Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

1. The Horror of Party Beach (1964) 3.5/5
2. Ghoulies 2 (1988) 2/5
3. The Clown Murders (1976) 3/5
4. Sundown (1989) 2.5/5
5. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) 4.5/5
6. At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul (1963) 5/5
7. Sledgehammer (1983) 3/5
8. Blue Sunshine (1977) 4/5
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 (1989) 3/5
10. Rock N' Roll Nightmare (1987) 3.5/5
11. Intercessor: Another Rock N' Roll Nightmare (2005) 2/5
12. The Crater Lake Monster (1977) 2/5
13. Critters 3 (1991) 3/5

14. The Monster Squad (1987) 5/5

"It's twenty minutes to midnight! If we pull this off, I'm gonna poo poo!"

What hasn't been said? Not going to lie, The Wolfman sold me on this one. And this movie would make an awesome double feature with Fright Night. That's some high praise.

Wait, how is Rock and Roll Nightmare only 1 1/2 higher than Rock and Roll Nightmare 2? Rock and Roll Nightmare is at least a movie. Intercessor is...something else. Evidence for some kind of diagnosis, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Night Train to Terror is A-plus material for sure. It's tied with Dungeonmaster for best 80s anthology made out of unfinished horror movies that star Richard Moll.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Day 5 - Rock 'n Roll Nightmare sure was a movie. Yep, definitely something that was shot with people saying lines in front of a camera and assembled the intention of telling a story.

A rock band goes to a house in the country to work on a new album. Once there, the devil seduces each of them in turn until the last one left alive is the writer/director/lead actor/band front man who faces the devil down in single combat.

I know this film is infamous for it's sheer camp value and it deserves every bit of that love. The goofy puppets, the weird stagey-ness of everything, the absolutely bonkers ending. Rock 'n Roll Nightmare was everything that I've heard it was and it was a great absurd ride from beginning to end. The low production quality looped around from terrible to actually being charming. It really does deserve its reputation as a kind of Plan 9 for the 80's.

Also, now I have to get that Rifftrax.

Tomorrow I'm watching another movie about a rock band that goes to a remote house to work on a new album where they're picked off by the devil one-by-one. But I suspect 2015's Demons (as opposed to about eight other movies called "Demons) isn't going to live up to Rock 'n Roll Nightmare.

Be sure to check out Zombie Nightmare to complete your 80s John Mikl Thor Canadian horror-with-the-word-nightmare-in-the-title experience.

• Locked thread