Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for September, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 19 14.50%
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 39 29.77%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 7 5.34%
:wotwot: Ethan Carter III (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 8 6.11%
:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 4 3.05%
:goku: Hirooki Goto (FORMER IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 1 0.76%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 14 10.69%
:chloe: THESE are the options? (None of the Above) 39 29.77%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last month, the Mexican Death held sway over all, when Mil Muertes and his phenomenal performance at Ultima Lucha earned him the votes to become champion over other favorites like Jay Lethal, Okada, and Seth Rollins. But due to the nature of how Lucha Underground airs, we are now in a hiatus period (season 2 has been confirmed though, hoorah!) and so Mil will not feature on this month's poll. So we WILL have a new champion this month. Some other champions have dropped off this month as well due to a combination of a lack of votes/interest and title defenses. Though I was BEGGED to include the NOAH Champion on the list, I did not because the shows are still not easily accessible live for anybody outside of Japan.

Now it is time to see who was our Champion for the month of September. To be eligible, a wrestler needs to have held any of the currently accepted title belts for at least one day of the month OR had at least one title defense since becoming Champion. This means if someone wins the title on the last day of the month and defends it that night, they're eligible, and if they win the title on the first day of the month and don't defend it at all, they're eligible. The only case where someone won't be eligible is if they win the title on the last day of the month and don't defend it. Please note that belts for promotions such as PWG haven't been included in monthly polls so far because not only can months go by where the Champion doesn't defend their belt, but where the Champion doesn't make an appearance or even do a promo about his title. If you feel this is inaccurate and you are willing to provide me with links/information etc on a monthly basis showing why your favorite promotion's Champion is actively doing stuff as champ and deserves to be on the poll, then I'm happy to change this stance. Also, given some of the things that have been said over the last few months, the monthly "None of the Above" option is now just as valid a "winner" as any other Champion. If enough people truly feel none of the current Champions deserve a vote, that will be reflected in the final results.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone - Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread!

:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - Seth had a very bad month, a very very bad month.... but he came out of it still as WWE Champion. Taunted by Sting and John Cena, he lost the US Title to Cena at Night of Champions, and then was forced to defend his WWE Title against Sting immediately afterwards... and even got AAed onto the floor by Cena before the match started. Seth was able to beat Sting (with Sting getting badly injured in the process but finishing the match) and many people were impressed with his performance.... but he didn't exactly come across like the best guy in the company. The rest of the month didn't go much better, as he was stalked by THE DEMON KANE and frustrated by Director of Operations Kane, and doesn't really seem to be getting the backing of the Authority as much as he once did. But put him in the ring and let him wrestle, and right up until the ending of the match he'll absolutely deliver the goods..... and then the booking takes over.

:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - Jay Lethal had a far better month, as he too defended both his US and World Titles in one night at All Star Extravaganza.... and won! Retaining both titles, Jay defeated Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly. It wasn't without controversy though, when Adam Cole's long teases of a face turn and return to his old stable proved to be a fake-out, as he attacked Kyle O'Reilly, allowing Lethal to hit the Lethal Injection and retain his title. It might not have been clean, but Lethal kept both his belts and proved once again that he is the Best in the World.

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Okada has a big match coming up this month with AJ Styles, but for September he was only involved in multi-man tags, all involving various members of The Bullet Club. Come his title defense, I fully expect to see yet another incredible MOTY performance, but it wasn't exactly a month to recommend Okada as Champion of the Month.... but maybe you disagree, after all he is incredible!

:wotwot: Ethan Carter III (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - With TNA seemingly finally on its last legs (to be fair, the same has been said for many years) Ethan Carter III has been building towards perhaps their final PPV - Bound for Glory - where he will defend the TNA World Title against Drew Galloway. In the buildup, he's been defending the TNA Title in "Road to Bound for Glory" shows, as well as against Kimo at Big Time Wrestling's Fall Uprising event. But the big match (perhaps the FINAL match) will be against Galloway at Bound for Glory, so for now your options are to decide to vote for ECIII or not based on how he's attempted to prove the value of a World Title at a very dark time for his promotion.

:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - This month Shingo Takagi was involved in multi-man matches with no title defenses, taking part in the promotion's Summer Adventure Tag League. Like with New Japan, there are times where the promotion will focus on different aspects - junior champions, tag champions, tournaments etc - and it sometimes makes it harder to vote for a Champion no matter how good he is or how good the matches he is part of turn out to be. As always, the choice is yours whether a lack of title defenses matters to you.

:goku: Hirooki Goto (FORMER IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Goto proved himself a choker yet again, as after a long period without title defenses due to the G1 Climax, he defended his IC Belt yet against Shinsuke Nakamura.... and lost! Poor Goto, poor choking Goto.

:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Nakamura won back HIS Intercontinental Title once again, beating Goto and getting it back in a match that was, as always, excellent. But many have questioned WHY Nakamura yet again, while others have pointed out that you'd want the top possible guy for New Japan's biggest shows of the year, including Wrestle Kingdom. But then why give the belt to Goto at all? At least the arrival of Karl Anderson at the end of the match set up an intriguing and somewhat fresh match-up for Nakamura going forward.

