Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
#1 Creep

It's definitely a fun little picture. I love Duplass in the role, but it does distract from the character a little bit. There's really no build up, things are weird from the get go. There isn't that nice slow burn of things being kinda off. I think the most interesting part of the film is the cameraman himself. He often reacts to the events of the film in a similar way that the audience would, but the ending really undermines what understanding you might have had on him.

#2 Trick 'R Treat (Rewatch)

This movie really doesn't get old, and was a good hook for my girlfriend who's not been so hot on my favorite horror films like House of the Devil. One thing I really focused on this go around was jack o'lanterns. A motif of the film is that Jack O'Lanterns protect you from dark forces which is pretty heavily supported by the film. I started forming a theory that part of the reason that so much hosed up stuff happens this night is because the kid who destroyed all the Jack O'Lanterns. The protective force has been weakened.

But it's not totally consistent. Sam actually used Jack O'Lanterns and makes them spontaneously appear. But that makes sense for Jack O'Lanterns to have different rules for him. It's a little weird that the kids are able to attack Kreeg despite his porch being surrounded by Jack O'Lanterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Day 2 - The first Child's Play movie was pretty fun since everyone likes creepy dolls, but the premise went downhill fast with the sequels. Then they restarted the franchise in the self-aware horror period and those films were pretty good by being playfully campy. And then a few years ago they tried to do it again with Curse of Chucky and that was not very good.
Man, I really need to watch Child's Play 2 because I want to argue that it's probably the most enjoyable of the whole series. But I'm not sure if that's actually true. I just remember the main characters being likable, and the last set piece being a lot of fun.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Someone should make an edit of Jason Goes to Hell that is literally just that opening scene and credits and present it to someone who's never seen Jason Goes to Hell.

• Locked thread