abductions and horrible torture are the best bases for fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yeah baby

• Locked thread