Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No guys, acts of violence and aggression when you have also been wronged by someone are totally ok thats why I support all revenge killings and honor killings are super cool and good.

e: All this is making me think that the Cardinals winning the world series would not be all that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
3 24 oz bottles of glacier freeze gather around the television, eyes wide in horror, as their father is brutally assaulted on national television and no one steps in. Oh the horror.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Got him in the spout once, I noticed

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

Got him in the spout once, I noticed

:golfclap:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Jake Arrieta actually gave Nori Aoki a concussion on an accidental HPB. It sucks but it happens, fortunately none of the Pirates players got hurt. It was lovely of the Pirates to retaliate against Arrieta, however.

Also Sean Rodriguez is a big angry baby man.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Id be mad too if I didn't know how to loving draw a walk.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

Man the Astros could have had Bryant instead of Appel :sigh: Imagine that infield, Bryant, Correa and Altuve then whoever you can find to play first base
Apparently the answer is still "nobody at all" to MLB Wizard Jeff Lunhow

e:

Paul Zuvella posted:

e: All this is making me think that the Cardinals winning the world series would not be all that bad

abort abort abort don't do it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Paul Zuvella posted:

No guys, acts of violence and aggression when you have also been wronged by someone are totally ok thats why I support all revenge killings and honor killings are super cool and good.

Agreed

No more cubs meetup talk let them be miserable more in their holes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Instead of talking about slides, make your postseason predictions: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745799

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is a lot of hyperbole and anger in this thread. Lets just all take a step back and focus on the true evil incarnate of baseball, the Cardinals.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Cardinals, but gently caress the Cubs forever and ever. I hope they lose in the most crushing fashion possible and Fox or whatever cuts to a shot of grown men crying in a North Shore bar

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

A cool drat horse posted:

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Cardinals, but gently caress the Cubs forever and ever.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

Id be mad too if I didn't know how to loving draw a walk.

He didn't even get an at-bat lol

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

The Gatorade cooler apologizes for its role in the incident

"He apologized, so whatever," the Gatorade cooler told reporters. "I really don't care. ... It's like brothers fighting. That's what happens."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I made the mistake once of rooting for the Cardinals

"Oh the Tigers will crush them anyway and gently caress Carlos Beltran lol look at that strikeout"

Never again

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ALFbrot posted:

That's my favorite part of the whole thing along with him starting for his defense and then bobbling a catch.

shadok posted:

"He apologized, so whatever," the Gatorade cooler told reporters. "I really don't care. ... It's like brothers fighting. That's what happens."

:golfclap:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ALFbrot posted:

Not sure what this has to do with the fact that he has a BB% of 2%.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

im glad people are embracing the cardinal way itt

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

shadok posted:

This is gold.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

shadok posted:

Fantastic.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
oh god gregg zaun and don cherry are in the same room abort abort abort

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Popete posted:

There is a lot of hyperbole and anger in this thread. Lets just all take a step back and focus on the true evil incarnate of baseball, the Cardinals.

you get touchy when people mention starlin castro fleeing the country after being accused of rape

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Yaya posted:

Lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Groucho Marxist posted:

you get touchy when people mention starlin castro fleeing the country after being accused of rape

I can't figure out what this in reference too, he left before he was accused on a pre-planned trip and came back for the trial. I'm not gonna defend Castro on rape allegations that never went anywhere cause I know zero of the details like anyone else.

I like how he plays baseball.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

People who hate Cubs fans should be rooting for the Cubs to win the world series, because Chicago will literally burn to the ground if they do. It'll be like Boston's 2013 but in reverse

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

someone create a gameday thread so we can talk about Don Cherry ripping the wildcard and butchering Arietta's name

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
gently caress yes, Don Cherry doing MLB casting, hahahaha

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Yaya posted:

Thanks for the trigger warning, I haven't turned on my TV yet.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

CANADIAN CONSPIRACY FROM MLB TO CLOSE THE DOME. MANFRED HATES CANADA.

hottest take and he's not even trying

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

BWV posted:

someone create a gameday thread so we can talk about Don Cherry ripping the wildcard and butchering Arietta's name

Commissioner Manfred tear down this wildcard . . . and also open the dome.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

I like how he plays baseball.

This week. Next week, who knows?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

then again, if the Jays did want the dome open and the league said no that's bullshit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This week. Next week, who knows?

Its a roll of the dice but when he's on it's a lot of fun to watch.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BWV posted:

make it yourself loser

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

gently caress off Commissioner Ranford. - Don Cherry

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Reformed Pissboy posted:

People who hate Cubs fans should be rooting for the Cubs to win the world series, because Chicago will literally burn to the ground if they do. It'll be like Boston's 2013 but in reverse

I was going to say this. Chicago will cease to exist if they win it all.
I'm pretty sure I'll die along the way.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"Let's go to Josh Hamilton for a comment. Josh?"

"gently caress the Angels."

"Back to the studio."

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
:siren: Hello people who don't read other threads! Get your official predictions in quickly! http://goo.gl/forms/UHRA0hGcxs :siren:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

3 24 oz bottles of glacier freeze gather around the television, eyes wide in horror, as their father is brutally assaulted on national television and no one steps in. Oh the horror.

Not sure why I made this, guess the idea of it just amused me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Will there be a game day thread for the Jays?

• Locked thread