Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

Didn't lost odyssey own though?

Yeah. Blue Dragon was a hot mess though. They did end up working on Last Story which was decent but nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah it did and then I remember what they did for the sequel and I die a bit inside.

I've done my best to forget it exists.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just finished all the missions in mgsv. good times. more questions than answers as if kojima is totally trolling and already at work on mgs6 for konami

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i just finished all the missions in mgsv. good times. more questions than answers as if kojima is totally trolling and already at work on mgs6 for konami

some people are hardcore legit convinced that it really is all some big ruse and he's not fired or something

it's kind of confusing

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

That would probably make Kojima actually the devil.

MGS6 will be a pachinko machine in Shenmue 3.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Black August posted:

some people are hardcore legit convinced that it really is all some big ruse and he's not fired or something

it's kind of confusing

I will admit that I 100% expected David Hayter to show up in MGS5

Then when I found out the story twist I was MORE convinced it would happen

MGS has a reality warping field around it where the truth seems like a conspiracy

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kojima logic makes anything seem possible.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Black August posted:

it's kind of confusing

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3nemv8/infiltrating_hells_kitchen/?sort=new

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3ncqfk/hells_kitchen_real_world_arg/

They are now convinced that if they find zeros hq in new york IN REAL LIFE and infiltrate it, IN REAL LIFE, something will happen. I'm thinking 9 years locked away is what will happen.

My fav post in that thread is the guy who thinks just because skullface said "if someone finds it, there are dozens of ways in" is kojima giving him permission to trespass in real life. Sure that will hold up in front of a judge.

this really is the subreddit that just keeps on giving.

The nonexestant arg in MGSV is great and I expect it to go on for decades

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, hope I found the appropriate thread for my question, but I'm looking for a new PC multiplayer FPS to play. I've played CS:GO, CS:S Quake Live, TF2, to death. I tried googling around to see what was recommended but of course it was CS:GO, TF2, BF4, all of which I've already played.

It doesn't have to be a military shooter.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its amazing the kind of ridiculous stuff people will do because they are convinced a videogame is hiding some secret from them.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
The philosophers legacy is hidden in the white house, someone go put on a solid snake outfit and try to sneak in

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i should really get mgsv before the entire game gets spoiled

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Confounding Factor posted:

Hey guys, hope I found the appropriate thread for my question, but I'm looking for a new PC multiplayer FPS to play. I've played CS:GO, CS:S Quake Live, TF2, to death. I tried googling around to see what was recommended but of course it was CS:GO, TF2, BF4, all of which I've already played.

star wars comes out soon i guess. fps games are kind of at a low point it feels like

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

i should really get mgsv before the entire game gets spoiled

I haven't played it yet either but from what I've heard so far it's just like every other MGS game. Great gameplay, batshit insane storyline that doesn't quite work.

Notable exception is MGS3 which had just the right amount of Kojima insanity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ekster posted:

I haven't played it yet either but from what I've heard so far it's just like every other MGS game. Great gameplay, batshit insane storyline that doesn't quite work.

Notable exception is MGS3 which had just the right amount of Kojima insanity.

the story is very straightforward in mgsv. it just ends about 2/3rds through the game and then some stuff happens that makes it clear that kojima had to compromise to reach his ship date.

game still rules but this one is 99% great 3rd person shooter and 1% story vs the 50% clunky game that gets fixed in a remaster and 50% insane story that we're used to

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mistle posted:

IIRC you could swap out the GBA for a controller at some point after choosing your character. You were SOL for materia/item management(like dumping an extra thunder), but you could still chain with them, and if you were a veteran player, you didn't need a personal management screen for a session.

Yeah but you still needed 4 GBAs and 4 stupid-rear end connector cables to get started. That's hundreds of dollars.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Do the graphics need to be "modern"?

Because Project Reality is pretty cool. Send me a PM if you're interested and we can play sometime together on CTS or something because I'm pretty new with it myself so we could noob it up together.

If the graphics need to be "modern" or whatever, though, I recommend Insurgency. It's a good game.

Ladderface
Jul 30, 2005

Mmmm-HHHMMMmmm...

The open beta thing for the new Unreal Tournament is lookin good for how early on it is. Maybe check that out.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lots of goons actively play Blacklight. I think the thread is even usually on the first or second page.

I personally think Hawken is extremely fun. It's not as populous as it once was, but it's still easy to find full matches.

Both of these games are free. Imo Hawken has a better model, but blacklight is also better than usual ftp crap. So there's no harm trying them out.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I really like that animation of balthier whistling for the waves

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This seems to be the generation where PC Gamers keep begging like peasants for ports of console exclusive games. Gee and here I thought PC gaming had more than enough games that console games didn't even need to be considered due to their inferiority, or did they finally tire of PC Gaming's endless wave of halfassed indie games and MOBAS?

Looks like PC Gaming Supremacy was indeed a myth after all.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ooowwwww my taint :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Taint Reaper posted:

This seems to be the generation where PC Gamers keep begging like peasants for ports of console exclusive games. Gee and here I thought PC gaming had more than enough games that console games didn't even need to be considered due to their inferiority, or did they finally tire of PC Gaming's endless wave of halfassed indie games and MOBAS?

Looks like PC Gaming Supremacy was indeed a myth after all.

are there a lot of console rtses though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i like rts and i cannot play rts on gamecube

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
The once mighty Taint Reaper, reduced to crawling on his hands and knees and begging anybody to please let him reap one last taint, just to remember what it felt like before they shove him into a retirement home to die.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

Because Gamecube has been dead for years, no new games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Because Gamecube has been dead for years, no new games.

its not dead in the hearts of gamers, true gamers who believe

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the sun never sets on those who ride into it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

the sun never sets on those who ride into it

Yes it does, the disc drive for the gamecube is very prone to failure.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
i just played through the Mass Effect trilogy and holy moly! the ending to 3 was so bad! the whole game had terrible writing. it was soulless and contrived.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deadlyrhetoric posted:

i just played through the Mass Effect trilogy and holy moly! the ending to 3 was so bad! the whole game had terrible writing. it was soulless and contrived.

thats the bioware touch post kotor

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

deadlyrhetoric posted:

the videogame was written by a woman, how does it feel to be a sexist MRA who's going to shoot up a school because you hold such an opinion?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's not many RTS on PC nowadays either. Another casualty of lovely MOBAs

New ones, I mean

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
DOTA 2 dying apparently got valve's attention because they went into emergency mode with DEALS

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

console gaming is trash until there's a port of europa universalis 4

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

the videogame was written by a woman, how does it feel to be a sexist MRA who's going to shoot up a school because you hold such an opinion?

quit being weird.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

The Taint Reaper posted:

were the other 2 not?

knockout fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 4, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

thats the bioware touch

ftfy. Kotor is good, but it's writing is just as terrible as the rest of their games.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

quit being weird.

Lol. Looks like another reaping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

i don't like the tone of this month's thread

• Locked thread