Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
BJ Penn "stands up" for what's right, by announcing to the public his intentions to punch and kick a guy because of another, different guy who buys broccoli for people for a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
JOURNALIST: BJ, BJ over here. You've had a storied career, and the last story of it was that you stood around like a loving idiot getting your rear end beat while imagining yourself in some kind of invisible torture rack designed to stretch you to the proportions of Semmy Schilt for reasons that nobody understood or cared about. With that in mind, what does this fight with Nik Lentz mean for that story?

BJ Penn sits motionless with no expression as the frilly little tablecloth covering the front of the lovely tables on the stage at the MGM Grand parts directly in front of his groin to reveal a Punch and Judy puppet show where both puppets are Roy Jones Jr.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm surprised more people don't have kidney stones from weight cutting practices but equally it's really funny that the headline is Hendricks rushed to hospital due to dehydration, kidney stones, and also some really hard poo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! I'm coming in hard! - the poo that made johny hendricks not able to fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

raingwc posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/rampageishuman
Rampage is streaming some games right now, he's hilarious as always

RAMPAGE IN A DOMINO MASK IN THE BACK OF A MONSTER PICKUP TRUCK: Don't say nothin' to me, Rashad. Don't say nothin' to me, Rashad

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

nature is magnificent

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
quietly appreciating how quaint the thought "man, that's a bit strange" was when Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz was announced and the weirdest thing at that point was the matchup, which has since snowballed into the actual fight, the aftermath, Nick Diaz receiving competent legal advice, strong blue dick water from Thailand, and inevitably having to explain who Nick Diaz is to my mom because of Cher

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
                              CHER

They say we're young and we don't know.
         We won't find out until we grow.
           ♪

NICK DIAZ

♪        Well I don't know if all that's true
              'Cause you got me
[Nick begins staring off to the side of the camera] up here like some kind of caged animal or whatever, it's like, i'm up here for this bullshit again being prodded for their amusement in their little kangaroo court with their microphones and people where i'm from don't do that poo poo, so it kind of puts me at a disadvantage having to come here, you know if we coulda done this in lodi where i know where the whole foods is and how to get around it might be different

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only asses in mma are the extremely large samoan one that crushed wanderlei silva and tyson griffin's because joe rogan wanted to kiss it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the story is that hendricks' camp were worried he was too big during his camp/cut and got him a phone consultation with a nutritionist and the guy was like "whoa man don't just starve yourself, you need to eat to survive" and hendricks held up his ear horn and said "what's that sonny? you say i need to eat?" and started eating even more

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the story is that hendricks' camp were worried he was too big during his camp/cut and got him a phone consultation with a nutritionist and the guy was like "whoa man don't just starve yourself, you need to eat to survive" and hendricks held up his ear horn and said "what's that sonny? you say i need to eat?" and started eating even more

found it http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/coach-explains-johny-hendricks-ufc-192-weight-issues

quote:

Ramirez said he believes a call with a nutritionist could be partly to blame for Hendricks never properly adjusting his diet during camp.

“One of the owners of our management team had called, and he had talked to a nutritionist,” Ramirez said. ” … I had never been familiar with him up until we spoke. But our management arranged a conference call with (him), whom we’d never met, and he’d never met Johny. We got on the conference call, and I had a couple concerns, because if you don’t know Johny and know his lifestyle, I feel like you can’t really comment on how much he needs to be eating.

“He was pretty much telling Johny that he should increase his meals because Johny was telling him that he was feeling run down after his training, which is fine. I’m not blaming (him) or anything like that. But I think after that conference call, Johny took what he said and justified that he should start eating more and increasing his calories. Johny isn’t a certified nutritionist or anything like that. He was just taking this guy’s word for it. I think that might have caused a couple issues in the middle of camp.”

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe he can get knocked out doing stunts in jackass

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
even brendan schaub's reptilian brain wanted to hug ben rothwell for knocking out brendan schaub. it's cute.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this dog poo poo is white and dry, but at least it doesn't do this thing where it pretends to have interpersonal conflicts with the other dog shits awkwardly

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Charles Gnarwin posted:

This is going to be awkward because the main job of the White House press corps is spinning poo poo.

