Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've only played through the first level so far (it's one of those I put down because something shiny ran by and haven't picked back up again yet) and you made me look incompetent. Probably because I kept waiting for conversations to finish instead of exploiting them for sneaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Challenge mode is listening to any variation of this song and not whistling it for the rest of the loving day.

I can't whistle, so challenge won. Humming it on the other hand...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Well, my own playstyle is quickly shaping up to be "tries to be sneaky/nonlethal, but these people keep walking into my sword." It's not my fault I mis-blinked to a ledge and landed on them!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

After so many games being forgiving about body dumps, it feels odd to need to care about it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Incidentally, that's one of the weirder uses of Blink. Finding out just where the devs hid the walls by how far your teleport can reach.

My instinct is to go high so I've found a lot of these.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Well, I just finished the game. Meant to play an hour before bed and "one more load screen"-d myself all the way to 2AM. I suppose that makes it a good game.

Final playstyle: Corvo the Apologetic. Sleep dart a guard, watch as he falls into the canal, fun stuff like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wait... rats don't trigger springrazors. Can you attach one to a rat and then possess it into enemies?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Well two seems a good number you down want to overlay the overlays too thick.

In all seriousness with the weirdness going on with this and the Republic commando (as well as the commonality of "this has never happened before" on streams like SGDQ") is there an untapped fault line in all games where recording software causes everything to go wrong? Or is Coolguye's game going to slowly become more lovecraftian.

Well when you're running a game at the same time as recording the system is reading and writing large amounts of data at the same time, so that can throw a wrench into some things. For example that's probably why Jade Star's map takes so long to load in Red Faction: Guerrilla. Sometimes people are just cursed, too, can't discount curses.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It sounded like he definitely felt guilty about where things went, probably recorded it as a "history will vindicate me" confession thing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Llab posted:

Yeah, I'm just glad I don't live somewhere rural. I drive out to nowhere for work, and it's just the worst. I'm quite happy with my disease laden pests if it means I have actual things to do.

On the other hand, YOUR backyard doesn't look like this:

I moved to a city for college and I've got a list of spots that give me a view with a decent horizon instead of buildings, because I start going nutty if I go too long without one. I've also found it more isolating here; it's not that city folk are less friendly but that there's enough people that you kinda need to go out of your way to see familiar faces outside of immediate neighbors.

I will admit, having things to do other than hiking is pretty nifty.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlJ8ZCs4jY

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Belgium; that's where thatFrench detective pretends to be from, right? Like anyone would believe he was from Narnia or wherever it is.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

If y'all think Euros hate each other you should take a trip to Asia...

I grew up in New Mexico and have angrily informed friends that "it's pronounced Rio Granday. Texans call it the Rio Grand."

Hate for neighbors about the stupidest things is universal.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My 12th grade history class went through American history from a geographic perspective, then went back and did it all from an economic one, then population, political, and so on. It was great for seeing how events could have multiple "causes" all pulling in different directions.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Willem Dafoe narrating various games would be wonderful to see.

Scene: the aftermath of Orv's slaughter at Boyle's last party.
"This was done by six assassins with different weapons."
"What if it was just one assassin with six weapons?"
"Why don't you let me do the thinking, huh genius?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Delacroix posted:

I suppose this is Emily? It must be trendy for stealth protagonists to have coats.

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/727539544871079936

I... am really looking forward to this game, but I can't help but make "iconic cap" references.

Watch_Rats

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Can you tag Pendleton with a bolt when Martin shoots at him?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ablative posted:

Admittedly Tatooine was colonized about a hundred different times throughout history for its mineral wealth. And then the colonies were lost because of the Raiders, the fact that the dust storms cause most of the mineral wealth to corrode rather quickly, or heatstroke.

I have no excuse for Hoth, though.

Hoth is a starship graveyard. Something about the place makes it easy for ships to go down there, which means there's a lot of salvage. Which meand more people fight over it, and their wreckage makes MORE salvage, et6 cetera.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Hoth was a Jakku?

Yeah, if I remember EU stuff correctly. The magnetic science-gibberish which let the Rebels hide from Imperial scans (along with the remote location) also screwed up navigation.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Man, now I want a playable granny rags dlc.

Rather than collecting runes, you start with them but must trade them to people to get ingredients.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I've got a horribly uncultured palate and alcohol's never tasted like much of anything other than alcohol to me. I'll have a margarita every once in a while because my friend likes to make them, but other than that I do mixers-only stuff like coke and grapefruit juice. I'm a sad drunk too, so alcohol isn't even fun in that respect.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

You know what I think? A few things, actually.

I think I'm tired of looking at my chickenstratch in that avatar.

I think you can continue on to do even better things on the forums.

And finally, I think that we are in fact already prepared for Dishonored 2.

For some reason when I see those all I can think is "a pirate I was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the sea!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Speedball posted:

That game was a better asssassination game than Assassin's Creed was. Various different captains were immune to several of your tricks (like guys who were always invulerable to arrows) so you'd always have to do a bit of research and improvisation with the area to take 'em down. I loved it.

And you didn't need to complete all the story missions to unlock all your tricks. I love AC4 (mainly for "gently caress you I'm a pirate" mode) but the blowgun and rope arrows are very useful abilities that you don't get until soon before the end, particularly if you explore between story beats.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Actually that's one of the biggest complaints about Shadow of Mordor, branding being gated behind half the story.

At least it's just half the game, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The game pre-branding is fun, the game post-branding is just funner.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That bed really tied the room together.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

warhammer651 posted:

Why is the River Krust not whiffing?

Because those damned things never miss.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Orv posted:

Massive spoiler warning if you're one of the people who care about such things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2bkIEQA6A

:dong:

"There's no place for monsters like you in this world."
*stab* *stab* *throw a guy into a wall of light*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I wonder if Eidos Montreal ever changed that door code.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

TheDarkFlame posted:

So, uh

That name rings a bell or two.

The previous video preview for 2 was more explicit. You ain't imagining things.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/rosie.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I liked Corvo's blade trembling in the last scene there. Is there a special game over if you let Delilah go through the ritual unhindered?

• Locked thread