Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

was this on purpose :laugh:

so genuine question about VT2 vs 1 i'm not sure how to put, but let's try. There's some real frustration potential in the first if your group isn't on point, and I see complaints about "the elf runs off on their own, dies, blames team" are as alive as ever. but can you save a run from that bad situation more often in VT2? like if you're down a player or two is it more or less possible to carry through to a win than it was in the first? assuming players of reasonable skill level anyway

It also looks like the pressure to do max-grim runs 24/7 is also lowered a lot, which is pretty good to hear.

I think you are better off asking in the new OT. The only things left here are pettiness and suck.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851244

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Psion posted:

was this on purpose :laugh:

so genuine question about VT2 vs 1 i'm not sure how to put, but let's try. There's some real frustration potential in the first if your group isn't on point, and I see complaints about "the elf runs off on their own, dies, blames team" are as alive as ever. but can you save a run from that bad situation more often in VT2? like if you're down a player or two is it more or less possible to carry through to a win than it was in the first? assuming players of reasonable skill level anyway

It also looks like the pressure to do max-grim runs 24/7 is also lowered a lot, which is pretty good to hear.

Yes and no, but leaning toward no. In vermintide 1, two players can deal with any number of non-specials if one of them has a CC weapon like a shield and one of them has a damage weapon: if they just plant themselves in a choke point and the first player slams everything into pudding with a shield while the other one kills, they can withstand any size of horde even after the elf ran off and died, without really needing to be godlike players. In vermintide 2 they ruined the ability of most of the old mainstays to CC any number of enemies, there’s shield assholes who basically demand you handle them individually, and there’s unstaggerable assholes who have the same effect but worse. The AI is also obsessed with getting you surrounded even if you’re in a good choke point a lot of the time. Knowing how to funnel all the enemies onto the screen at once and then slamming them with CC attacks just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Madmen are already posting true solo videos on champion so it’s obviously still possible to cover for much worse/much deader players, but that’s easier said than done for us normal people. It will heavily come down to what career you are and what your power level is, and I haven’t seen most of the spectrum of that stuff yet. So it’s hard to say but in a dead average scenario I think the pubbie elf is going to handicap you a lot more than she used to

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Just get a saltzpyre with a flail and then shield dudes are no longer a problem :cool:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Digirat posted:

Yes and no, but leaning toward no. In vermintide 1, two players can deal with any number of non-specials if one of them has a CC weapon like a shield and one of them has a damage weapon: if they just plant themselves in a choke point and the first player slams everything into pudding with a shield while the other one kills, they can withstand any size of horde even after the elf ran off and died, without really needing to be godlike players. In vermintide 2 they ruined the ability of most of the old mainstays to CC any number of enemies, there’s shield assholes who basically demand you handle them individually, and there’s unstaggerable assholes who have the same effect but worse. The AI is also obsessed with getting you surrounded even if you’re in a good choke point a lot of the time. Knowing how to funnel all the enemies onto the screen at once and then slamming them with CC attacks just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Madmen are already posting true solo videos on champion so it’s obviously still possible to cover for much worse/much deader players, but that’s easier said than done for us normal people. It will heavily come down to what career you are and what your power level is, and I haven’t seen most of the spectrum of that stuff yet. So it’s hard to say but in a dead average scenario I think the pubbie elf is going to handicap you a lot more than she used to

I'm really interested in hearing how "the game isn't as easily solved in basic interactions" translates to "designed worse in most aspects", because it sounds like an upgrade you're just salty about.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
So do we do the prologue again in the release version of the game or is progress gone?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Hahahaha got seperated from my group by accidentally falling off a ledge and ran into a shield rat who was completely unkillable by Footman Kruber with a greatsword. As in, I couldn't damage him no matter what. I swung at him probably 30 times and never got past the shield. Tried a rifle blast at point blank- nope. Had to just let him kill me.

10/10 game

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

JBP posted:

So do we do the prologue again in the release version of the game or is progress gone?

Just the prologue; progress appears to be saved

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Unzip and Attack posted:

Hahahaha got seperated from my group by accidentally falling off a ledge and ran into a shield rat who was completely unkillable by Footman Kruber with a greatsword. As in, I couldn't damage him no matter what. I swung at him probably 30 times and never got past the shield. Tried a rifle blast at point blank- nope. Had to just let him kill me.

10/10 game

Power swing and sidestep, you'll kill him, I've done it on him before. You can get to their sides and get around the shield.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

:toot:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Does the SSAO look like bad crosshatching to anyone else? It doesn't matter what setting it's on, it flickers and looks a kinda janky.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Unzip and Attack posted:

10/10 game

Blocking an attack gives you enough time to side-step and deal with them unless you're surrounded by a bunch of them. In that case you block and follow up with the shove+attack move to get them staggered or dead if you got a head-shot capable heavy weapon like the executioners sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
That Sigmar temple map is loving awesome.

• Locked thread