Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
As promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dareon posted:

I should fire the game up and see how many bodies can fit in a single dumpster.

Five. Six if you don't care about closing it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You have to keep them all in range of the game caring about things near you, so it's basically a really horrifying relay race.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Things I learned about Dishonored today: You can stack bodies two high before the physics engine starts objecting. Violently.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dareon posted:

Havok Physics violent. So basically the former.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Grate overseer though is an amusing example of how binary and direct games are logic wise, I mean I doubt anyone attempted to trigger death for Npc's by colliding with the floor (if Orv's Assassination is true) so no matter the abuse it was never going to kill him and ruin clean hands.

That did complete the mission for me. Unconscious entities obey falling damage, the more you know.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Wait what? I didn't see the target killed pop up or did you just cut before that? (or am I blind). I wonder if they use speed or distance for that then (probably distance or grate overseer would have died).

I have all of the UI notices turned off.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:ughh:

High Chaos indeed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh that's Havlock in front of me, I passed Martin and he opened his fuckin' trap.

E: He was also committing crimes against gravity though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 12, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
LP canceled on account of fallout.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I... don't.

Orv
May 4, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Can't wait to see what Coolguye and Orv come up with. :allears:

Crazy Corvo is both a patron of the finer arts and a natural scientist in the next episode.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Springrazors on bolts is small babby potatoes and I will prove this soon enough.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Rats are sadly not attachable.

Orv
May 4, 2011

double nine posted:

what are you talking about? You can totally attach razor mines to rats and possess them into enemies (you do take damage though)

It's totally possible that the one time I tried I missed because I haven't tried since, so that's something more to mess with.

Orv
May 4, 2011

HGH posted:

I hope you one day do Thi4f and get to the bugged looping cock ring conversation.

I must veto Thi4f so hard.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not if they were alive when it started.

(Trap sprung?)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Will be relevant later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0_KWZ_Atbw

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not that much later I'm afraid. I also don't think (but don't quote me on it), that Coolguy and Roboky have the same undying love for Hitman I do. I think they just like it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As a man whose spine is slowly trying to commit suicide that looks mighty comfortable.

Orv
May 4, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Well, you folks could learn a few things yourself, LIKE THE GODDAMN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HAND OF NOD AND AN OBELISK :spergin:

I think we've established by now that all three of our brains make very weird associations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah if you're not garbage, right fellow commentators? :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just like the gypsy woman said. :stonk:

I have been slacking on my pulling the game apart, my bad. My next slaughter interlude will be just that, but I did in fact promise to break more projectiles and it'll happen. I just wanted to kill a lot of rich people.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

...huh.

I guess this is the Dishonorable Whale helmet now.

I can't unsee it now. Luckily I don't like Vauban.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bethesda and some other games have that thing that says [Empty] or [Locked] or whatever and even if it says [Empty] I will still open it and curse at myself while it closes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Regrettably I have already made a "LP dead on account of X" joke but uh, XCOM, real good you guys.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Brainamp posted:

I like how of the people I know currently playing it, RoboKy is the only actual australian.

Today I am proud to be an honorary Korean.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I ended up not liking XCOM 2 that much, so it isn't my fault.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was practically immune to disease until I started doing LPs. Don't do 'em kids, they'll kill you slowly.

Unrelated, can we talk about how the first Dungeons and Dragons movie is an awful movie but the perfect depiction of a bad custom campaign?

Orv
May 4, 2011

double nine posted:

jeremy irons is a national treasure and he (over)acts the hell out of that movie.

Exactly! Think about it, it isn't meant to capture the essence of Dungeons and Dragons, it's a send up to every bad PnP group ever. It's got;

• The sterotypical, Scottish, racist dwarf.
  • The stoic, know-it-all elf
  • The uptight, snooty mage
  • The two rogues who just came to drink all the Mountain Dew and crack jokes
  • The big bad's name is Prophyion, which will surely just get him called by some character trait he has because who the gently caress is going to remember that
  • The big bad's big hench is DAMODAR, who even whispers when he's doing something bad
  • The heroes get dragged into the plot by something entirely unrelated, and then railroaded as hard as possible into being the saviours of some bullshit they don't give two cents about
  • One of the players goes up against the big hench when the plot doesn't call for it and gets murdered to death for his trouble
  • The macguffin is ultimately pointless except to allow a thing for the heroes to gently caress up
  • Elves are magic!

Orv
May 4, 2011

cokerpilot posted:

Having watched the video I really really want to know what Orvs section would have looked like to an outside viewer.

I assume to the view of people under level two Time Stop Corvo teleports.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Haste makes human waste.

E: Now that I think about it, under those presumptions at least a couple of times Corvo flickered into existence like a bad horror movie ghost just long enough for him to replenish time stop, while several feet away a bullet materializes and Scanners' someone in the face. That's loving horrifying.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
"Suddenly".

I'll take care of the VO bit.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Next episode will see the not-so-triumphant return of Science Corvo. Someone draw me a picture of Corvo in a lab coat, studying a clipboard while stabbing a man in the face.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You are both beautiful people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:golfclap:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah there aren't any more announcements on Return to the Tower once you kill the announcer, so at least some of my clips going forward will be me standing around listening to the new VO.

Also the jist of what comes after "The uh..." is basically just saying what you all already know. The second act of the game is cool, and you've seen it coming for a while now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Every time you ask it actually causes Coolguye physical pain, because he can't stand the thought of not having done busywork.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Coolguye and I chatted and I'll be gradually working to get Majesty, FoC and Space Marine on the archive in the near-ish future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm obviously too cool to admit that that's pretty drat satisfying. :colbert:

• Locked thread