Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Choco1980 posted:

Creepy sex stuff is the best kind though...

I agree, but it should still come with a content advisory, in my humble opinion as Master of Screamemonies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well, I was planning to nap before the stream and risk missing the first film, guess I have to stay awake to make sure I get there for It Follows. Especially since I passed on getting the BR because of the paucity of special content.

(Oh and I totally rented a DVD of Bug today. It has a commentary. :munch:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
So.. Excision is pretty gross, yeah?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Dr.Caligari posted:

So.. Excision is pretty gross, yeah?

Yup, and it runs the gamut from funny to disturbing pretty well

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We are live in 30!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We're now here due to frame-droppage in ustream and connectcast.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 31, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm seeing all three streams as down, what's up

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm seeing all three streams as down, what's up

No idea what was going on there.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

No idea what was going on there.

It was that you had just switched from Twitch back to Ustream as I was going Ustream -> Connectcast -> Twitch

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok, so tonight is the last night of the Scream Stream! So we're going out with a bang!

Starting at 8:30 EST, tonight's features are...

The Item

and...

The Killer Eye 2, Halloween Haunt

Be there!

Wait a loving minute.

For real though! Tonight's the last night of the Scream Stream, but it's also Halloween night. So we're going with something special but also something more casual. Something you can drop in and out of while you hand out candy, or catch the tail end of as you return from a shindig with friends.

So we're starting at 5 PM EST this evening, and going til the deep dark hours of the night.

We're kicking off with...

Creepshow

followed by...

Creepshow 2

and then...

Nightmare on Elm Street /w Half in the Bag Commentary

and we're finishing the night with...

The WNUF Halloween Special

Also, all throughout the evening we'll be watching episodes of...

Eerie Indiana

I hope you'll join me in celebrating the spookiest night of the year!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
gently caress yeah, two new-to-me films (that seem appropriately cheesy) and some real classics. I am SO down.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Are you really showing The Item?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Choco1980 posted:

gently caress yeah, two new-to-me films (that seem appropriately cheesy) and some real classics. I am SO down.

Basically this

Back when I actually had a TV and cable Creepshow was one of my "watch it to the end no matter when I came in" movies.

Never heard of that last one on the list but I'm game

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I abso-fuckin-lutely LOVE the Creepshow movies, they started my love of portmanteau horror. I already loved Stephen King's short stories and seeing a bunch of them in movie form was rad. Some of the stories are weak here and there but still have this great cheesy charm. Don't expect to be scared watching Creepshow but it's still great fun in my opinion.

If you end up enjoying Creepshow, do yourselves a favour and check out some of Amicus' horror anthologies like Tales from the Crypt, Torture Garden, The House That Dripped Blood, Asylum, The Vault of Horror etc. Love Hammer? You'll love Amicus.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Watrick posted:

Are you really showing The Item?

The Item and Killer Eye are notoriously terrible, those two are intended as a joke and won't be shown.

OR WILL THEY???

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Sarchasm posted:

The Item and Killer Eye are notoriously terrible, those two are intended as a joke and won't be shown.

OR WILL THEY???

Oh, I've seen The Item, I just wasn't sure if it was for some MST style shenanigans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Item and The Killer Eye 2 will not be shown. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

You really don't want to see either of them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

whaaaa...?

You're breaking my heart here Lurdiak. You're breaking my heart. And here I was thinking I'd have time to hit 62 films this year...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's technically still enough time for you to watch both of these films before the stream starts if you find a good TOTALLY LEGAL download(iirc Killer Eye 2 is only 60 minutes), but I really wouldn't recommend it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lurdiak ruins halloween again...

:spooky:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Lurdiak ruins halloween again...

:spooky:

Yeah, thanks Lurdiak. The only thing I wanted from the stream was to watch The Item. Halloween is ruined.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Well, I'm not going to be able to make any of this, although odds are I'll be watching worse movies tonight. Thanks for hosting the stream and all, it's been real fun. Saw a bunch of good movies. And some really not good movies. But mostly some good movies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We're live in 10!

Gils posted:

Well, I'm not going to be able to make any of this, although odds are I'll be watching worse movies tonight. Thanks for hosting the stream and all, it's been real fun. Saw a bunch of good movies. And some really not good movies. But mostly some good movies.

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a bit of work putting these together, but it's worth it for the Halloween fun shared by all. :spooky:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Just a heads up for later streams: If Lurd wants to maintain a 2013 movie is a "real vhs just recovered", don't ask when he'll be dropping the gimmick in the chat. He doesn't like it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 1, 2015

Judge Holdren
Mar 30, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Just a heads up for later streams: If Lurd wants to maintain a 2013 movie is a "real vhs just recovered", don't ask when he'll be dropping the gimmick in the chat. He doesn't like it.

I guess I didn't get that memo...I got banned from chat for calling it a "movie" :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sorry guys, I just wanted to keep the magic real for people for whom it was a first viewing. :(

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Thanks for the ride, Lurdy!

Seriously though this was all great and you're great and tonight's stream was the most great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Creepshow 1 and 2 are the best movies ever for a goofy halloween stream. I think I'll probably stream them every year. Thanks for the kind words and for tuning in!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Thanks again for hosting what is quickly becoming one of my favorite halloween traditions Lurd. You really do a lot to make the holiday enjoyable.

besides your weird dog-killing fetish that is

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Creepshow 3 is a more enjoyable movie than Creepshow 1. Creepshow 1 has that Leslie Nielsen bit going for it, but other than that it is incredibly boring, whereas the sheer ineptitude of Creepshow 3 makes it hilarious and entertaining. So-bad-it's-good over mediocrity any day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Andrew Verse posted:

Creepshow 3 is a more enjoyable movie than Creepshow 1. Creepshow 1 has that Leslie Nielsen bit going for it, but other than that it is incredibly boring, whereas the sheer ineptitude of Creepshow 3 makes it hilarious and entertaining. So-bad-it's-good over mediocrity any day.

No.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah I haven't seen Creepshow 3 but everything about it screams Direct to Video.

Like, I like "bad" movies but even I have my limits that I won't cross.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Andrew Verse posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well, another October comes to a close, and with it, the Scream Stream. I'm glad I got new viewers this year, as well as returning friends from last year. We watched some good movies, and some terrible movies, and occasionally argued about which were which. I learned that modern horror has a lot of good stuff as well as the garbage haunting films, and I also learned that I hate movies that think they're clever when they're not.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in, even if it was only for a few nights, or even just part of one. I love Halloween, and this stream is my way of sharing that enthusiasm with others. It can be a lot of work, and I sometimes stress out over technical issues, but it's worth it for the spooky fun we all share. I really enjoyed the conversations we had in chat this year, lots of insightful and interesting remarks, both about films that were new to me and old favorites.

Oh, before I forget, those of you who thought the ads in WNUF were over the top and unbelievable might want to take a gander at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX497zuYkFs

Anyhoo, as fun as this stream was, I'm glad it's over so I can have free weekends again. I'll leave the thread open a little longer for anyone who wants to post their thoughts or pizza selfies, but for now the Scream Stream has to return to the darkness from whence it came, waiting for next October when it shall rise again!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Thanks for the stream, Lurdiak! Had a good time with the movies I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Been a great month. Thanks for all the work you put into it

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 2, 2015

• Locked thread