Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Uriah Hall just makes me anxious now because I'm just waiting for him to let us all down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

-Atom- posted:

he went to a strip club and paid a woman to dance on his lap. PM me if you want to know more about this activity.

Why would he go to a strip club when he could be a software developer instead?! Idiot!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Daniel Cormier going hard to try and sell UFC 192. http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/1/9436123/daniel-cormier-believes-alexander-gustafsson-is-overrated

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ditch posted:

Embedded #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRpGFWQPJA

Rashad around the 6 minute mark is definitely the highlight.

Back when Dana had some hair and hadn't put on his accent yet.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

evil spiff posted:

Somebody with a good Fight IQ(TM) tell me why Gustaffason will lose. I've only seen his recent card appearances, and he looked solid to me. Not that DC isn't, but I'm stupid.

Mentally weak, gets hit a lot and is often controlled on the ground. The only thing he's really got on DC is range and DC didn't have too much trouble getting in on Jones. He may not have the power of Rumble but he's still going to tag Gus quite a bit before bringing him down to the ground.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

acai moonsault posted:

Hendricks vs Woodley is off the card due to Hendricks weight cut issues. - @danawhite

hahaha are you loving serious, kick Hendricks out of the goddamn division.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The blockage was a lovely steak.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ditch posted:

Hendricks was interviewed yesterday and said he was 183-184, and that he was confident that he'd make weight.

Welp,

2 days to cut like 15 pounds. That is goddamn ridiculous.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 193 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 2, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also that promo managed to make Holly Holm actually look like an imposing bad rear end so good on them.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

You do mean UFC 193. 194 is Aldo vs McGregor and you scared me for a bit.
Also, is there a mirror available I can't load it up.

You're right there, fixed that up, don't know of any mirrors. I don't know if this like debuted on the Ellen Show or something because thats the link Dana retweeted out.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Yelp reviews for Johny's steakhouse are getting good today. https://twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/status/650026442227613696

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

CarlCX posted:

How soon we forget

When did Jon Jones fight Koscheck?! That dude is just rangy as hell!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Was just thinking, I wonder if UFC Embedded camera crews were with Hendricks when his body died and he had to be rushed to the ER.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Daniel Cormier out her cutting heel promos.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yesterday taught me that LHW should just be rotating fights of DC, Jon Jones, and Gustaffson in some configuration forever.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sage and Colbey are very kid born in the late 90s names.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Meowbot posted:

DC vs GUstaffson was a good fight but I went to bloodyelbow earlier and they were saying it was a FOTY candidate ... how soon do we forget robbie vs rory

Those are like the number 1 and number 2 best fights of the year. How you place them is up to you.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

david carmichael posted:

iirc every single fight on the robbie/rory card was better than dc/gus

Get the gently caress out of here.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'm very much looking forward to the second DC/Jones fight. DC seems a lot less easy to break mentally now.

He does need to figure out a way to neutralize those knees from tall dudes though. And even he admits he needs to work on his takedown defence.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

tesilential posted:

It's very hard to win a round if you lost 4 minutes of it. In fact I would say the opponent would literally have to have been saved by the bell to pull it off. That wasn't the case here IIRC.

Edit: Gus will continue to keep losing close decisions like the Jones and DC fights if he keeps turning his back and running away multiple times in the fight, and I'm cool with that. Also Gus sat back and did nothing for the last 20 seconds of the fourth and fifth even though he was the guy who needed to put a stamp on the rounds. He practically threw it away.

Thats really what was winning DC the championship rounds, he was always pushing forward and always at least attempting to put a stamp on the end of the round.

So the judge that scored it for Gus gave him Round 2, 3, 4. I can see giving 3 to Gus. Even though Gus got 6 more significant strikes (Gus was outstruck in all ways in every other round) in Round 4 he also spent a poo poo ton of that round turning his back on DC and running away, and DC turned it up at the end of the round. As for 2, the judge clearly put a lot of weight into the takedown Gus had as everything else in that round was equal otherwise and the takedown he did get DC immediately stood up from so I can also see why the other judges didn't see much in it. In terms of control in round 2 Gustaffson had 26 seconds vs DC having 25 so should the takedown make any difference on the cards, I don't know.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sprecherscrow posted:

All three judges gave Gus 2.

You're not wrong there, its definitely a very interesting score card to look over and think about.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

1st AD posted:

I have Gus round 2 as well.

Really the rounds that seems to be in dispute are 3 and 4, and the judges were coin flipping those rounds too. Any score from 49-46 Cormier to 48-47 Gustafsson seems reasonable to me.

I don't think that DC was nearly finished in round 3 though. He got hurt, dropped, then got back up. I definitely see where someone would give it to Gus, but DC was winning every exchange and landing more shots before that. I had that one 10-10.

The folks on MMAFighting.com are up in arms about round 3 when honestly DC got dropped and immediately got up and smartly reacted and grabbed the single and worked his way back up to throwing punches. Its hard to put THAT much stock in the knockdown when that was the result.

If Gus kept on the ground and stayed dominant I could see scoring the round for him maybe. But yeah I think one of the better score cards would be 10-9, 9-10, 10-10, 10-9, 10-9 for a DC win with 49-47. Hell I could see that fight being a 48-48 draw on a card.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Did the Rumble punch come after an eyepoke or am I fantasising

It did, and the crack that punch made when it connected was nuts.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Will Bader's head pop off if he runs into Rumble's right like he did into Machida's?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

He's probably got a Google alert so he only needs to log in when he gets the email letting him know it's happened.

I notice The Master is listed under his nicknames right now and I'm not sure if thats a real thing or someone just adding in some crap. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Bader

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Conor was right!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

CM Punk killed Roufusport.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Good to see that John Dodson is moving up to 135. The Dillashaw rematch is money.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

How many more years does Sage Northcutt's face stay pretty.

He gonna look like Joe Riggs in under a decade.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cyber Dog posted:

Sage Northcutt on his MMA hero:

“I like Georges St-Pierre a lot...He’s ripped; he’s lean. He’s a fighter I’ve looked up to and watched since I was little, growing up.”

He just makes writing this fan fic so easy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

What the gently caress. Some loser pushed Filthy Tom out of the top 15?! And Tom is coming off a win over the a ranked LHW. Rankings are goddamn ridiculous.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Performance art.

He gets KO'd like he's a glitch in EA UFC.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The Dark Lord can't be stopped and Stipe got his tail between his legs.

Also that sucks because it already makes a fairly tiny card at 12 fights cut down to 11.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Would be cool to see Big Ben beat the poo poo out of Travis Browne or something.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hah, Matt Mittrione wants a rematch.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Matt Mitrione really needs to get the talk Joe Rogan gave Schaub.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That Big Ben KO is one of the most brutal knockouts I've ever seen in terms of the effect on the victim. It looked like he was trying to wrestle angels or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My fav was when Dodson hit Jonny Bedford so hard on TUF he forgot what state he was in.

Dodson has cool rear end KOs including the one of Dillashaw where he turned him into a marionette.

• Locked thread