Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

On stream right now: Power level number now has a tooltip that explicitly shows stagger levels and other relevant stuff. which it shoulda done in the first place but, fatshark, better late than never, etc etc

This is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Willie Tomg posted:

On stream right now: Power level number now has a tooltip that explicitly shows stagger levels and other relevant stuff. which it shoulda done in the first place but, fatshark, better late than never, etc etc

thank loving god

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's like the one major issue i had with hero power. i still think it's kind of unnecessary as a whole but at the very least it won't be needlessly opaque anymore.

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Empire in Flames is the worst of them all, with the stupidly finnicky first tome jump

I complained about this earlier, but found that’s there’s an easier way than mashing against the wall. As you’re going down the street where it’s located, keep going past till you hit the boarded off street at the very end. Turn around, and there should be a windowsill on the left you can jump up to. Much easier this way.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
A little while ago on the release stream CEO Martin said:

"Don't show off the grimoires let people find that on their own"

other guy says

"I can't do the jumping puzzles anyway"

The best thing I've seen today.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is there a Community Name for the RNG gods, like how in L4D it was the "Director"? It would help a lot what with the candle lighting and sheep sacrificing in my office.

Mechanical mandible posted:

I complained about this earlier, but found that’s there’s an easier way than mashing against the wall. As you’re going down the street where it’s located, keep going past till you hit the boarded off street at the very end. Turn around, and there should be a windowsill on the left you can jump up to. Much easier this way.

I get that there is probably a better way to do it (i'm sure that the one you mentioned works every time), but there really isn't an excuse for why jumping up in the "normal" spot in the little enclave shouldn't work.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So on this stream, it looks like fatshark is showing us how you can have a man with a foreign accent micro manage you playing vermintide.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there a Community Name for the RNG gods, like how in L4D it was the "Director"? It would help a lot what with the candle lighting and sheep sacrificing in my office.

Nuffle.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lunethex posted:

other guy says

They also blunderbussed a chaos spawn which went flying ten feet in the air and thirty feet back, nodded, and said aloud "we only use legit physics for our game"

good devs, would have a beer with, a+++

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

you could try praying to nuffle i guess does he handle warhammer fantasy stuff

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

other guy says

lol

They changed drachenfels specifically to make the jump to the second grim easier though so I really think they’ll make the jumping puzzles better

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

"out" is a term with a lot of inbuilt flex in these, the days of early access, as VT has essentially been for a few weeks.

Those were pretty explicit beta tests, seems a bit churlish to complain that a beta doesn't have all the features of release.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tenzarin posted:

So on this stream, it looks like fatshark is showing us how you can have a man with a foreign accent micro manage you playing vermintide.

Lol yeah why aren't both of them playing. He's just playing with 3 bots right now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

They also blunderbussed a chaos spawn which went flying ten feet in the air and thirty feet back, nodded, and said aloud "we only use legit physics for our game"

Please tell me you or someone clipped this

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Willie Tomg posted:

To be exact there the Chaos spawn was jumping and died in mid air which caused the wierdness.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 8, 2018

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Screencapped for my and your convenience.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

Those were pretty explicit beta tests, seems a bit churlish to complain that a beta doesn't have all the features of release.

This is a very large conversation that sprawls well outside of this thread but alpha -> beta -> master hasn't effectively been a workflow since like 2010 and nothing I saw in the "closed beta" challenged that.

2018's "beta" is 1998's "demo"

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Digirat posted:

I’ve never called it “total bollocks” and wouldn’t still be here saying it’s a good game if it was. the problem is that it’s worse than the first game, a statement that really isn’t sweeping at all when I’ve explained numerous reasons why over loving weeks here. You’ve spent longer misrepresenting those reasons as all being “different than the first game” than you have actually reading them, so forgive me if I have a hard time taking a single word you post seriously

Dude, don't make me quote what you wrote. I don't feel like scrolling down :P. You literally said something to the effect of the game's design is bad across the board. How else is someone supposed to read that as? Yeah you've spent weeks posting about how V2 isn't V1 in gameplay and mechanics. I happen to disagree with pretty much everything you've said. Mostly because we don't and probably never will see eye to eye on what makes a game fun for us. That's ok.

V2 is a better game across any worthwhile metric for what makes a good + fun game for me and probably a really good chunk of other players.

Game play is tight. Movement/combat/character classes/etc.

Combat is a significantly better than the first game both from a look and feel perspective and actual game mechanics (changes to push/block, staggering, how many enemies you can cleave depending on weapon time, weapon weight, etc, etc).

