Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The best thing about Corpse Party is that I have no idea if you mean this in a good way or a bad way

I hold the same opinion in a bad way. Still really looking forward to seeing more of this, there are already differences that are really piquing my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Binaural audio costs a fortune so I doubt that they could've afforded for this one.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I really don't get why they kept the character bios for that long. As much poo poo as I give this series it still manages to introduce the characters well in the intro. Not only are the bios unnecessary and screw with the pacing but they're also rarely correct.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I have to admit that turning bad pathing AI into a puzzle is really clever.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, there are scary games, and then there's this, which manages to just make you want to take a shower. It's really good stuff.

This is something that's been bothering me for a while now. There are few games that has made me as deeply uncomfortable as Corpse Party has but it's never the horror aspects that do it. Instead it's the stuff that's supposed to be cute or heartwarming. I'm not going to get into specifics because spoilers.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah, but they're spoilers for the PSP game and that's a no-no!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I actually really prefer this backstory to the PSP remake's one. Aside from the whole attempted rape thing. I dunno, I just really prefer the whole "no pretense, just a vengeful spirit summoning people at random" thing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

RPG Maker horror game is pretty much a genre at this point. Very few of them are actually good though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Well that sure was a thing! I can't say that I expected the spirit to be defeated by beating it to death with an iron lever.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

For all the gross decisions in Corpse PSParty, this story is way less interesting.

Not really, no. It's a lot simpler but it also has some thematic consistency. For the PSP remake it feels like they just threw in every idea they had, regardless of if they knew what to do with it, so it ends up being incredibly disjointed and the further along you go it becomes harder to care.

The duality of the spirit actually makes some sense here, and I love that she's just so pissed at humanity that she'll just pull random people into the space between spaces. The whole "teacher tried to rape her" thing is trying way too hard to be edgy and shocking though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That was a fairly unremarkable ending. At least compared to the last update. I did quite like the tunnel of light though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Yeah, they switched the good ghost role to a different character in the remake, which gives the girl in red less opportunities to be sympathetic. She's still meant to be a sympathetic character, but she's only really shown as a ruthless murderer and you're just sort of told she's actually OK deep down and you have to believe that

It's one of my main problem with the remake, aside from a lot of other things, they pretty much split the spirit's role into three different people with different backstories and none of them feel quite finished.

I was also fairly surprised that there weren't really any plot twists in the original. I thought they were compulsory in RPG Maker horror games.

• Locked thread