Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
One thing I'm surprised about is how completely okay Keane is with Reddington just killing dudes, even when they're helpless and unarmed.

There's no attempt at leaving breadcrumbs for the task force to follow, arrest and prosecute, she just gets what she wants and then Red kills them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I have to admit, though...that scene where Tom takes them all apart would've been cooler were it not for the four or five times it's been done in the past...the last one I saw was the non-lethal version in Jack Reacher.

I just liked it because it showed how Tom was so efficient compared to the majority of the cast.

I can't remember who posted it earlier but yeah Tom's pretty much the only guy who gets poo poo done on the show.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Gonz posted:

Red will employ a vampire army to break her out.

Unfortunately, the Cabal has acquired the services of the werewolf army.

The CGI budget for the second half of the season is gonna be astronomical.

Let's be honest here.

:smug: Spader could make even the shittiest fanfiction watchable.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I love the fact the FBI hasn't figured out they basically work for Red at this point as part of his criminal network.

I think they're well aware of this. It's just that Red is feeding them enough blacklisters to justify their relationship.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
'A lot of story to tell' should just be hours of Spader making up inane stories while he, Tom and beard guy in a season long montage of tearing down every criminal organization conviently leaving Red untouched and in control of everything.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I like Liz because she makes Tom happy and Tom is the second best character in the show after Spader.

Don't take that away from him thread :smith:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

My suggestion for S4:

Red: "Have I ever told you about the summer I spent busking in this little town in Czechoslovakia? There was a cafe on the corner that made the most exquisite buchty, they'd just melt in your mouth."
Tom: "I don't want to have anything to do with your plan, also I'm super agitated."
Red: "Come on, we have work to do."
[30 minutes of Tom and Dembe wrecking bozos]
[Red confronts bad guy]
Red: "You know, this reminds me of this little inn on the Sardinian coast. The innkeeper kept whippets. It was the damnedest thing."
[Red shoots bad guy in face]
(repeat x22)

I'd totally watch a prequel following Spader, Dembe and the other old man bodyguard build Red's concierge business from the ground up. Even watching Red in business collect his 'shopping list' of all the stuff bad guys want would be more interesting than whatever NBC is planning for the spin off.

Actually NBC, just put Spader in every single show.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Is there a show that is just Ocean's 11 every episode? A show exclusively about elaborate heists? Because if not, how the gently caress has that not happened yet? And can Tom's show be that? That'd be cool.

There's an American show called Leverage that was pretty good about a thief, a hacker, a conman/conwoman, the muscle and a mastermind plan elaborate heists to steal money off evil rich people. Its not hard hitting drama or action but was a fun family show that embraced it's own campiness.

Otherwise the British show Hustle featuring a group of conmen is also pretty good. It's still about thieves conning incredibly terrible and lovely people but the cons are more realistic (most were based on actual cons) and has a more Oceans 11 feel.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Cless Alvein posted:

If they figure it out maybe they'll tell NBC!

I can totally believe that all of NBC's broadcasting decisions are made by another network.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I think the problem is that writers/producers seem to think that unless you write a bunch of relationship drama into your shows, women won't watch. You know, because women only care about love and stuff.

The show to me set up the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" payoff with Tom and Liz and we still aren't there yet and have had to go through way too many episodes of Liz crying and Tom trying to show her he's giving up the life. The show would be much better if she'd actually lost the baby at some point and just took Tom back a million years ago and had him join the team.

The relationship drama doesn't add any anything to the show not because relationship drama is inherently bad but because the writers suck and Tom and Liz have no chemistry at all.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I just want this show to go all out batshit insane Scandal style and have it end up being about Red stopping an alien invasion or unmasking the lizard people living amongst us.

Yes this show is terrible but Spader just carries it through into something watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Atreiden posted:

The best part of this season were the episodes without LIz. Okay that's a lie, but honestly I hope they go back to more actual blacklist takedowns and Tom doing crazy stuff. Instead of family drama.

The best part about those episodes was still seeing her Boone's name come up every time in the opening credits.

• Locked thread