Loot is not even in the same category anymore.

We have an entirely new enemy to fight

We have way more specials to fight.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Link this stream that sounds awesome

I took screenshots because I thought it was a really neat idea. I'm never gonna use it myself, but if you're gonna add twitch integration as its own gamemode, this is a really cool way of doing it. Sidenote: all 4 players can have their own twitch connected and have their own vote rounds going on, so the games can get pretty crazy I bet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the preorder release like a week ago was pretty much just a soft release and not very much of a 'beta' despite whatever the word in the top right of the screen says

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just saw this comment in twitch chat

UnholyDreisT: Sienna my flame, my light bless my body with your purifying kiss.

cancel it, i don't want to play anymore

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Screencapped for my and your convenience.

yesssss finally a end of level number that I truly care about!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just saw this comment in twitch chat

UnholyDreisT: Sienna my flame, my light bless my body with your purifying kiss.

cancel it, i don't want to play anymore

holy sigmar ravage this blessed body

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I get that there is probably a better way to do it (i'm sure that the one you mentioned works every time), but there really isn't an excuse for why jumping up in the "normal" spot in the little enclave shouldn't work.

To be honest, I think it might be the actual intended way rather than the nook jump.

Though this wouldn’t be a problem if the backward dash vertical climb bug was still in the game :regd09:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Move damage taken to the top of the list and we're in business. specifically the business of realizing i loving suck at this game where it counts lol

e; ahahahahhahaa of course it circles the person who took the most, thats awesome

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Johnny Joestar posted:

the preorder release like a week ago was pretty much just a soft release and not very much of a 'beta' despite whatever the word in the top right of the screen says

yeah because like most games at release they warned everyone they might reset everyone's progress within the next week :jerkbag:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does damage taken also consider damage blocked? because if not i am NOT interested

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Everyone is bitching in the steam comments about this not getting released yet. I will laugh (and cry) when the full game gets released and it turns out that they needed the extra time to do a full character wipe.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Stanley Pain posted:

What part of entire design bad bad did I not comprehend here? :) When you start with a broad, spicy hot take like that.....

He's been projecting VT1 --> VT2 for pages here
you have been willfully misinterpreting every single not-entirely-positive thing that has been said about this game as curmudgeonly salt making GBS threads on the game's entire existence since you started posting here and posting junk like "just have fun with it until you're not" like the rest of us aren't doing literally the same thing between here and the discord. you don't even do this to me so much because i incessantly drop in 'don't get me wrong....' clauses precisely because junk like this is happening, but it still is super obnoxious and toxic. like just stop man, you are not smart or insightful when you do this junk and it makes it really loving hard to talk about a game that we're on a games forum in a games topic to talk about.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does damage taken also consider damage blocked? because if not i am NOT interested

it didn't in VT1 and i see no reason why it would here

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 8, 2018

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So they are doing a heroic deed where your always losing hp. The elf is at full hp from the passive, lol. Balance the elf.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

So they are doing a heroic deed where your always losing hp. The elf is at full hp from the passive, lol. Balance the elf.

the bots don't seem to take ticking damage.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

I mean the rest of her kit is built around not engaging with the core systems of vermintide, this is really just being consistent :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ruzihm posted:

yeah because like most games at release they warned everyone they might reset everyone's progress within the next week :jerkbag:

that happens in games that are fully released as well if people discover really gamebreaking bugs that gently caress things up beyond repair, so

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This game was garbage @ release but i'm really looking forward to the free dlc with a bunch of extra maps and bug fixes that they're releasing in a few hours

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Johnny Joestar posted:

that happens in games that are fully released as well if people discover really gamebreaking bugs that gently caress things up beyond repair, so

nah, games at release don't warn people "we're in beta so we might wipe ur progress"

released games just do it without warning, because it's not a beta.

^ lol :buddy::respek::buddy:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it wasn't a 'beta' the way the term was used ten years ago but it was also admittedly a feature-incomplete version of the game that we knew was going to be changed at launch, there's no reason to be obstinate

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh no, my in game prank backfired by saying that the game was released after the host left the game. At least we didn't make it very far.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 8, 2018

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I love Ironbreaker! Rest of the team down? just pop your special, hold block and revive everyone while a massive horde whacks away at you doing nothing.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Is there a list anywhere of everyone's actives and passives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Is there a list anywhere of everyone's actives and passives?

I assume one will be put up with the new thread shortly.

• Locked thread