Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genki
Nov 12, 2003
I think my only concern at this point is that the nekoma training camp may end up being a large part of the series without progress into the spring tournament? I don't follow the manga at all so I have no idea if that's the case, but based on the number of games they played in the first season, just this first unexpected practice match plus the training camp is pretty much a full 24 episode series...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Shakugan posted:

The funniest thing about the new "quick", as it's explained, is that it should be significantly slower than the previous quick.
I'm not sure that's true though. The speed of the toss from kageyama is the same, it's just the spin he's putting on it to make sure it drops at the point of impact. I suppose technically the speed has to be a little slower due to the spin, but in the context of the game, I'm not sure I'd call it significantly slower. The point is that hinata has a chance to decide where to spike the ball instead of having to do a full swing without regard for where the ball should go.

Also I liked how nekoyama's setter talked about how it would be so exhausting to keep up with hinata... never thought about it that way but in retrospect, hinata is actually almost more demanding than kageyama.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Shakugan posted:

To make it drop at the point of impact, he must be throwing it significantly less hard so the arc peaks at Hinata, because that's how projectiles work. The spin has an effect to be sure, but not enough that anyone could achieve the trajectory as shown in the episode without throwing the ball so it travels considerably slower than it did before. So while Hinata has more time in the air to make a decision on how to hit, it would also be much clearer to the opposing team what's going on.
I feel like you might be overestimating how hard he could do the pinpoint toss before. It's not like it was a bullet or something.

Also practically speaking, it's anime, so it doesn't have to be based in reality. So there.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Good thing Yachi took everyone's nervousness on herself... :v:

• Locked thread