:chloe: THESE are the options? (None of the Above) - If you think the options this month are nowhere near worthy of your vote, express your disdain or disinterest by voting None of the Above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
slim pickins this month

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Went with Lethal but this was a pretty meh month overall

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Lethal's the only real option here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

slim pickins this month

It's been a while since I looked at all the options and said,"I don't really wanna vote for any of these guys this month." :smith:

For me, Lethal basically gets my vote more by default than anything else.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

None of the above because the only sensible answer this month is Minoru Suzuki. I guess you could vote for Nakamura if you HAVE to go with one of the available choices since he won his title in a good match without looking weak or like an idiot.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish they'd put the Noah shows up on New Japan World, even if they weren't live but like a day or two later. It sounds like Suzuki has been doing amazing heeling over there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I wish they'd put the Noah shows up on New Japan World, even if they weren't live but like a day or two later. It sounds like Suzuki has been doing amazing heeling over there.

It's on Dailymotion for free, so even cheapskates and broke people have no excuse to miss it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38026h_minoru-suzuki-c-vs-takashi-suigura-noah_sport

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
get your daily dose of minoru suzuki courtesy of dailymotion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Japan owns at least part of the promotion now, right? It would be nice if they were putting that content on New Japan World, even if it isn't the archives and just the stuff they've done since getting involved. Yeah we can track down the stuff on Dailymotion eventually, but it sure as hell isn't as easy as just being able to watch it officially.

The Dragon Gate stuff is at least available through WWNLive or something, isn't it? I have to admit that I don't watch it and just assumed it was running on some form of easily accessible official channel via Dragon Gate USA?

Edit: Anyway, Suzuki will be on the year end poll regardless, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a good number of votes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SylvainMustach posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they cant add noah content to njpw world due to existing broadcasting contracts with noah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

minoru suzuki posted:

they cant add noah content to njpw world due to existing broadcasting contracts with noah

Hopefully we'll see more Suzuki-gun branded shows so they have an excuse to basically put a NOAH show on World.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So it sounds to me like Nakamura deserves my vote, since he won his title back and is generally awesome as hell.

YEAOH

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The Dragon Gate stuff is at least available through WWNLive or something, isn't it? I have to admit that I don't watch it and just assumed it was running on some form of easily accessible official channel via Dragon Gate USA?

Haha, I wish :smith:

You have to go through the hassle of using NicoNico, though unlike NOAH it is at least possible to watch live outside of Japan. I've seldom been in the position to put forth the effort to do so since I'm not as big a DG fan as I am of NJPW and their last two big shows ran against the G1 opener and Final.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

minoru suzuki posted:

Yeah but have they considered how this inconveniences me personally? That should be the number one factor all businesses take into consideration at all times. :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

you have to buy Dragon Gate shows through niconico or wait 2 or 3 weeks for them to show up on dailymotion. Dragon Gate USA hasn't run a show in about a year and a half and their titles were quietly retired. It's been even longer since DG guys regularly worked in the US. Tozawa did a one-shot appearance with PWG a couple months back but before that I can't remember the last time I saw one of their guys in another promotion

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 1, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dragon Gate's been pulling their shows off line recently. Well not Dragon Gate itself, just the tv channel its on. Side note, I forgot who won this poll last time.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
EC3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And yet his poll number currently sits at zero :crossarms:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

None of the above because the only sensible answer this month is Minoru Suzuki. I guess you could vote for Nakamura if you HAVE to go with one of the available choices since he won his title in a good match without looking weak or like an idiot.

"I'm not that excited about New Japan right now." - Dave Meltzer

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
voting none of the above for the first time in a while

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lethal like always is the only sensible vote.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Mukaikubo posted:

voting none of the above for the first time in a while

Seconded. Awesome match, awesome feel-good ending, awesome champion.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I vote None of the Above whenever Sasha and/or Bayley completely stole the show, so basically every month since Sasha became champ (though once it was for KO killing A-Ri)

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
None, been a weak month

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bailey is not a world champion.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The NXT Women's championship is more prestigious than the TNA World Championship.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Agreed. Take TNA off the poll

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Take TNA off the poll

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Tbh I'd say to put it in the poll if only so there's an option to vote for women's wrestling, unless you plan on adding SHIMMER or something

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

SylvainMustach posted:

:chloe:'s the only real option here.

A garbage field of people who've been booked poorly & Nakamura, who only beat Goto because he always loses the big one.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I demand to know who is voting EC3 and...

oatgan posted:

Take TNA off the poll

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TNA probably should be off the poll after this month unless they actually start taping again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oatgan posted:

Take TNA off the poll

That's what I meant, yeah.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Replace the TNA title with the :911: title, probably

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Bailey is not a world champion.

What about in December? She's almost certainly defending it on the London Takeover show. So it will be a title that's been defended on multiple continents and nations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's a title on a developmental show, it's not a world title.

• Locked thread