Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I've been waiting for this all year! :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i cant wait to meet this coach!!!!!!!!

Not a coach.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The episode in the first season where the girl team loses and gets all sad...

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This show is still really good at making Volleyball look like the coolest drat sport ever.

It is very cool, you should play it some time.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

also i am fairly certain CR is just trolling at this point

how does this happen?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
How do they keep doing this.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

devtesla posted:

"The game's just getting starting"

Hey man, at least the scoreboard has been accurate so far.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

LorneReams posted:

I've been watching from the beginning, and I had a couple of volleyball questions:

The touch on a block doesn't count of as one of the three hits you are allowed, which seems weird as they even yell out one touch, so I assumed it was to let them know they are going to be short one?

I also thought that you could only score points on a serve? Also, a serve can hit the net and be counted?

This is not clear, but the back people can't pass the center line (but sometimes they do)?

You can kick the ball?

Yes, if you block the ball and it comes back down on your site of the court your team is still allowed three contacts. Blocking a ball still counts as having touched the ball last if it goes out of bounds so it's important to make sure your team knows whether to try and save a ball going out of bounds or let it go.

It used to be that only the serving team could score points and serves that hit the net aren't counted, but that's not true in modern rule sets anymore.

You are allowed to attack on the back row as long as you don't jump in the attack zone directly 3 meters behind the net.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Check this out: Number of high school students in school volleyball clubs. 2012 is when the Haikyuu manga started.

• Locked thread