Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Wheeee posted:

Actually, this was the best episode because it was all Spader with none of the rest of this show's garbage cast.

This was kind of how I felt. Although it did nothing to further any plot that the show has developed, it was almost better for it because it was just Spader running around being awesome in a fun flashback Home Alone situation. Spader's delivery and the writing of the suicide speech was great. I like Tom, but he's been really awful this season in the post 'helping Liz on the run' arc. I honestly wouldn't be sad to see the show continue next Season with some kind of revolving door of different guest actors that Spader has to work with in order to bring down Liz's mom.

HookShot posted:

Yeah, that was the thing about 24. You were never really actually sure if someone died. I actually spent most of Die Another Day thinking the president had sacrificed himself because they just did that so well.

The only reason I ever moved past that being a fake-out was the awesome line at the end about how he won't remember his daughter dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

HookShot posted:

Yeah, Navabi is cool and good when they don't give her stupid rear end plotlines like being angry at Ressler because he slept with her and dumped her.

She needs to go just so that they can drop the stupid unrequited love angle with Aram. This show needs Aram to quit the FBI and join Red as his tech guy, and keep Cooper around as their inside contact. Ditch Ressler and Nababi because they're both terrible. Let Liz stay dead and have Tom move onto to his other show where he hires a really good nanny and goes back to being a conman/thief.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

I honestly thought that CNBC pic was a joke screencap from when that guy appeared on another show. He's loving real? He does clandestine Jason Bourne/James Bond poo poo in real life and does Blacklist as a joke side job lmao.

Speaking of Bond:
http://www.traileraddict.com/urge-2016/trailer

Pierce Brosnan, Tom Keene, The lead from Youre The Worst, and Hyde from 70's show go on a weekend resort drug binge and poo poo gets dark.

Ryan Eggold is not in that movie. You're confusing him with Justin Chatwin.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Greataval posted:

This is pretty much it. I come for the Spader power hour get saddle with lame rear end tom or liz bullshit. You think they would have this figured out. They have one draw just stick to it.

I think the problem is that writers/producers seem to think that unless you write a bunch of relationship drama into your shows, women won't watch. You know, because women only care about love and stuff.

The show to me set up the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" payoff with Tom and Liz and we still aren't there yet and have had to go through way too many episodes of Liz crying and Tom trying to show her he's giving up the life. The show would be much better if she'd actually lost the baby at some point and just took Tom back a million years ago and had him join the team.

• Locked thread