Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I really, really wanted Corvo to have an essentially one-sided conversation with the utterly alien whale overmind. And it just never happens. This bit with the outsider is as close as we ever get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

LashLightning posted:

One thing I read about the Heart was that it is the Empress's, as the voice uses the same voice actor.

This game tend to imply things rather than outright state them. This is one of those things.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Anyone who has been even 10 miles from a real ghetto knows that rats 1) do not give even the beginning of a poo poo about dumpsters and will climb or claw their way in if they think food is in there and 2) are way more likely to be there in the first place since they're fans of cramped areas with a lot of random detritus for warmth and cover.

Really if you throw a body into a dumpster, you should just see this massive explosion of blood and the faint sound of a squeaky buzz saw as the filthy rodent fucks that are in there lose their minds at the prospect of a free meal.

Modders, get the gently caress on this right now!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Add me to the list of people who had to reinstall. Playing through the DLCs, which I saw you are going to do so I won't say much. I gave them a pass the first time around, but they are totally worth playing. Some of the objectives in Knife of Dunwall were... Pretty great.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Llab posted:

That's only a problem if you claim it's for justice, not because they're a bunch of annoying, self righteous, sanctimonious dicks

Caim would like to have a word with you.

He'd like to, but seeing as he can't he's just going to shove a half-dozen weapons into you as a rebuttle.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So I did a clean hands run of this mission last night, after watching the video. Not as good as Coolguye, I was out of sleeping darts by the time I got to the Overseer and Curnow. Lacking any other option to prevent the overseer from killing Curnow in the sex dungeon, I waited until both of them were looking at the painting, and then blinked into the room, behind the Overseer, at which point I just choked him out. I got the same reaction from Curnow that Coolguye did.

Seriously though, I only collected like half the money, and it felt like I hit everywhere. They did a really good job of hiding this poo poo.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The whale oil tanks in Piero's workshop are good for that too.

You have reload after you do it, but it's worth it.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Please, please tell me this is the next LP, and you're going to carry over this LP's format to it. :allears:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

And very strongly hinted to be her father.

This is one of the things that I really loved about the opening. We hear the letter from the Empress, which clues us in early on that we are much more to her than just her Lord Protector, and she mentions Emily, and then we meet Emily. And while Emily does call us by our name when she sees us, her physical reaction of screaming our name at the top of her lungs and flinging herself into our arms (which we, of course, already have at the ready) is very much that of a child seeing her father after an extended absence. It was the developers telling us very clearly that you are not just their Protector. This is your family, which makes for a much stronger motivation when we have to watch them be taken away from us.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Orv posted:

I was practically immune to disease until I started doing LPs. Don't do 'em kids, they'll kill you slowly.

Unrelated, can we talk about how the first Dungeons and Dragons movie is an awful movie but the perfect depiction of a bad custom campaign?

The D&D movie is a perfect adaptation of the RPG and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :allears:

It really does need a set of captions that are nothing but die roll results, though.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Cathulhu posted:

"Mostly Flesh and Steel"? What is that, no powers?

Nothing but tier 1 blink. Which admitedly is a pretty good advantage already.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
How. How do they keep getting better?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

Burglar is great. Mystery foe and back alley brawl should also be easy enough to show off.

Burglar is like "Hey, y'know how we drew a lot of inspiration from Thief? Wanna play an entire map in that style?" and it's good.

The other modes are hot garbage.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Having a weird issue with the DLC right now. It's giving me a message that the game can't save (even starting a new game!) and when I go into the menu it soft locks. Verifying the file integrity right now, but has anyone else run across this problem? It didn't start until midway through the Brigmore Witches DLC but it's effecting the whole game now.

*EDIT*
Wow. Okay, this is not cool Microsoft.

Back when I got my Win7 PC, it was recommended to me to save all of my stuff to a "Program Files" folder of my own making, because the one given to you by Win7 would be set to read-only and would be a giant pain in the rear end about files that need to be adjusted. Like, y'know, save games.

I recently upgraded to Win10, which has apparently decided that my own "Program Files" folder needed to also be set to read only.

I'm currently unfucking the files and folders, and I imagine this is the reason I've been experiencing this issue, but seriously Microsoft? gently caress off.

*EDIT 2*
Win10 you piece of poo poo. What do you mean "Access is denied"? I'm the goddamn Admin here, for fucks sake, if I want to remove a read-only setting from my loving files you will let me loving do it!

*EDIT 3*
Okay, so I'm not an Admin, I'm a "debugger"? gently caress you too. I'm an Admin now, and I'm also resetting ownership of the C drive from "trustedinstaller" to me. Geeeeet hosed Win10.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 21, 2016

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Zomborgon posted:

Her Mark gives her a full set of smell-based powers:

Sniff: Like Blink, but you imagine a smell and then go to a neaby area where that smell is strongest
Tracker's Eye
Odor Blast
Bilous Possession (100% chance of vomit, affects nearby guards in chaining fashion)
Summon Plague Skunk

And of course,

Whiff

Perfect.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Lily Burke to the rescue, or as antagonist, is my question.

I really want this name to be canon.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

radintorov posted:

Finally what I'm assuming is the ship captain does look a lot like Billie Lurk.

That did rather leap out at me, yes.

Crossing fingers for "Lilly Burke".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Marshal Radisic posted:

He is. IIRC, the actual Weeper analogues in Dishonored 2 are parasitized by giant fantasy wasps that build nests in dead people. Six of one, really.

Argh

[Pedantic]The correct phrase you are attempting to reference is "Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other", suggesting that, though different on the surface, both things are essentially the same.[/Pedantic]

• Locked thread