Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have played lords of shadow and lords of shadow mirror of fate and I hate both of them. your mileage may vary but castlevania is my favorite series tied with metroid and I do not like what they've done to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Is it Other M bad?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is it Other M bad?

too... too hosed up for the imp zone

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is it Other M bad?

its not that bad but i actually bought lords of shadow for a friend and i watched him play it and im like wow this sucks lol but i didnt say that out loud because i didnt want to spoil his gift and he seemed to enjoy it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://youtu.be/Q2X9pa8UBwc I meant to post this in my Soma post

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

Pathologic HD is out

oh cool

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

I like to check bc if a game requires R2/L2 or God forbid R3/L3 it's torturous on remote play because those are mapped to various touch screens

I think you can map r2 and l2 to stuff like menus and maps so it shouldn't be too cumbersome to play. R3 and l3 aren't used at all I believe

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Has anyone played Resident Evil 1 HD on PS4? I have 2 and 3 on my vita now and if the controls are simple enough I will play through 1 with remote play

as I recall then these play very well on the Vita. I don't think that the L3/R3 buttons existed then, and remapping is quite easy. I remember that Silent Hill was an absolute bitch because the L2/R2 were the attack buttons and had to be held down. they were bound to the back of the touch screen by default and R1/L1 were loving useless actions on L/R. it was unplayable. when I figured I could swap these around then the game was very nice to play.

then I got too scared to keep going.

edit: im dumb and didn't see the 'HD'. it does however seem that the controls match very well, only R3 is used for the 180 turn. a bit of remapping that suits your playing style should suit this game nicely, I think

Bolverkur fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 30, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool I picked it up and will begin playing RE 1-5 this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Btw, it's on sale on psn right now, 12 bucks for anybody who might want to pick it up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is it Other M bad?

i didnt like it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i haven't left the rest area at the beginning of silent hill 2.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah a little one

the hot rod they added looks real dope, the hood ornament is a little skull with a top hat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's funny that every time Steam has an RE sale, Operation Raccoon City is left out.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
finally got to play FEAR again
this game is pure shooting bliss but not very scary

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

ArfJason posted:

it's still impressive to me that it's one of the few scary fps games that messes with you in vents

they will pull out...ALL the stops to get your goose

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Hmm, Pathologic finally got a new English translation. Might give it a shot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Hmm, Pathologic finally got a new English translation. Might give it a shot.

I think I have a copy bc I Kickstarter the remake but I'm just gonna wait for the remake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also played approx 10 minutes of RE1 and it seems excellent. Gonna wait for the sun to go down before I dig in

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i want re1 remake hd remake for pc remake but its like 15 bucks just like last sale. poo poo! Piss!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

i want re1 remake hd remake for pc remake but its like 15 bucks just like last sale. poo poo! Piss!

its cheaper on psn but i want the pc version

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

REmake is excellent, I played it earlier this year. I am liking Revelations so far as well.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

elf help book posted:

its cheaper on psn but i want the pc version

both versions are still like ten quid and I'm not paying that much for a game I already own on gamecube and burned out on but I still WANT IT

gently caress

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Those that have played Revelations 2... does it have online co-op for the story or just for raid mode?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just raid mode. I think capcom decided that nobody would want to play as Moria or Natalia. Split screen is still in though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ArfJason posted:

i put the shotgun in that game up there with the doom super shotgun, especially in slo-mo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

Just raid mode. I think capcom decided that nobody would want to play as Moria or Natalia. Split screen is still in though

They thought wrong. Makes no drat sense after RE5 and RE6 had full game online co-op.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

idk its more creepy than scary

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the shooting is good, it holds up

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

NickRoweFillea posted:

i put the shotgun in that game up there with the doom super shotgun, especially in slo-mo

hells yes, I had a lot of fun with fear 3 just because the shotgun felt good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

They thought wrong. Makes no drat sense after RE5 and RE6 had full game online co-op.

I agree! Having played this split screen it's actually a lot of fun. I'd say maybe there was a budget concern but the raid mode they got working seems to be more effort than just online coop for campaign. I mean it uses the same engine as RE6, can already do online coop in raid mode, and they clearly were cool with two people playing it in the same room. It sucks!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Resident Evil 1 is cool. Loving the near silence. At first I thought I was gonna be pretty resource limited but after carefully picking my way through the mansion and finding the first storeroom I suddenly have 50 bullets and 8 ink stripes

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Resident Evil 1 is cool. Loving the near silence. At first I thought I was gonna be pretty resource limited but after carefully picking my way through the mansion and finding the first storeroom I suddenly have 50 bullets and 8 ink stripes

how is playing it remotely on the vita?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

how is playing it remotely on the vita?

No problem at all since R2 is just the map and everything else is real buttons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Using classic controls, natch, btw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay I bought Revelations 1 because it looks just as good as 2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Using classic controls, natch, btw

maybe it's nostalgia but playing it with the new controls feels wrong and awful and my friend played through the whole game that way and it hurt me to watch. i tried to tell him and he called me a fag

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

maybe it's nostalgia but playing it with the new controls feels wrong and awful and my friend played through the whole game that way and it hurt me to watch. i tried to tell him and he called me a fag

the new controls are loving garbage frankly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i tried them for like 5 seconds, tank controls are way cooler

• Locked thread