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_A9MXZ9zAE

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
in life's most intimate and precious moments, johny hendricks remains clutching a burger menu at all times https://sqor.com/posts/79a68375-d729-47c3-b88b-e7e5c04fcfc9

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[greg jackson voice] hey john! john! johny hendricks! johny hendricks! god damnit. johny, go hug your wife

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

the man owns, folks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Killed Harold Ramis too.

you will find that you are confusing two very different words

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bundt Cake posted:

any other mma fighters have failing bowels

drew mcfedries and john hathaway have bum poopers

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bean Fried posted:

Yo, buy Mark Hunt's book.

This is after Pride had been loving with Mark Hunt on his contract, right after his win over Wanderlei no less:

lmfao at effete human ken doll sakakibara trying to intimidate mark hunt and it immediately costing him 400k

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
fighter of the year is dan henderson for having a fight where not only did he win but at no point in the process did he look like he was going to die and make you feel sad and uncomfortable. he's only a year younger than sakuraba folks, give generously this christmas.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

I guess you forgot the Mousasi fight. I'm p sure he did too.

yeah i'm just saying in addition to having one of those fights, he also had one where he didn't get smashed. next he goes into the temporal paradox lionosaur's den to get hit repeatedly, yet he will still be fighter of the year.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
all this mma stunt casting in feature films is getting out of hand

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheRationalRedditor posted:

didn't Sadollah transition from fighting to one of those goodwill ambassador roles because he couldn't stop getting injured?

he was forrest griffin jr. for a while but then got his rear end kicked by human Distressed Leather Couch akiyama and now is unemployed

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's admirable how utterly worthless the reebok deal has been for almost all parties involved

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the only fight i'm aware of happening is kawajiri losing to a teenage bosnian on fight pass some time soon

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

It's pretty cool how Stipe Miocic pulled out of the Rothwell fight last week, he apologized, Rothwell was understanding, then the Tsunami of Rothwell this morning said "Rothwell vs Arlovski for Jan 2nd. I want this fight to happen, that card needs a Co-main. Why not Stipe? Cuz I'll train and waste another 2 months of my life only to have his back go out again. Andrei shows up to fight "

and now Andrei Arlovski vs. Stipe Miocic will be co-main event at UFC 195 Jan. 2 in Las Vegas.

I know nobody else cares about this poo poo, but this, this is what I live for.

hahahahaha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Try Black Ice

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the luck of the irish continues unimpeded

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Charles Gnarwin posted:

When the Seoul show happens, Reebok is definitely going to put DPRK on Bendo's jersey.

Korea is One and Dokdo is Korean territory.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think the opposite, I think somebody should put tons of effort into a GDT as if they were hyped up for a year end title fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bluedeanie posted:

Hey dunc I've got a theme for this GDT but I like yours too so if you wanna jump on it go for it. Also in the absence of goonweight let's take bets on how many pages it gets, I say three.

i have so many words to write about important things that i couldn't even if i wanted to, which i don't. have a blast.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Wanderlei obviously suffered a physical decline due to his chin getting smashed up so much and going from an infinite to a moderate roid regimen, but to me his biggest issue is the fact that boxing in MMA progressed massively during the span of his career but his hands stayed firmly in the 1990s vale tudo box. His arms just affix themselves at an angle and he swings backwards and forwards, and the massive gap directly in front of his face led to him getting plunked by every decent straight punch thrown at him as soon as he couldn't recover from them anymore.

And when you talk about the guy's chin, you gotta remember that he got dropped by Sakuraba, it didn't take much to take his wheels out from under him, he just recovered quick and had a lot of chute boxe adhd medication to get him back up.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

-Atom- posted:

hell fuckin' yeah

the man is right yet again

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

can somebody post the gif please

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Without going back to review it, wasn't Rashad's KO of Chuck an uppercut, not a ROH?

you're probably thinking about how goldberg was waiting for rashad to get ko'd so he was busy narrating what chuck was doing and excitedly yells "BIG UPPERCUT" at the moment chuck gets obliterated instead

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

nature is magnificent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
keven your new avatar is simply wonderful. if i may be so bold i would like to suggest your next one should be a looping gif of matt lindland rubbing his hands together like scrooge mcduck from his campaign ad.

• Locked thread