Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
47,890 :woop:

I have ZERO motivation to write on monday, so I think I'm going to pull a double tomorrow and just put this fucker to bed.I already got a bunch of notes on what i want to add, what i want to take out, and what I want to change. I plan on taking a break to work on some other stuff, but Then I'll start editing this heap of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Just validated at 50,353. That's over 50,000 words of total, worthless poo poo, but it is my poo poo and that makes it glorious in mine eyes.

Still going to try and do more, but without the pressure I'm not sure how much more I can add.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
47320, which is actually...

87,203. Heh. Did the first half of the second draft in a failed Camp NaNoWriMo earlier this year, and now am closing in on my projected 95K aimed wordgoal for the second draft. This poo poo pays off.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

TheArchimage posted:

Just validated at 50,353. That's over 50,000 words of total, worthless poo poo, but it is my poo poo and that makes it glorious in mine eyes.

Still going to try and do more, but without the pressure I'm not sure how much more I can add.

I got lucky. I went into NaNo with half a story plotted, and I hit 50K with actual direction. Mind you it's rough as hell. Half of it needs to be written, and there's insane tones shifts that should probably be muted just bit. But it's still a story I can smooth out. Plus, most of the write something better later placeholders I put in actually ended up working together.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
I had an 80 word Saturday. Yikes. Fortunately I was ahead enough that 1800 words for the next two days will get me over the time. I want to pour out 2k+ tonight so I don't have too much of a panic on Monday. So nearly there, everyone! Keep it up!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Done!

50,446 words after validation.

Great. Finally done and I can put this steaming pile to bed for a month before I think about maybe getting around to editing it.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Done!

In the last hundred stretch, I updated obsessively, and when I was at 49989 I wrote a sentence, put down the full stop, and realised it was exactly 11 words long. So I validated (and the ShareLaTeX word counter apparently sucks at swedish, because the NaNo one told me I had 50266) and just stopped writing there. I think it was at the end of a paragraph, but not the end of a chapter and definitely not the story. I'm going to need at least 10k more to reach something resembling a conclusion. I hope I can manage to pick it up in a few days and do that, because I really want to edit this story and put it somewhere for my friends to read.

Also yay I don't get banned because of my toxx in the Long Walk thread.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

I did it! Just validated at 50,141 words, making this my first successful nanowrimo since 2012.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Validated at 50034, which brings my full novel up to about 90k. I feel like a boss. First successful NaNo since 2013. And, this makes me feel like I made up for my failure attempt at writing this in 2014. This second draft has gone really well, and i wouldn'ta done it without the write everyday mentality of NaNoWriMo. I'm gonna keep on it, and see if I can get this draft done before December ends.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I am riding high on my 50,014 words, which is a little less than what my wordprocessor reported but good enough.

I even have the barest outlines of a story now that I spent an entire month brainstorming.

And also my tendons hurt, because I did about 30,000 of those words in two of the last three days. That'll teach me to procrastinate.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It's gonna be a very tough 24 hours.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I was hoping to wrap this thing up today but then I got stuck at work for forever so I didn't have a lot of time. I'm at 48,849 so unless something terrible happens I should still be good to finish up tomorrow, at least.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Words - 1997!

Including the title!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Nethilia posted:

Way back in '08, one jerkfuck claimed to win with a stupid number (researched: 2.5 million) by literally copying Wikipedia talk pages and io9 reader comments into his document, wrote his own narcissistic press release about it, and got reamed the gently caress out about it.

http://fullmoon.typepad.com/chaos/2008/12/nanowrimo-yer-doing-it-wrong.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20150414095852/http://www.journalfen.net/community/otf_wank/611766.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20120225191326/http://marienbadmylove.com/thepresidentwhoexploded.aspx - the jerkass press release

In updates: I sit at 63068.

This guy rules and it's cool how none of you got the joke.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
50086 words verified. The "story" for want of a better word isn't done, but I've hit the number. Feels good.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I've been following this thread silently as I've written. This NaNoWriMo has been incredible and I've enjoyed every post as fellow writers have progressed.
I'm not done yet, but at 48,149 words to go, and over 12 hours remaining, I think it is possible!
This ending is the most rushed and halfassed thing I've ever done, but at least victory is within reach!

--

AND DONE. At goddamn last. I am ready to put this story to bed.

Gwaint fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 30, 2015

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

50,248. My seventh NaNo win in a row. :toot:

Congrats to all the winners in this thread and great writing, anyone else who even managed to squeak a few words out!

Anais Nun
Apr 21, 2010
DONE!

Validated with about an hour and half to spare before Dec 1st.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I got knocked off par on day 6 and didn't recover until the 29th. But 1500 words today and now I am done. I can't believe it.

I can't believe I did it.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Done at last!

its no big deal
Apr 19, 2015
I didn't have a novel planned out at all. Decided I'd do it November 1. Came up with an idea November 2. Started writing November 3. November 30 and on my first attempt at NaNo, I've done 50,149. Super, super stoked on having done this. Thought for sure I'd just stop part of the way through.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Ended at 16670. Just over 1/3 of goal.

BUT this was a totally sustainable pace for me, so I think I can do this every month. Should be done with a first draft in another 4 or 5 months, I think. And this is the longest piece I've ever written, so I'm proud.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
3 hours to go with 10,647, so 39,353 words to go. Still, I have what I feel is a pretty complete story (there's one small gap I need to fill yet). I'm not really sure how I'd make it longer to novel length without padding it and being repetitious, so maybe this is meant to be a longish short story.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

hit 55,000 for the month, far less than I thought but at least I won. Turns out a flu for a week will really slow your ahead of sched process. Congrats to all and good luck for those who are trying to beat the hour of midnight!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Finally clocking in at 3,000 words. :downs:

I have more than that in unread messages in my Inbox.

But I'll continue plodding along in December. I got laid off last Wednesday; why couldn't this be DecNoWriMo?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Seriously, I seem to only be able to do this on odd-numbered years. 50,055 and done. Time for the ritual changing of the Facebook header.

Every year I forget how much of a slog this seems by the third week.

• Locked thread