Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Having never played High Chaos runs of Dishonored before (and generally being the kind of guy that tries to sneak through everything anyway) I really wanted to be the one who did it. Getting to really change up my play-style and at the same time show off the toys the game gives you to be a bloodthirsty kinda Corvo. I am really looking forwards to showing and learning with you all and I apologise for the moments where my commentary just descends into comic-book villain style laughing whenever I give Coolguy the cringes (Orv's the little devil on my shoulder telling me to kill everything).

I know this game's been LP'd like four times on the forums but especially for me and the new experience of how things are going to go for a lot of details, I say keep them to a zero.

Please tell me you're going to show how the high jump completely trivializes normal combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Orv posted:

Five. Six if you don't care about closing it.

The fact that you know this makes me incredibly excited for your part of this LP.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious posted:

Do you even get those in back alley brawl? I would just blink over them to set up aerial kills. Seems like less of a hassle.

You don't even need to blink. The double jump gives just enough height to aerial kill from the ground.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

The masquerade ball is one of the easier missions to gently caress up while trying for low chaos imo, because that house just becomes a ridiculous beehive of gunmen if you gently caress up once, since everybody in the level is pretty much within "earshot". It's really satisfying to successfully ghost your way through the upper floor and do the non-lethal objective, though.

I did really enjoy Roboky's small disappearing corpse rampages inside the house, though. The NPCs really have no peripheral vision.

I enjoy this mission most if I've been completely unseen for the entire game (meaning wanted posters have a question mark on them instead of your mask), and murder absolutely everyone leaving naught but dust. Then I sign the guest book.

I refuse to do the nonlethal path on this mission, for reasons that will probably be gone into.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poil posted:

It lacks the wonderful abominations made out of stitching a group of corpses weepers together though.

This is digressing a bit from this game, but those weren't corpses, those people were alive before (and technically, after) the Tzimisce got it's hands on them and fleshcrafted them into those horrors :v: It's more like being able to manipulate flesh and bone like clay than stitching.

Super creepy.

As for the Flooded District, I actually liked this level. The assassins were fun enemies to deal with, and Daud is just great. The training section is great. The variety this level allows for in your actions is also great.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

sleepy.eyes posted:

My American History classes, in America, didn't teach me poo poo about American History.

Sounds about right, yeah.

• Locked thread