Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shaquin posted:

Games with an autumnal feel are cool to.

yah what are some more games with good "fall feels" the illuminati mmo had some cool areas in those regards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WoW probably has a cozy Fall-looking region.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Psychnaughts, properly modded Minecraft. A few walking simulator games like Anna, which is alright and maybe Ester if you're into that

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

If I owned a gun I would shoot everyone who says to install mods in STALKER. Goodbye.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Dear Esther was pretty good because I played through the whole thing late at night and a little sleepy, and I kept thinking I was seeing things in the game that weren't there when I turned to look at them. I just assumed it was my imagination.

Then after I beat the game I find out there are actually ghosts in the game that can appear for like a second and then they're gone. They're never pointed out and you can never get a good look at them. I thought that was pretty clever for such an atmospheric game, and it's a little creepy in retrospect too

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

yah what are some more games with good "fall feels" the illuminati mmo had some cool areas in those regards

Ethan Carter is the premier Fall Simulator of our times

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Death to Walking Simulators.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

HORMELCHILI posted:

there is a fall season in Proteus if you're gamer enough to figure out it's secrets and discover time travel

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
skyrim near riften :twisted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What about Zelda Oracle of Seasons. Good for any season, really.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

What about Zelda Oracle of Seasons. Good for any season, really.

It also has the benefit of being in the incredible gameboy Zelda art style.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i'm trying to pick a castlevania game to play through this halloween. can't decided between super castlevania iv and castlevania chronicles.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Rondo of Blood.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Soma is ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Phantasmagoria 1 and 2.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
those old horror point and click games like harvester are good for halloween too because of how loving weird they are

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
remember Au Sable and Gyossait from Newgrounds? http://amon26.itch.io/

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
to those that havent played a silent hill

please play silent hill 1 and 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

If I owned a gun I would shoot everyone who says to install mods in STALKER. Goodbye.

i played stalker soc modless and it was an alright game but i kept hearing about balance mods and stuff and frankly i wouldnt mind having my character's height not be dwarflike on my hunt for strelok

also why is the gold requirement for greed ending so low lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i played stalker soc modless and it was an alright game but i kept hearing about balance mods and stuff and frankly i wouldnt mind having my character's height not be dwarflike on my hunt for strelok

also why is the gold requirement for greed ending so low lmao

The nightmare about stalker mods, especially SOC ones, is they have a tendency to put an AK in your hands at the start or something else hosed up about equipment progression. Like even if it's a mod about something else there's always By The Way, Here's and AK.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

The nightmare about stalker mods, especially SOC ones, is they have a tendency to put an AK in your hands at the start or something else hosed up about equipment progression. Like even if it's a mod about something else there's always By The Way, Here's and AK.

What mods are these?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

i always thought these homos wre all about modularity and CREATE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE besides i could always throw away the ak

either way im too lazy to redownload soc and then mods

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

You start with an AK in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The thing that sucks about STALKER mods is that none of them fix the jankiness of the base game, they just add more janky stuff and it gets too much for me. I can take only so much jank. The games are pretty fun though. I don't think I'll ever play them again however.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

The thing that sucks about STALKER mods is that none of them fix the jankiness of the base game, they just add more janky stuff and it gets too much for me. I can take only so much jank. The games are pretty fun though. I don't think I'll ever play them again however.

wasnt there a mod that specifically targeted how busted the game was with aims of fixing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I like Bugfix Mods, provided they actually fix bugs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

You start with an AK in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.

And?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmao check out this site
http://www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html
somehow the geocities style completely fits stalker

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

lmao check out this site

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

lmao check out this site

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Modding PC games is an absolute nightmare and I've never found it the effort to ever be worth it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Modding PC games is an absolute nightmare and I've never found it the effort to ever be worth it.

its always bad and you end up in a hole of just finding and setting up mods and never playing the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like to do stuff like mod PS4 control prompts or textures. I also ModTheSims, and Mount And Blade has some seriously epic mods. Brytenwalda FTW...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

modding half life was easy peezy breezy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I just have a couple of consoles

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

I just have a couple of consoles

pcs are cool cause you can play a lot of stuff even up to certain consoles emulated but its finnicky bullshit and you need to tweak stuff X_X

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i cant handle all of that ... plus , u hear people all over these forums talking about games on release day, and tons of people are complaining about how their pc cant quite run it right or they have gfx problems and stuff. the 1 game i tried to play on a computer was isaac rebirth and the freaking backgrounds wouldnt load. then they patched it and it stopped working altogether -_____- i got it on ps4 instead.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, but i did get to play suikoden 2 cos of epsxe. so thank u emulator people.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i cant handle all of that ... plus , u hear people all over these forums talking about games on release day, and tons of people are complaining about how their pc cant quite run it right or they have gfx problems and stuff. the 1 game i tried to play on a computer was isaac rebirth and the freaking backgrounds wouldnt load. then they patched it and it stopped working altogether -_____- i got it on ps4 instead.

to be fair the isaac 3ds release was even worse bug wise but yeah, pc ports are generally fail and you need to be always on top of the graphics card race it blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I built a high end PC so I could play FFXIII again at 1080p60 and I didn't regret it.

• Locked thread